Blocking Xbox360 HDD swap

Discus and support Blocking Xbox360 HDD swap in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Is there any way to lock down an XBOX 360, so that it will only accept a specific HDD, or for a PIN to be required if someone does try to swap the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Billbo1970, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Billbo1970
    Billbo1970 Guest

Hi, Is there any way to lock down an XBOX 360, so that it will only accept a specific HDD, or for a PIN to be required if someone does try to swap the HDD?

Thanks

:)

Billbo1970, Jun 10, 2014
  2. Mikeemouth
    Mikeemouth Guest
    HDD swap?

Cheers TOAS

Silly question; how do you get rid of everything then?

is it easy?

Mikeemouth, Jun 10, 2014
  3. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    HDD swap?

It's your choice Mikee, if you're not that bothered about your game progress just start over. Don't forget to remove your accounts etc from the old hard drive though if you have to return it or decide to sell it.

EggsBoxJuan, Jun 10, 2014
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

as far as I know that isn't possible to lock a HDD

You can try to set up a family pass code that will allow you to restrict certain things like games and apps etc.

See this link for the information:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control

5. You can't lock the HDD, but if you're worried about misuse of your account, you can enable proofs, which you can require that if your account is ever on another console, info must be provided. You can also create numerous accounts, all requiring proofs,
    so no one will be able to do anything with your HDD as all the account spots will be filled.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/my-account/security

Andy Mulligan, Jun 11, 2014
  6. MB5656
    MB5656 Guest
    they got it pretty much covered dude I mean the only was is the proofs and the parental controls because that stays on the actual memory not the HDD but then you would mess up some games like halo and other stuff

MB5656, Oct 31, 2018
  7. MB5656 Win User

they got it pretty much covered dude I mean the only was is the proofs and the parental controls because that stays on the actual memory not the HDD but then you would mess up some games like halo and other stuff
  8. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

as far as I know that isn't possible to lock a HDD

You can try to set up a family pass code that will allow you to restrict certain things like games and apps etc.

See this link for the information:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control
  9. Andy Mulligan Win User

You can't lock the HDD, but if you're worried about misuse of your account, you can enable proofs, which you can require that if your account is ever on another console, info must be provided. You can also create numerous accounts, all requiring proofs,
    so no one will be able to do anything with your HDD as all the account spots will be filled.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/my-account/security
  10. bowski477 Win User

swap HDDs

Ahh. There's just a button to remove it from the top and put the higher capacity drive on. We can only advise replacing the hard drive with an official Xbox 360 hard drive or use external storage. Discussion of opening the console or the drive itself is
    not allowed on the forums.
  11. Smwutches Win User

HDD swap

As long as it's the same type of Xbox (ie. fat to fat, Slim to Slim), it will work. A "fat" hard drive would not fit a Slim and would be a terms of use violation if you use it.
Thema:

1. Blocking Xbox360 HDD swap - Similar Threads - Blocking Xbox360 HDD

2. Play flight simulator using joystick and thrust block

in XBoX Accessibility
    Play flight simulator using joystick and thrust block: Dear all, it is possible, to connect flight - specific hardware, e.g. a thrustmaster joystick and a thrustmaster thrust block, to the xbox for playing flight simulator? Thanks, Oli...
  3. Power block is good and system is not over heating but Xbox one will not power on but for a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Power block is good and system is not over heating but Xbox one will not power on but for a...: Power block is good and system is not over heating but Xbox one will not power on but for a split second then off 56a4c5cf-7f6a-4bbb-960b-34a5882cdc75
  4. How to view block list on Xbox App for PC or iOS/Android Xbox App?

in XboX Insiders
    How to view block list on Xbox App for PC or iOS/Android Xbox App?: I've google instructions for how to view the block list and all the instructions seem really old. Appears there is no way to view the block list without an Xbox Console. submitted by...
  5. xbox 360 suddenly blocked from xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 suddenly blocked from xbox live: My three xbox 360 consoles (2x360 S, 1x360 E) were blocked from xbox live on 1-11-24. Come to find out that having the Ultimate Game Pass on auto renewal caused it. I knew it was something on the...
  6. Can I still end up playing with a blocked player if a party leader invites the person I blocked

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I still end up playing with a blocked player if a party leader invites the person I blocked: If I block a player and I’m in a friends party, can the player I blocked still join our party if my friend didn’t block the same Player? In other words can I still end up playing with a blocked...
  7. romove the block from the apps

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    romove the block from the apps: could you please remove the BLOCK from the apps PLEASE!!!!! 46f7215e-c3da-4df7-8c3a-52a8915855ca
  8. Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?: On Thursday 1-11-24 two of my xbox 360 S and my xbox 360 E stopped accessing Xbox live. I had been using daily until 1-11-24. Prior to the access failure I had made no changes to network...
  9. Xbox360 Blocked From Internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 Blocked From Internet: According to my diagnostics test, I'm blocked from everything on it despite having 100% signal strength. I've tried resetting my router and manually putting in addresses and restoring my network...
  10. Xbox360 blocked from everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 blocked from everything: Everytime I try to test my network connection it says that everything's blocked despite having 100% signal strength 793af1e4-bb2f-4f3e-ad16-1ab2157258c1