Blu-ray question

Discus and support Blu-ray question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I'm watching a Blu-ray and hit the home button to go back to the home screen, my screen goes black for a second or two. When watching DVDs or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LSpear76, Feb 26, 2014.

1. LSpear76
    LSpear76 Guest

Blu-ray question

When I'm watching a Blu-ray and hit the home button to go back to the home screen, my screen goes black for a second or two. When watching DVDs or playing games the transition when pressing the home button is smooth.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is it an HDMI handshake thing?

:)

LSpear76, Feb 26, 2014
  2. H2O Kylo Ren
    H2O Kylo Ren Guest
    Will the Blu-Ray drive be removable?

Question: Will the Blu-Ray drive be removable?

H2O Kylo Ren, Feb 26, 2014
  3. sophialiu
    sophialiu Guest
    sophialiu, Feb 26, 2014
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Brand new Xbox one s not playing discs

Hello Faybeller,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. Make sure that you have the blu ray app installed. Go to my games and apps>apps>see if the blu ray app is there. Once you install it then try it out.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/apps/dvd-blu-ray-setup

Thanks,

Brad
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox 1X Dvd playback and upscaling?

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In reference to your question, standard DVDs are not equipped with the 4K features.

The movies capable to produce 4K features are known as Blu-Ray discs.

For more information, check out the following articles:

Hope this helps.
  6. OCRyzen Win User

5 reasons why next gen consoles will initially suck.

The Blu-Ray Concept, was Created & Prototyped by Sony & Phillips... Pioneer, helped make the DVR Concept.. [Rewritable BR]

The Blu-Ray Association, are just backers of the Blu-Ray Disc Concept... The BDA Innovate the Blu-Ray Discs now [TDK - hard coating polymer for Blu-ray Discs etc]

The Blu-ray Disc Founders (BDF) group was a collection of technology firms working together to develop and support the Blu-ray Disc. [After the Blu-Ray idea was put forward & was asking for investors/backers etc..]

It's not saying, the BDF created Blu-ray... They Innovate the concept By Sony/Phillips & used it for their own setups & Brought it to market etc
  7. vincentmaran Win User

My Xbox One S doesn't play DVD but plays Blu ray disc just fine.

it will most likely be dirt on the lens or the red laser diode has failed.
    but the funny part is , it reads blu ray discs just fine. or does it have two laser diode ? one for dvd and one for blu ray? sorry if this question seems in appropriate.
  8. Patdawg1 Win User

Syncing Xbox media remote on a series X

Question is it a Talon Media Remote Control for Xbox One, TV, Blu-Ray & Streaming
    Media?
Thema:

Blu-ray question

1. Blu-ray question - Similar Threads - Blu ray question

2. Blu-Ray won't install on Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-Ray won't install on Series X: Previously had Blu-Ray Player on my Xbox Series X, and it worked fine, until today, when it suddenly decided it needed to be connected to Wi-Fi to work, no problem, connected it to Wi-Fi, then...
  3. Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...: My Xbox played 4K-BR seamlessly before April 2024, but as of May 2024, my Xbox Series X has stopped reading all 4K UHD Blu-ray discs (BD50, BD66, BD100) - whilst all other formats (DVD, Blu-ray...
  4. X-Box One Blu-Ray issue

in XBoX on Windows
    X-Box One Blu-Ray issue: my blu rays keep glitching on my xbox one I've tried to play said blu rays on my regular blu-ray player with the same results so I need to know is it the console/player or do I have to buy said...
  5. Blu-Ray Player won't install from Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X.

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-Ray Player won't install from Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X.: I tried downloading the Blu-Ray Player from the Microsoft Store, and for some reason, it refuses to actually download. It remains stuck at 0% despite me having left it to download overnight in...
  6. Xbox series X blu ray playback

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X blu ray playback: Xbox series X blu ray playback randomly zooms in and out slightly while playing a movie. Its very sporadic. Xbox is up to date, discs are immaculate, no fingerprints, scratches, etc. I'm re...
  7. Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?: Does the Xbox series x support Dolby vision playback for the 4k blu ray disc movies ? not streaming capability I seem to be able to activate HDR but not Dolby vision for movie discs , is there a...
  8. Xbox series X-blu ray region question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X-blu ray region question: If a Blu-ray is region free, would that mean it would work on the Xbox series X? I know that the system won’t normally play different regions of Blu-ray’s since that part is locked but if it’s...
  9. Question on Insider release notes regarding Donnie Darko 4K Blu-ray playback

in XboX Insiders
    Question on Insider release notes regarding Donnie Darko 4K Blu-ray playback: Currently, and beginning with the Alpha channel release notes on May 5th, there is a section that states: Blu-Ray Playback We are tracking an issue with poor playback (lost frames) during the 4K...
  10. Blu-Ray/DVD Player Region Question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray/DVD Player Region Question: I have a little complicated question and I would like that someone that is really sure about it tell me the correct answer: I am living in Europe: Blu-Ray Region "B" and DVD Region 2 I am moving...