Block player function not working

Discus and support Block player function not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve been receiving some hateful messages from this one person in particular(up to threatening my family) and he recently made an alternate account to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XRAY Elementz, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Block player function not working

I’ve been receiving some hateful messages from this one person in particular(up to threatening my family) and he recently made an alternate account to harass me more. I’ve blocked him on the new account after more messages, yet after a game I had with him
    again on Overwatch he still can message me. I checked again to see if I had the guy still blocked(on both accounts) and he was, yet was able to harass me yet again. Is there something I can do?

:)

XRAY Elementz, Mar 27, 2018
  2. oOUTSIDERo62
    oOUTSIDERo62 Guest
    Block/Report function not working.

Blocking somebody makes it LESS LIKELY that you will be matched with that player again. There are several reasons why you could still be matched with players you have avoided. They could have you on their recent players list and are finding you that way,
    you could have common friends, the multiplayer on the game may not have enough people to match you with somebody else and put them in to fill empty spots.

oOUTSIDERo62, Mar 27, 2018
  3. Block/Report function not working.

I thought that the whole purpose of "blocking" someone was to improve your gaming experience by not putting you into a game with that person. While playing Garden Warfare, I regularly block and report players who play objective game types wrong.
    I still end up in games with those players. If I go through the hassle of blocking them, I don't want them in a game with me... at all... neither side. I have no desire to sit in games with statpadders who do not spend any time in the objective, like
    they're supposed to.

MaxSterling-040173B0-370A-4CC6-B586-E6EA73874D66, Mar 27, 2018
  4. Block player function not working

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about this issue. We recommend continuing to report the messages as the come in and not responding to the individual. Sometimes the blocking mechanic acts a bit delayed. We recommend refreshing your profile by
    removing your profile and adding it again. This should help with this issue, we appreciate your patience on this issue.

Mister Taurus, Mar 29, 2018
  5. Mister Taurus Win User

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about this issue. We recommend continuing to report the messages as the come in and not responding to the individual. Sometimes the blocking mechanic acts a bit delayed. We recommend refreshing your profile by
    removing your profile and adding it again. This should help with this issue, we appreciate your patience on this issue.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Block Function is not working.

I tried to replicate this and searched online, but it seems we can't remove them from the followers list, the option just isn't there.

It might be possible to ask an XBOX Support Agent to do it for you, it is worth trying.

I kindly ask you to speak with the XBOX Staff.

Please enter this link:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  7. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

8. SparkTheFloof Win User

This has not been the case, Blocking People does remove followers but not the people I would like removed.

They are blocked and muted but I really don't wana see them in there.
  9. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Block/Report function not working.

Blocking somebody makes it LESS LIKELY that you will be matched with that player again. There are several reasons why you could still be matched with players you have avoided. They could have you on their recent players list and are finding you that way,
    you could have common friends, the multiplayer on the game may not have enough people to match you with somebody else and put them in to fill empty spots.
Thema:

1. Block player function not working - Similar Threads - Block player function

2. Can underage players be blocked from each other permanently?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can underage players be blocked from each other permanently?: I'm a vice principal of a small school for students with behavioral needs. Recently a group of students has begun playing games online together and are using the chat and ability to talk to each...
  3. Can I still end up playing with a blocked player if a party leader invites the person I blocked

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I still end up playing with a blocked player if a party leader invites the person I blocked: If I block a player and I’m in a friends party, can the player I blocked still join our party if my friend didn’t block the same Player? In other words can I still end up playing with a blocked...
  4. Some random player is inviting me in minecraft every time I play can I block the acount

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Some random player is inviting me in minecraft every time I play can I block the acount: Some random player is inviting me in minecraft every time I play can I block the acount b5042eb8-40fe-42c0-b181-47825fd79b7b
  5. Can a blocked player join an Xbox party I am currently a participant of?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can a blocked player join an Xbox party I am currently a participant of?: If I am in an Xbox party, can someone, whom I have previously blocked, join the party if the other participants have not blocked this person? Will they be able to join, but they are muted for me...
  6. Player can unblock himself, when I have him blocked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Player can unblock himself, when I have him blocked.: Hello, I don't really know who to contact about this, so I will leave it here. I beat a player in a game, and he messaged me the usual trash talk, so I blocked him, a couple hours later he...
  7. Blocking players on xbox live isn't working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blocking players on xbox live isn't working: When I attempt to block a player I go to the player's card, select "Report or block" and select "Block". I then exit out. The player showed up in matchmaking again. When I checked the player...
  8. Control over the actions of employees who make punitive decisions to block player accounts.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Control over the actions of employees who make punitive decisions to block player accounts.: Is Microsoft monitoring its employees, or are they just mad dogs drunk with the smell of blood and impunity? I'm talking about the employees of Bethezda and ZeniMax, which have now become part of...
  9. How do I fix a connection if it's say a player is block and can't join game session?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix a connection if it's say a player is block and can't join game session?: I had a friend that was block but now I'm friends again. COD is saying there still block. How do I fix this. 957d9990-7ab4-4413-abe1-a5a1f5e5a034
  10. Unable to block a certain player on Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to block a certain player on Xbox Live: Does anyone know why I am unable to block a certain player on Xbox Live from messaging me, every time I click block on his name it will immediately unblocking him on its own and he is able to...