Blu Ray discs will not play unless I eject and reinsert.

Discus and support Blu Ray discs will not play unless I eject and reinsert. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since the Fall 2017 update, my Xbox One (OG) console will not play Blu-Ray discs when I first insert them. The Blu-Ray app will not auto-start,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Adamk0310, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Adamk0310
    Adamk0310 Guest

Ever since the Fall 2017 update, my Xbox One (OG) console will not play Blu-Ray discs when I first insert them. The Blu-Ray app will not auto-start, and if I manually select the app, I just get the blue splash screen with no progress.

If I eject the disc and reinsert, it works fine. I've tried this with dozens of different BD discs. Restarting the Xbox makes the issue come back.

I've wasted a few days doing all the usual power cycle, instant-on settings, delete and reinstall app, remove account and sign in workarounds. Still having the same problem.

:)

Adamk0310, Nov 1, 2017
  2. lego_maniac
    lego_maniac Guest
    Does anyone else's system leave lines/marks on game discs?

When the disc is ejected, it sticks halfway out sitting on the edge of the slot. Those lines appear right where the disc sits on the slot. It may happen more to Blu-rays because they have an extra coating on them to help prevent scratches that DVDs don't have, and that might cause dust or other particles to cling to Blu-ray surfaces better.

lego_maniac, Nov 1, 2017
  3. dimwit275
    dimwit275 Guest
    Multiple disks in drive/ will not eject

Xbox One has been having problems reading discs. I usually eject and reinsert the disc till it starts to read. Today, my disc wouldn't read, so I hit eject and it just made noises. I reset my xbox, didn't work. I looked up the manual eject, and I bent the
    paper clip from pushing too hard. For some dumb reason, I decided to shove another disc in the drive, and see if I could use the manaup eject on that. Bent a paper clip again, and now I have two discs stuck in my blu Ray drive and I'm kinda panicking right
    now.

Pease help! -Colton

dimwit275, Nov 1, 2017
  4. VileZero
    VileZero Guest

I am having the same problem with my launch Xbox One too. The exact same thing - the Blu Ray app will not auto-start and if I manually select it nothing happens aside from the blue splash screen. For me, ejecting and re-inserting does not work. I have to
    completely do a hard restart to temporarily fix the issue - which reappears a day or so later.

VileZero, Nov 7, 2017
  5. VileZero Win User

I am having the same problem with my launch Xbox One too. The exact same thing - the Blu Ray app will not auto-start and if I manually select it nothing happens aside from the blue splash screen. For me, ejecting and re-inserting does not work. I have to
    completely do a hard restart to temporarily fix the issue - which reappears a day or so later.
  6. Derringer30 Win User

XBOX One Blu-ray drive issue

I have this same issue. If you insert the disc when the console gets turned on, you get an unrecognized disc error. When you eject and reinsert the disc when the console is at the home screen, it loads properly. Same with blu-ray movies. You have to
    fire up the blu ray player app for the drive to recognize the disc, although this will occasionally work from the home screen as wel
  7. Francia J. Win User

XBox One won't play DVD

You’re welcome and thank you for the update. With the error code that please follow the steps below from Xbox Support:

“To resolve this problem, eject the disc and restart the Xbox One console:

Eject the Blu-ray Disc from the console.

1. From Xbox Home, with Blu-ray in the big application tile, move the focus to the Blu-ray tile, and then press the Menu button on your controller.

2. Select Quit. If "Quit" is not available, the app is already closed.

3.Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

4. Select Profile & system > Power > Restart console > Restart.

5. After the console restarts, reinsert the Blu-ray Disc.”
  8. Francia J. Win User

XBox One won't play DVD

You’re welcome and thank you for the update. With the error code that please follow the steps below from Xbox Support:

“To resolve this problem, eject the disc and restart the Xbox One console:

Eject the Blu-ray Disc from the console.

1. From Xbox Home, with Blu-ray in the big application tile, move the focus to the Blu-ray tile, and then press the Menu button on your controller.

2. Select Quit. If "Quit" is not available, the app is already closed.

3.Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

4. Select Profile & system > Power > Restart console > Restart.

5. After the console restarts, reinsert the Blu-ray Disc.”
  9. XBF Javier R Win User

Xbox one x spielt keine DVD / Bluray ab!? [Translation-Xbox one x doesn't play DVD/Bluray!?]

Hello Mirk,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning the use of the Blu-Ray player application on your Xbox One console and it's inability to launch movies that you're attempting to use through a disc.

Our recommendation here, attempt the options found within the disc and Blu-ray settings, one suggestion is the following:

• Clear the Persistent Storage

Use this setting to clear Blu-ray–specific data that's been cached to the console.

Try this for us and afterwards eject and reinsert the disc and let us know if this works.

Best wishes!
Thema:

1. Blu Ray discs will not play unless I eject and reinsert. - Similar Threads - Blu Ray discs

2. Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?: Does the Xbox series x support Dolby vision playback for the 4k blu ray disc movies ? not streaming capability I seem to be able to activate HDR but not Dolby vision for movie discs , is there a...
  3. Series X only playing certain Blu Ray discs

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X only playing certain Blu Ray discs: I am talking specifically about a brand new blu ray box set of The Pacific. Discs 1,3 and 5 work ok but discs 2 and 3 dont,i load in the disc,the screen goes black and stays black....nothing. Ive...
  4. “Xbox Series X Blu-Ray Disc drive freezes in BETA Ring”

in XboX Insiders
    “Xbox Series X Blu-Ray Disc drive freezes in BETA Ring”: Sup guy’s, so my series X is only a year old and the Actual disc drive has NEVER been used more then 3 times for Halo MCC (not including now)! Never had any issues in the past! Right after I...
  5. 100gb Blu rays disc not reading.

in XboX Insiders
    100gb Blu rays disc not reading.: Dose anybody know if they will ever fix 100 gb Blu ray disc not reading. When I put the disc in it sounds like trying to start up a car. submitted by /u/08spurlingD [link] [comments]
  6. Why does my Xbox One S, cannot read/play game discs. But it can play DVDs / blu-rays no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One S, cannot read/play game discs. But it can play DVDs / blu-rays no...: It can play DVDs with no problem, but cannot read brandnew game disks, that have taken straight out of the box? I do not know if it matters, but my Xbox One S is a Minecraft edition. I'm just...
  7. Should I be worried if my xbox game opens blu ray disc player?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Should I be worried if my xbox game opens blu ray disc player?: Its with a specific game every time [img] [img] b33ab200-d67d-42e9-912b-d90a1531cab9
  8. Xbox one S audio 4k disc and blu ray problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S audio 4k disc and blu ray problems: Hello, I am having a problem with my xbox 1S and same audio with 4K and blue ray discs. As far as I know this just started today, the last time I played with a disc was the Speed 4k two weeks ago...
  9. it thinks it's a Blu-ray disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    it thinks it's a Blu-ray disc: I go to put my Red Dead Redemption one disc that is for Xbox 360 and Xbox One inside my Xbox one and it thinks it's a Blu-ray disc 9d2dfc4f-7df5-49ba-8d27-0102264d82d9
  10. Xbox One S: My disc drive went out after watching a DVD on Blu-ray app lastnight.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S: My disc drive went out after watching a DVD on Blu-ray app lastnight.: My disc drive went out after using the Blu-ray app lastnight upon researching on tryna fix it I've come across others that have had problem with there disc drive also after using the Microsoft...