Blu-Ray and DVD player does not work on brand new Xbox One S

Discus and support Blu-Ray and DVD player does not work on brand new Xbox One S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Seems I am an idiot for buying a brand new Xbox One S to use it primarily to watch Blu-Rays and DVDs. It was confirmed to me that this would be... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Malakaye13, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Malakaye13
    Malakaye13 Guest

Seems I am an idiot for buying a brand new Xbox One S to use it primarily to watch Blu-Rays and DVDs. It was confirmed to me that this would be possible and that when I eventually update my TV I can watch 4K Blu-Ray movies. Plain and simple, my brand new
    Xbox One S does NOT play DVDs or Blu-Rays. I get a black screen but can clearly hear audio. The menu selections show up but no background images and no video. You name it! I have tried it to fix this. Followed all suggestions from Xbox support but NO.

This is simply unacceptable.

I see now that there are oodles of blogs about this with the same issue. Which is why I feel an idiot. But you would think that buying the latest technology, and being specifically told by the person in the shop, and by all accounts of Xbox marketing, you
    would think that the little white box would do what they all said it would do. What now Microsoft? Do I buy another Sony Blu-Ray player for the games room? Because I know it will work. It is not my TV. It is not the HDMI cable. I have re booted several times.
    The DVDs are legitimate bought ones from this region. I have reinstalled the Blu-Ray App. I own a great library of movies. I don't want to subscribe to your online movies. Let's get this fixed Microsoft. You guys are supposed to be the future of our technologies.
    God help us.

:)

Malakaye13, Jun 29, 2017
  2. caflex
    caflex Guest
    dvd disks will not play.

same here, games and blu-rays work fine. blu-ray app is installed. DVD disc will not play I get an error message. I just bought a brand new DVD and still will not work.

caflex, Jun 29, 2017
  3. XBox One

The Xbox One does play Blu-Ray and DVD, but keep in mind *3D Blu-Ray's will not work*.

Raff-4186412C-A6F7-4BB4-83D2-FB7AA9A32A1C, Jun 29, 2017
  4. caflex Win User

dvd disks will not play.

same here, games and blu-rays work fine. blu-ray app is installed. DVD disc will not play I get an error message. I just bought a brand new DVD and still will not work.
  5. luissolid Win User

Blue Ray DVD Player

Hello!

No, right now you can't attach and use any external DVD/Blu-ray Player.

The Xbox One S have a Internal DVD/Blu-ray Player. If you have the Xbox One S All Digital you won't have a option ti use Disc only digital media.

Regards!
  6. Raff-4186412C-A6F7-4 Win User

XBox One

The Xbox One does play Blu-Ray and DVD, but keep in mind *3D Blu-Ray's will not work*.
  7. TwistedCherrie2 Win User

DVD flicker on xbox one x

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help. Blu rays seem to be fine and of the 5 or 6 dvds i tested 1 worked. I know its not the dvds because some of those were brand new and they work on different players.
  8. John Dowding Win User

DVD playback quality is still atrocious.

No I would expect a blu ray player to play DVDs as good as a standalone DVD player. Blu Ray players don't magically improve DVDs. The problem would appear to be that the One blu Ray player doesn't perform well when playing DVDs in comparison to other
    Blu Ray players.
Thema:

1. Blu-Ray and DVD player does not work on brand new Xbox One S - Similar Threads - Blu Ray DVD

2. Can a xbox one play dvd/ blu-rays from any region

in XBoX on Windows
    Can a xbox one play dvd/ blu-rays from any region: So i read somewhere that xbox ones can play games from any region. But is it the same for dvd’s e7f8195f-ca5b-4baa-96f7-60af7d492b96
  3. I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player

in XBoX on Consoles
    I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player: updated everything my series x is up to date i launch blu ray disc player and on dvd menu i cant scroll to anything like for instance an 90s dvd you have dvd menu scenes features etc or most...
  4. Why do I need wifi to watch a DVD or blu-ray movie?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I need wifi to watch a DVD or blu-ray movie?: I downloaded the blu-ray player.Itsmy home xbox.I seen where someone said to go to settings>general>network and the choose to go offline.I did all that and it wouldn't play.To say I was upset was...
  5. Why won't my DVD play in the blu-ray app on my Xbox one?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't my DVD play in the blu-ray app on my Xbox one?: I need help figuring this out a0e9bc3f-8324-426c-abe7-fd007a9815e7
  6. Xbox One S: My disc drive went out after watching a DVD on Blu-ray app lastnight.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S: My disc drive went out after watching a DVD on Blu-ray app lastnight.: My disc drive went out after using the Blu-ray app lastnight upon researching on tryna fix it I've come across others that have had problem with there disc drive also after using the Microsoft...
  7. Xbox reads Blu-ray but won't read DVD anymore

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox reads Blu-ray but won't read DVD anymore: My xbox Series X is registered on Beta Ring. I have feels games installed from disc such as Ultra Street Fighter IV l, Batman Origins and Prince of Persia. Some of those were even installed on the...
  8. Single-button pause and play for DVD and Blu Ray

in XboX Insiders
    Single-button pause and play for DVD and Blu Ray: For the Blu Ray Player app, it would be nice if this was a bit more like most major streaming services, in that you press the A button to pause and resume video. I don't know what the limitations...
  9. What regions of blu ray and DVD does Series X support?

in XBoX on Windows
    What regions of blu ray and DVD does Series X support?: There is this blu ray pack that is Region B/2, and I was looking up on what region Xbox Series X is, and I don't understand. Can someone tell me in just a simple phrase if its region free or...
  10. Blu-Ray player - Picture Issue - DVD / non-hidef features

in XboX Insiders
    Blu-Ray player - Picture Issue - DVD / non-hidef features: Not sure if anyone else has had this problem recently. When trying to play back (most) DVDs or play disc features that are of a lower quality resolution e.g. 420/520 etc. the screen/picture is...