Blank screen after start up

Discus and support Blank screen after start up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I turned on my Xbox but instead of showing me the home screen it just gave me a black screen that kept flickering with the Xbox store icon. I pressed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ThatOneGuyTwice, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Blank screen after start up

I turned on my Xbox but instead of showing me the home screen it just gave me a black screen that kept flickering with the Xbox store icon. I pressed the home button and an error message appeared with the error code 0x80070490. I looked it up but it had
    nothing to do with my issue. I couldn't even do anything that it recommend since I can't go to the settings. I tried shutting it off by holding down the power button like the troubleshooting page said.W hen I turned the Xbox back on it showed the green loading
    screen but then went blank again, only without the Xbox store icon. Everytime I press the home button I just get spammed with the same error message. It still shows notifications from friends at the bottom of the screen and my Gamertag when it boots up so
    I know it has nothing to do with the display. I tried booting it on low resolution mode but now I just have the same problem only with fewer pixels.

If anyone knows what's going on I could really do with some help.

:)

ThatOneGuyTwice, Jul 15, 2017
  2. xbox 360 slim not booting up

after the last update my xbox 360 slim(gears of war limited edition) isnt booting up after start up i just get blank screen help please.

AbroadI M ROCK, Jul 15, 2017
  3. Princess8607
    Princess8607 Guest
    Princess8607, Jul 15, 2017
  4. CarstenE
    CarstenE Guest

Hey ThatOneGuyTwice,

Try the following steps:

- Power off your console

- Unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.

- Press and hold the BIND button (Xbox One: located on the left side of the console, Xbox One S: located on the front below the power button) and the EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

- On the Troubleshooter select "Reset" and when asked select the option to "Keep your Games and Apps".

Make sure you know your Email / Password combination of your Account before doing that.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

- lg 2Bad4You

CarstenE, Jul 16, 2017
  5. CarstenE Win User

Hey ThatOneGuyTwice,

Try the following steps:

- Power off your console

- Unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.

- Press and hold the BIND button (Xbox One: located on the left side of the console, Xbox One S: located on the front below the power button) and the EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

- On the Troubleshooter select "Reset" and when asked select the option to "Keep your Games and Apps".

Make sure you know your Email / Password combination of your Account before doing that.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

- lg 2Bad4You
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

7. Princess8607 Win User

I keep getting a blank screen after start up

8. ShazaamKidd Win User

Test drive unlimited 2

It fails for me as well, It loads up a blank screen after starting the game. Even form the support agents their reboot efforts fail and the only soloution is refunding. :/
  9. MLB FR3AK Win User

Xbox One Blank Screen

Update: After waiting 30 mins on the blank screen it turned on and went to the setup screen. After setting the time zone I started to calibrate the kinect and during sound test it just went blank again. No audio, no nothing
Thema:

1. Blank screen after start up - Similar Threads - Blank screen start

2. Xbox One X with blank screen on start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X with blank screen on start up: 3 days ago after absolutely no issues, my son started up his xbox one and got a blank screen. We changed out the HDMI cable but nothing happened. We tried all 3 HDMI ports on the tv. We then...
  3. When on x box one certain games the games start but then the screen goes blank and takes me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When on x box one certain games the games start but then the screen goes blank and takes me...: When on x box one certain games the games start but then the screen goes blank and takes me back to the home page. 9d38fbc0-3c5c-4827-86a5-368a1972e146
  4. Xbox one S blank screen on start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S blank screen on start up: My Xbox crashed in the middle of a game and I had to reset it. Now when I try to turn it on the display just stays blank. I have tried following troubleshooting guidelines in the forums (checked...
  5. Blank screen after start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blank screen after start up: After trying to turn on my xbox, all i'm getting is a blank grey screen, it changes to a darker grey when i try and get up the dashboard. I have tried power cycling the console and the same thing...
  6. Boot up issues. Black/blank screen upon start up.

in XboX Insiders
    Boot up issues. Black/blank screen upon start up.: I've had a few occasions since the latest patch, powering the system on only shows the Hi Notification but the screen remains blank/black. No controller inputs seem to work besides one that I'll...
  7. XboxOneX Blank Screen / unable to log in / Games won't start

in XBoX on Consoles
    XboxOneX Blank Screen / unable to log in / Games won't start: At least once a day i encounter anyone of the following problems when i start the console up, a black screen (Hard Reset to fix), Can't log into my profile (Hard Reset to fix) or games just don't...
  8. Game downloaded but won't start Screen just goes blank Help !!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game downloaded but won't start Screen just goes blank Help !!!: Have deleted games - plenty of storage. Very annoying, my little boy had to wait for 24 hours for it to download and is disappointed yet again. Help ! 99d25fb4-e146-4d53-9fd0-f21f3468ed0f
  9. I keep getting a blank screen after start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting a blank screen after start up: My Xbox starts up as normal but after the green logo screen it just goes blank and the only thing I can pull up is the turn console off menu nothing else will appear. Need some help...
  10. Blank screen and no audio when I start up my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blank screen and no audio when I start up my console: I was visiting a friends this weekend a brought my Xbox One with me. Upon returning home, and reconnecting it to my usual TV, my TV is displaying a "No Signal" message on my usual HDMI input. I...