blue ray and surround sound not working with xbox even with digital optical connection?

Discus and support blue ray and surround sound not working with xbox even with digital optical connection? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Any ideas? not sure if I'm in right place. cannot get my panasonic blu ray / receiver to play sound through my surround sound. do i need to replace... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RaringSaturn342, Dec 29, 2014.

1. blue ray and surround sound not working with xbox even with digital optical connection?

Any ideas? not sure if I'm in right place. cannot get my panasonic blu ray / receiver to play sound through my surround sound. do i need to replace with normal receiver or will this work? i have digital audio connected and no sound. turned hdmi off and changed
    optical output on console, nothing and then changed to dts digital surround instead of dolby, nothing.

Thanks,

:)

RaringSaturn342, Dec 29, 2014
  2. WARRIOR I M
    WARRIOR I M Guest
    No Dolby Digital or DTS via optical output?

I just read this:

support.xbox.com/.../digital-sound-not-working

So how is there surround sound for this but not both Dolby Digital and DTS for Blu-ray and gaming? Since the xbox auto updates, how will I know when an update that adds surround sound and 3D for Blu-ray and gaming is downloaded?

WARRIOR I M, Dec 29, 2014
  3. lucky6x6x6
    lucky6x6x6 Guest
    Surround sound issue

Ok I have a 5.1 surround sound system with a receiver/dvd player combo and that's connected with a audio optical cable directly to the Xbox one and hdmi to the tv settings on xbox are optical out, bitstream, dolby digital and for games and blue ray 5.1 surround
    works perfect but for hulu and music and dvds even certified for 5.1 surround only come in on my front two speakers and the woofer (2.1 stereo sound) shouldn't my xbox be smart enough to mix the sound to all speakers if it's coming through as stereo sound?

lucky6x6x6, Dec 29, 2014
  4. blue ray and surround sound not working with xbox even with digital optical connection?

You may want to go to the Panasonic forums. Can you list the actual model of your Panasonic system?

But I would try and change the audio then do a hard restart (hold down power button for 5 or so seconds) wait a minute then power the system back on to see if maybe that will change the audio signal over.

Richiestang78, Dec 29, 2014
  5. Richiestang78 Win User

blue ray and surround sound not working with xbox even with digital optical connection?

You may want to go to the Panasonic forums. Can you list the actual model of your Panasonic system?

But I would try and change the audio then do a hard restart (hold down power button for 5 or so seconds) wait a minute then power the system back on to see if maybe that will change the audio signal over.
  6. JeffNebraska Win User

Surround Sound on TV Pass Through Still Not Working?!?!?

Optical for audio doesn't work for me. When I watch Blu-rays and play games with better than Dolby Digital Sound (DTS-MA or Dolby TrueHD), optical can't send those.

Anyone figured out a clever way to make surround sound pass through from their cable box work normally, or is this just a deal breaker?
  7. WARRIOR I M Win User

No Dolby Digital or DTS via optical output?

I just read this:

support.xbox.com/.../digital-sound-not-working

So how is there surround sound for this but not both Dolby Digital and DTS for Blu-ray and gaming? Since the xbox auto updates, how will I know when an update that adds surround sound and 3D for Blu-ray and gaming is downloaded?
  8. jesse7219 Win User

XBOX ONE audio question (Center Speaker)

I'm using Optical, and can get the center channel to work through Blu-Ray but not any games. I have my settings for DTS Digital Surround for optical setting.
  9. bbarley Win User

XBOX One won't pass surround sound through HDMI Pass through..

For me, my ideal setup would be hdmi from cable box to xbox to surround in. Then surround out to one of my hdmi in's on the tv. I suspect that I might have to run optical out from cable box to optical in surround. I'd rather not have to switch inputs
    from hdmi one for xbox/cable to surround for blue ray.
Thema:

1. blue ray and surround sound not working with xbox even with digital optical connection? - Similar Threads - blue ray surround

2. X box one will not play ANY discs game or blue ray...nothing! PLEASE HELP!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box one will not play ANY discs game or blue ray...nothing! PLEASE HELP!!: X box one will not play ANY discs game or blue ray...nothing! Purchased it used for my son's and we don't have internet so we bought 2 games and they can't play either of them! Please help! I...
  3. Xbox sound going out when blue ray movie was exited out of

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox sound going out when blue ray movie was exited out of: I was watching a blueray movie when I exited out of it (not the correct way but just clicking YouTube and leaving the blueray disc player open) then while on YouTube the audio was not playing at...
  4. xBox One X Blue-Ray player

in XBoX on Windows
    xBox One X Blue-Ray player: I've recently had issues with the xBox blue-ray player frequently not playing DVDs, despite some being brand new and others, it has played perfectly previously. I cleared the cache, did a reboot,...
  5. Blue ray Player 0x80073d55

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blue ray Player 0x80073d55: Dear Team, Since some days, my Xbox one s does not start the blu ray player app. I get the error code 0x80073d55. Is there another app I can use to play my DVDs ? Or better, is there a...
  6. Xbox One S won’t install disc games, but can read blue ray discs

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S won’t install disc games, but can read blue ray discs: Every time I put in an Xbox game, the Xbox doesn’t detect it. I know the discs work because I use them in a different Xbox. When I put in a disc, I hear the same noise on a loop, so I’d assume...
  7. Xbox Series X - Skip ahead alpha - blue ray drive active for 6 minutes 14 seconds after startup

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X - Skip ahead alpha - blue ray drive active for 6 minutes 14 seconds after startup: Having my xbox series x blue ray drive spinning for 6 minutes and 14 seconds after you turn on the console every time just because you have a disk in the tray is very annoying. If I haven't...
  8. After ejecting Blu-Ray disc, screen goes blue while Xbox is on/Cannot use

in XBoX on Consoles
    After ejecting Blu-Ray disc, screen goes blue while Xbox is on/Cannot use: I ejected a Blu-Ray disc from my Xbox One S and I am stuck at a blue screen and cannot fix it. I’ve reset the console multiple times, as well as fiddling with the HDMI to no avail. Has this...
  9. Would be nice if the Blue ray app could be updated

in XboX Insiders
    Would be nice if the Blue ray app could be updated: Currently the Blue Ray app is outdated and not optimized for Series SX, the app description doesn’t even mention Series XS consoles. When watching a 4K HDR Blue ray the picture begins to flicker...
  10. Series X has issues with 4K HDR Blue ray movies.

in XboX Insiders
    Series X has issues with 4K HDR Blue ray movies.: I have two series X and they have the exact same issues. During playback of a 4K HDR Blue ray the picture will go black for a second or two then come back then after flashing black it will go full...