Black screen trying to play HDR videos on YouTube.

Discus and support Black screen trying to play HDR videos on YouTube. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Today 31/12/2023 I have noticed that HDR content on YouTube will not work for me at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app I've tried... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/henry3786, Dec 31, 2023.

1. /u/henry3786
    /u/henry3786 Guest

Today 31/12/2023 I have noticed that HDR content on YouTube will not work for me at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app I've tried the beta app I've even hard restarted it to no prevail.

I am not sure if this is too do with the beta or Google's shoddy app, but it's becoming annoying.

submitted by /u/henry3786
    [link] [comments]

/u/henry3786, Dec 31, 2023
  2. UZSZ1980 Win User

4k HDR Clips Uploaded To Youtube Lose Color

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7126552?hl=en

On the link you can find the description how it should work.

"

Upload High Dynamic Range (HDR) videos

You can upload High Dynamic Range (HDR) video content to YouTube. HDR videos show higher contrast and more colors than standard digital video.

Viewers can watch HDR videos on compatible mobile devices and HDR TVs. They can also stream HDR videos using Chromecast Ultra to an HDR TV. Viewers can confirm HDR playback when a video is played if they see an "HDR" badge on the playback controls or in
    the quality menu.

Viewers watching on non-HDR devices will see the video as a standard dynamic range (SDR) video.

Upload HDR videos
    HDR videos must have HDR metadata in the codec or container to be played back properly on YouTube. The most reliable way to properly record the metadata is to https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7126552?hl=en#davinci_resolve.

If you use a workflow for color grading that doesn't export standard HDR metadata, then you can use the https://github.com/youtubehdr/hdr_metadata to add HDR metadata to a video. This
    tool will only work correctly if your video was graded using an HDR transfer function.

Note: If you aren't sure if your video was graded using an HDR transfer function, using this tool will badly distort your videos. Many things that have "HDR" in the title were not graded with an HDR transfer function, and
    this tool will not work on those videos. If you did not grade your own content in HDR, or don't know what it means to color grade a video, you should not use the YouTube HDR metadata tool.
    If you are grading your video, take care to grade in Rec. 2020 with PQ or HLG. Using a different configuration, including DCI P3, will produce incorrect results.

Once a video has been properly marked as HDR, uploading it follows the same process as a normal video upload. YouTube will detect the HDR metadata and process it, producing HDR transcodes for HDR devices and an SDR downconversion for other devices.

Note: HDR videos currently can't be edited with YouTube Web editor.

HDR video requirements
    Once you upload a video, YouTube supports all resolutions and will auto-convert HDR video to SDR videos when necessary.

"
  3. Derrick0580 Win User

One S connected to soundbar for atmos, screen flashes

This is EXACTLY how my system is set up. Sound is working perfectly but the video is flashing. Not a constant flash but mainly a black screen then as if the HDR mode keeps resetting, the banner in the upper right corner of the screen signifying hdr has
    initialized will get brighter, image that should be showing on screen will appear for a split second and then back to black screen all while the atmos sound never waivers.
  4. morswinn Win User

Xbox Series X Turned off and on by itself

Only on YouTube. Randomly when watching videos. Black screen for a while, and the booting screen shows up.
  5. Stenli004sten Win User

Series X 4K HDR video upload to YouTube failed (even from my PC video doesn't match Youtube requirements)

Ihave the same problem if i record 4K HDR video on xbox series x to my HDD and then try to upload on youtube :

Processing abandoned

The video could not be processed

4K SRD works but its have more black screen :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyspsmo4-xI

I hope they patch this in furture .

Can you foward this threat to the peoples who solving this ? pls

I need to know its problem to be patched or its problem in consoles and need to be replace ( damage console ) this is kinda big problem .
  6. f r u 7 7 y Win User

Xbox One X \ HDR DVR Videos \ YouTube Friendly

unfortunately this is a youtube problem i would try and contact them
    This is not true, the problem here is not with YouTube.

I have 5 sources of HDR videos, all which work just fine with YouTube, except for Xbox One X DVR.

The problem is with the substandard way Xbox encodes and describes HDR metadata in the produced MP4 file. And this should be fixed.
Thema:

1. Black screen trying to play HDR videos on YouTube. - Similar Threads - Black screen trying

2. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  3. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  4. Why when ever i try to use my xbox series s it’s a black screen so i try to reset the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when ever i try to use my xbox series s it’s a black screen so i try to reset the...: Reseting resolution doesnt do anything on my xbox series s de8ff0eb-fe74-4afb-a346-2d6479e00dc2
  5. Hi, my pc app doesnt go past the xbox logo on the black screen, i've tried updating my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, my pc app doesnt go past the xbox logo on the black screen, i've tried updating my...: Hi, my pc app doesn't go past the xbox logo on the black screen when i start it, I've tried updating my computer and switching it on/off and it still hasn't worked, it just stays open for abit...
  6. My son got the black screen of death today he tried going to factory reset but when he...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son got the black screen of death today he tried going to factory reset but when he...: My son got the black screen of death on his Xbox one s 67c4f855-7abe-450b-9aa2-44fc5231f2c4
  7. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  8. Every time I try and play black ops 3 I am stoped while loading on by a screen that is just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I try and play black ops 3 I am stoped while loading on by a screen that is just...: Every time I try and play black ops 3 I am stoped while loading on by a screen that is just stuck in saying “connecting to online service” Anybody know how to fix this?...
  9. Xbox one X black screen when I try to turn on the console, error messages of E106 OR E102

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X black screen when I try to turn on the console, error messages of E106 OR E102: My Xbox one X was working just fine, but then in crashed during a game. I force the xbox one x off. Then when i try to turn it on, all I get is a black screen. I tried to factory reset the...
  10. Tried running a game from xcloud on my pc, the screen went black and it lost connection to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tried running a game from xcloud on my pc, the screen went black and it lost connection to...: I tried hard resetting several times, changing the hdmi ports/cables nothing works. Now my pc no longer connects to anything!!! My pc cost me $2000 HELP??!! 26e19f87-ded9-4284-a233-36f09ddbaf50