Black square on left side of the screen while playing

Discus and support Black square on left side of the screen while playing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After the latest update of Forza Horizon 5, a black square appears on the left side of the game. When I left click with the mouse it becomes white for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheRoberto2512, Nov 20, 2022.

1. Black square on left side of the screen while playing

After the latest update of Forza Horizon 5, a black square appears on the left side of the game. When I left click with the mouse it becomes white for a second, then it returns black. I'm playing from PC (xbox gamepass, not Steam).

This square appears even with other xbox games, like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 ... how can I remove it?

I tried to play with the cloud gaming and it doesn't appear, same thing for every game from other launchers.

PC Information:

- Windows 11 Pro (21H2)

- Xbox Gamepass Ultimate

Screenshot of the black square:

Black square on left side of the screen while playing [​IMG]

:)

TheRoberto2512, Nov 20, 2022
  2. CharlyGr Win User

To solve the issue, you have to unchecked the option flash reflex in performance monitoring. And It's done
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this THEROBERTO2512

Let’s try to isolate the issue a bit more, for this please try:

A. Double check if everything is up to date in your system

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update
    Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Then, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too. (Click on get updates)

B. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily
    Restart the PC and try again

C. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

D. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...
  4. TheRoberto2512 Win User

Where is this located?
    Open the GeForce Experience Overlay, then go to Settings > Performance Monitoring and uncheck the option "flash Reflex"
  5. SwRxOwnage Win User

What is the Button on the Left Side of The One, next to Disc Entry?

It's the controller sync button like the one that was on 360, the black square button beside the usb ports, so if you wanted to connect a new controller you would press that and at the same time the button on the left side of the Xbox guide button, hope
    this helps
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Xbox one wont load

Is it just a black screen that you get? Not sure if it's the same issue, but I get this sometimes as well. The way that I get around it is that it will still let me press the Home button on the controller, which will bring up the side bar menu on the left
    side of the screen, over the black screen. I'll then select Home from the menu, and it will freshly load the Home screen on the Xbox and there is no more black screen. Hopefully that works for you as well.
Thema:

1. Black square on left side of the screen while playing - Similar Threads - Black square left

2. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  3. Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq: I have got Xbox game pass ultimate and I want to download call of duty black ops 6 when it releases can I get it on game pass on its own without getting call of duty hq is there anyway when black...
  4. I'm having an issue with black ops cold war

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having an issue with black ops cold war: [img] Hello i am having an issue starting up cod black ops cold war it doesnt even let me load into the main menu [img] ill send photos, it tells me i need xbox live. Please help me with this...
  5. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  6. Anyway to fix my black screen of death?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyway to fix my black screen of death?: My Xbox One will start and load the green logo but just sits on a black screen after that. It will open the three turn off options when I hold the Xbox button on the controller. It also pops up a...
  7. can i download call of duty black ops 6 and hq on microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    can i download call of duty black ops 6 and hq on microsoft store: i have the game pass ultimate on pc and i just pre installed the call of duty black ops 6 game but it is only 10mb and i was thinking how do i download the call of duty hq app on microsoft store...
  8. Modern warfare 3 & black ops 6 installation issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Modern warfare 3 & black ops 6 installation issues: I was looking at black ops 6 in the gamepass and it said "manage game with gamepass" so I clicked on it and installed modern warfare 3 and the 1 black ops 6 pack for free but when i open the game...
  9. Black ops 2 season pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black ops 2 season pass: I can't access my dlc stuff even though I have my season pass because I'm suspended and can't go on Xbox live 70145df1-d64d-4949-b0f0-38ae4bddb485
  10. Black Squares

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black Squares: Hi, I have problem with Black squares in borderlands 3. I Play on Xbox series X, anyone can help me fix this? 571e790a-4a1e-4b54-91e2-73d2581cad06