Blank Screen. Cannot reset Xbox One display settings.

Discus and support Blank Screen. Cannot reset Xbox One display settings. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Story: I disconnected my Xbox One from my home TV, a 720p SANYO. So I tried connecting my Xbox One to a Toshiba that was also only 720p capable. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AdamKCardenas, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Blank Screen. Cannot reset Xbox One display settings.

Story: I disconnected my Xbox One from my home TV, a 720p SANYO. So I tried connecting my Xbox One to a Toshiba that was also only 720p capable. It wouldn't show up. I didn't give u. I performed the did the 640x480 trick but it still wouldn't show up. So
    I gave up.

I returned home. The 640x480 resolution showed up on my TV yet I could hardly read anything. I couldn't find the AUTO DETECT for source. I ended up clicking my source to HDMI. Now I can permanently see nothing.

I came to this forum not so much for a tutorial on how to fix my problem because I've already devised a solution. I do not want to lose any of my Xbox One data so a Factory Restore is against my ambition.

I came for a favor. I know my Xbox can still turn on and is active, therefore I know I can still access my menus, but I NEED to do it blind. I was wondering if someone could literally give me directions from COLD BOOT through to settings, and to resolution,
    all the way to the auto-detect button.

Please and thank you. I know this is a ridiculous request.

Side notes:

I have the latest Xbox One Update. I assure you. 4/09/2016.

Straight forward enough, use the D-PAD, and only use the cardinal directions (up, down, left, right)- that way the directions are uniform and simple to follow.

I went through YOUTUBE but none of the videos are of the modern dashboard. And every video I found was not COLD BOOT friendly. I have no idea where my Xbox One cursor starts, and most people just start their Youtube video well into their menus.

I am aware of another user: "640x480 which my tv didn't support. To change the settings I had to use an older tv that supported 640x480 and changed it back to 1080p. Placed the HDMI into my TV and it was running as normal." However, I do not have access
    to a single TV that supports 640x480.

:)

AdamKCardenas, Apr 8, 2016
  2. UndutifulCar241, Apr 8, 2016
  3. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    gds1972, Apr 8, 2016
  4. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest

Hi

using the dpad this may work, it depends on where xbox menu is at to be honest but assuming everything has been reset.

left once

down 5 times

left once

press A

down 6 times

right once

press A

down once

press A

now the auto detect is the top option so you may need to press up twice depending on which option is already highlighted so that may take a few tries.

Have you tried the eject/power button reset again as that should reset things back to something that will at least get you a display.

EggsBoxJuan, Apr 8, 2016
  5. I attempted to do the Eject/Power button reset again but it has resulted in no changes.

AdamKCardenas, Apr 8, 2016
  6. Princess8607
    Princess8607 Guest
    did the steps above fix your issue?

Princess8607, Apr 10, 2016
  7. I tried the button pattern 10 or 11 times. Ultimate I went down to the local TV repair shop an asked if I could hook up my Xbox to a smart TV. I ended up being able to change my settings after about the 3rd TV. Gotta love Sony.

I'd like to warn people about my situation, avoid booting up in this format at all costs.

Anyhow I'd like to say thank you.

AdamKCardenas, Apr 10, 2016
  8. Princess8607
    Princess8607 Guest

did u get the issue resolved or no???

Princess8607, Aug 10, 2016
  9. Edit:

I tried the button pattern 10 or 11 times. Finally I just decided to go to the local TV repair shop and I asked the manager if I could hook up my Xbox to one of his smart TVs. I ended up being able to change my settings after about the 3rd TV. My Xbox actually
    showed up on the screen. Gotta love Sony.

I'd like to warn people about this problem, and I hope we all can learn from my situation.

Avoid booting up in this format at all costs. Anyhow I'd like to thank Eggsbox.

TL;DR I got my problem solved- none of the TVs in my house would display the low res format. So I traveled to a TV repair store. I have since been playing too many videogames.

AdamKCardenas, Aug 29, 2016
  10. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Glad to hear you were able to find a way to fix the issue, CheezitKid90712! Even if it was a rather creative option. Blank Screen. Cannot reset Xbox One display settings. :)

If at any point you find yourself in need of further support issues, feel free to post a new thread detailing the issue so the community can best assist. Blank Screen. Cannot reset Xbox One display settings. :)

Enjoy!

Miss Bijoux, Oct 31, 2018
  11. AdamKCardenas Win User

I attempted to do the Eject/Power button reset again but it has resulted in no changes.
  12. Miss Bijoux Win User

Glad to hear you were able to find a way to fix the issue, CheezitKid90712! Even if it was a rather creative option. :)

If at any point you find yourself in need of further support issues, feel free to post a new thread detailing the issue so the community can best assist. :)

Enjoy!
  13. AdamKCardenas Win User

Edit:

I tried the button pattern 10 or 11 times. Finally I just decided to go to the local TV repair shop and I asked the manager if I could hook up my Xbox to one of his smart TVs. I ended up being able to change my settings after about the 3rd TV. My Xbox actually
    showed up on the screen. Gotta love Sony.

I'd like to warn people about this problem, and I hope we all can learn from my situation.

Avoid booting up in this format at all costs. Anyhow I'd like to thank Eggsbox.

TL;DR I got my problem solved- none of the TVs in my house would display the low res format. So I traveled to a TV repair store. I have since been playing too many videogames.
  14. Princess8607 Win User

did u get the issue resolved or no???
  15. Princess8607 Win User

did the steps above fix your issue?
Thema:

1. Blank Screen. Cannot reset Xbox One display settings. - Similar Threads - Blank Screen Cannot

2. Xbox One X with blank screen on start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X with blank screen on start up: 3 days ago after absolutely no issues, my son started up his xbox one and got a blank screen. We changed out the HDMI cable but nothing happened. We tried all 3 HDMI ports on the tv. We then...
  3. xbox one s dev mode loop blank screen

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one s dev mode loop blank screen: Hi I activated dev mode on my xbox one s but it started turning on and off on its own giving me only a black screen. What can I do to get out of this loop? And why doesn't dev mode activate?...
  4. Blank Screen after Xbox Logo (Cloud Gaming)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blank Screen after Xbox Logo (Cloud Gaming): Hi, I have an issue after launching the game I always get a blank screen after the Xbox Logo and it kicked me back to home screen. But a weird thing is that if I'm using a VPN it can load the game...
  5. Xbox won't restore display setting just stays blank screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't restore display setting just stays blank screen: My Xbox series x stays blank screen I have tried the power down and power up holding eject and power for 20 seconds but the screen just stays black 30623de8-8b64-43e1-bd84-53ae15ad964e
  6. i have a blank screen on defender i downloaded ocean of games gta and turn off defender...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have a blank screen on defender i downloaded ocean of games gta and turn off defender...: help plsss *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 0e68efce-9caf-4d52-a787-430259d2d384
  7. Get a blank white screen when signing in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Get a blank white screen when signing in: As soon as I sign in I get a blank white screen. I’ve tried hard reset and soft. I’ve tried removing my account and re entering it nothing works I really don’t want to lose all my memory please...
  8. My console has turned red and the screen is blank

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console has turned red and the screen is blank: My console has turned red and the screen is blank 4c6e4d91-9c27-45bc-917e-4879872296bc
  9. Xbox1 s turn it on switches to correcr hdmi port but blank screen used new cables but still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox1 s turn it on switches to correcr hdmi port but blank screen used new cables but still...: Powers up connects to tv hdmi but no screen tried different hdmi cable same issue 5c048e54-f1b6-465c-91aa-62f632199078
  10. 0x87b20c08 - Blank screen - Xbox One still plays games, but cannot get to home screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    0x87b20c08 - Blank screen - Xbox One still plays games, but cannot get to home screen.: When I turn on my Xbox One, it gives me the normal splash screen, but then goes to a blank screen afterwards. It logs into my account but never drops me off at the home screen. Additionally,...