Blocked out of my own account won’t give me access back.

Discus and support Blocked out of my own account won’t give me access back. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Microsoft sent me an email apparently someone has tried to get into my account. They have now blocked my account accross all platforms. I’ve tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tyler Ryan1, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Tyler Ryan1
    Tyler Ryan1 Guest

Microsoft sent me an email apparently someone has tried to get into my account.

They have now blocked my account accross all platforms. I’ve tried filling the form out as I’ve had my account a long time the original number is a very old number and the email to contact a friend on is a very old email no one has access to.

I’ve given all details possible all correct all Xbox, address, billing information which is all 100% correct. The right emails for invoices etc etc etc.

And it STILL will not give me access.

I’m very annoyed and stuck right now I’m clueless as what to do next. There is no way to talk to a human

It’s actually becoming a joke now and I need it sorted I’ve never been so annoyed about something in my life. What can I do next.

I need my account back and now.

:)

Tyler Ryan1, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Thanks for the reply, Tyler.

As it seems to be your account is no longer secured and you were notified of verifying your identity. It looks like you have tried the recovery it through form and receive a response of not providing the correct information of your account.

If you are filling out this form: Recover your account (live.com). There is a bigger chance you will be able to recover your account just by providing as much details as you can remember in the form. You can submit two forms daily that verifies you the account owner and that you can access the email that was created for 10 years already. Should you remember any new information about the said account, it'll increase the chance of you regaining access of it.

We know you can recover it, have faith.

Regards,
  3. Tyler Ryan1 Win User

The error message is me getting an email saying sorry you’ve given us the wrong information to recover your account

Even though the information is correct. And it asks me to put in the info again and takes me back to square one
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Tyler,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to access your account and you were blocked to do so. I would like to inform you at the beginning that Microsoft account recovery is managed by a completely automated server, and we do not have manual access to it. For now, please allow me to do the best I can to help you with the process.

To ensure that we are on the same page, we would like to ask:

• What is the error message that you get when you sign into your account through this link: Microsoft account | Home? Please conceal your personal information like full name and email address.

Accessing the account requires your credentials (email + password) and security information (secondary email and phone number) for verification process.

• Can we ask how you were notified of blocked access of your account on across all platforms? Is it through email?

While we are waiting for your reply, we suggest you check the support articles below:

1. For account block error message: Account has been locked - Microsoft Support
    2. For account recovery filling out form: Help with the Microsoft account recovery form - Microsoft Support
    3. For reset password: Change your Microsoft account password - Microsoft Support

Account recovery is in your hands, we hope you will be able to access it back.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Tyler,

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate you have shared your situation to us.

To set your expectations, the account recovery is still based on the verification of the account ownership which only you can provide.

The following questions we have is to ensure that we can provide you the steps appropriate for the account scenario you are having.

• We are just curious, if you were to sign-in to your account, are you able to provide the correct password of it?
      • If you can access the account with password then, you may be able to secure it back by selecting I don't have any of these located at the bottom part of selections of security information.

• Can we see the exact error message you are getting? Please post a screenshot and conceal your personal information.
      • Are you getting a message like 30 days security info pending, you cannot access the site right now, and account is locked?

• Lastly, can we ask when was the last time you signed into this account?

If any case, you are unable to access your account through password and there is no error message you are getting. There is still a chance of getting the access of your account just by performing the final step - account recovery form.

Regards,

6. Kathy A. Win User

Thanks for the reply, Tyler.

Do you mind sharing a screenshot of the error message you are getting when trying to sign into your account?

Also, you have mentioned about authenticator app, was your account secured with authenticator app or it is now set up with authenticator app?

Regards,
Thema:

1. Blocked out of my own account won’t give me access back. - Similar Threads - Blocked own account

2. Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?: I'm receiving this same error code as well and it's for new friends not old ones. They are able to add me but I can't add them back. I have already reset my modem and Xbox to make sure it wasn't a...
  3. Blocking Xbox X (0x80a40020) For multiple account creation and deletion for how long is the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blocking Xbox X (0x80a40020) For multiple account creation and deletion for how long is the...: Console serial number 090189223117 cc7b311d-94ae-4693-8739-bf4e1a02fcd5
  4. Ip blocked

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ip blocked: I haven't been on my xbox in a couple of months. I got a new hub 5 from virgin media and it won't connect to the network. After phoning isp they said I have a block on my ip address how do I fix...
  5. Blocking a Xbox Friend’s chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Blocking a Xbox Friend’s chat: Hello, I run a YouTube channel and have been asked if I could be added as an Xbox Friend, however, due to personal privacy reasons, I’d like to know if there is a way to block chat whilst keeping...
  6. Block list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Block list: Hello guys, I just wanted to see the list of people that I blocked in my Xbox account, but the problem is that I do not have an Xbox, only the application, and I searched for the one I blocked and...
  7. Console blocking xbox appeal 0x80a40020

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console blocking xbox appeal 0x80a40020: ERROR 0x80a40020 Why is the Xbox console banned? There are rules that contradict themselves. What does it mean not to buy in other regions? where can I buy if my region is not available on Xbox?...
  8. Can underage players be blocked from each other permanently?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can underage players be blocked from each other permanently?: I'm a vice principal of a small school for students with behavioral needs. Recently a group of students has begun playing games online together and are using the chat and ability to talk to each...
  9. Why Does Gamepass block modify games I own?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Does Gamepass block modify games I own?: Why cant I install a Game I own to a drive and a folder of my choice, so I can modify the game I own? I want to play a game I own that has VR support but I cant cause Gamepass has the game I own...
  10. How do I block content for my own self?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I block content for my own self?: For personal reasons, I would like to block any and all access to mature content on my Xbox One X from my own self. How might I do this? Microsoft Edge can’t be deleted from the console (as far as...