Black Screen Only In Game While Using Snap Feauture

Discus and support Black Screen Only In Game While Using Snap Feauture in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; An update waa downloaded and applied to my Xbox One console today after my not playing Xbox One since January of 2015. I only experience this "Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JuAn GoT eM, Oct 11, 2015.

1. JuAn GoT eM
    JuAn GoT eM Guest

An update waa downloaded and applied to my Xbox One console today after my not playing Xbox One since January of 2015.

I only experience this "Xbox One black screen" while in game using the snap feature. If I snap anything while in game, the game screen turns black, but I can still hear the game's audio. I can still control the game's functions if I snap back to the game,
    but I cannot see the video. Upon unsnapping, the game's video returns. This is especially frustrating because I stream regularly, and require the snapped chat screen of Twitch to interact with viewers.

I have followed all troubleshooting procedures in regards to this issue. I've held the power button for ten seconds, waited for the white light on the power supply to turn orange before restarting, I've disconnected all cables and waited over 10 minutes
    before replugging and starting.

I tested this issue with different games, and it happens with any game I'm playing. I do not experience the black screen issue any time other than when using the snap feature while in game. I'm trying to resolve this issue, and I have not been able to.

:)

JuAn GoT eM, Oct 11, 2015
  2. Puppy eG
    Puppy eG Guest
    snapping an app sucks

i only snap 2 apps, twitch and game dvr. Now when i snap them my whole screen goes black. How can i fix this

Puppy eG, Oct 11, 2015
  3. Unkwnpharoah
    Unkwnpharoah Guest
    Snap tv while playing a game?

So, can you snap to tv and watch whatever on your tv while you are playing games? If you can, how do you switch between snap and the game screen? It looks like I can only control the snap screen when it's open.

Unkwnpharoah, Oct 11, 2015
  4. DENAz666
    DENAz666 Guest

Hey mate,

Are you in the preview program by chance?

If so, please head over to the follow forum and post the issue there:
    forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

If you can't access that forum, and you are part of the preview program, please let us know and we'll get your access Black Screen Only In Game While Using Snap Feauture :)

If you are not part of teh program, please let us know and we'll take it from there Black Screen Only In Game While Using Snap Feauture :)

Cheers

Denaz

DENAz666, Oct 11, 2015
  5. JuAn GoT eM
    JuAn GoT eM Guest
    I'm unsure if I'm part of the preview program. When I click your link via iPhone, it says group not found. I appreciate your response, what do you recommend?

JuAn GoT eM, Oct 11, 2015
  6. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Hey JuAn GoT eM!

You should have access to the
    Xbox One Update Preview forums now. Click on that link and if you're still having trouble create a new thread and let us know Black Screen Only In Game While Using Snap Feauture :)

Mister Maka, Oct 31, 2018
  7. JuAn GoT eM Win User

I'm unsure if I'm part of the preview program. When I click your link via iPhone, it says group not found. I appreciate your response, what do you recommend?
  8. DENAz666 Win User

Hey mate,

Are you in the preview program by chance?

If so, please head over to the follow forum and post the issue there:
    forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

If you can't access that forum, and you are part of the preview program, please let us know and we'll get your access :)

If you are not part of teh program, please let us know and we'll take it from there :)

Cheers

Denaz
  9. Mister Maka Win User

Hey JuAn GoT eM!

You should have access to the
    Xbox One Update Preview forums now. Click on that link and if you're still having trouble create a new thread and let us know :)
  10. BeardMiller Win User

Xbox one automatic clip record issue

Shoot. You don't have kinect. DUH me! If you go the the xbox home screen and snap game DVR. You can do it that way. Use the middle xbox button to switch between screens while you have it snapped.
  11. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox Snap

The problem with the SNAP feature was that it only really worked in the US of A, for many many other countries around the work the SNAP feature didnt really work as

promised. The reason was all down to the frequency that US TV is transmitted at, in the US its transmitted at 29.9 fps, while in the UK and many other countries its 25 fps.

This by itself is fine, but when you SNAP live TV on a screen that is displaying a 60fps game (or even the dashboard) with a screen that is only displayed at 25fps, they SNAP screen starts to look weird.

Basically it is adding frames where there should be, so the live TV starts to stutter.

It was also removed because the feature wasnt being used by many people, I appreciate that you did use it, but for the vast majority of people they prefered

having a games system that had as much power as possible purely for games, because if you didnt know even if you werent using the SNAP feature, the system had to allocate some reasources to it, thus giving less resources to the developer for their games.
Thema:

1. Black Screen Only In Game While Using Snap Feauture - Similar Threads - Black Screen Game

2. My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...: I cannot play any games cus my xbox goes fullly black after starting it it is ig called the screen of death or sum all it says is welcome then goes dim. Help. 112872b3-9401-437b-bc00-910087e4b0bd
  3. why is my Pc screen going black when i play high intensive games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my Pc screen going black when i play high intensive games?: Hello So I've been frustrated for the couple of weeks because I've been trying to fix my gpu from crashing. I've updated the drivers, I've taken out my gpu out of the socket and put it back in,...
  4. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  5. Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games: Hey everyone, I've been wrestling with a frustrating issue for over two weeks now, and despite my efforts, I can't seem to find a solution. Here's the lowdown: I recently purchased a new monitor...
  6. Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds: I have an Xbox Series S and I am playing Borderlands 3. I have been playing this game for years without this issue. I do not recall doing any updates recently, but I know everything is up to do...
  7. Why do I keep getting a black screen every couple of seconds when I load up an Xbox game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting a black screen every couple of seconds when I load up an Xbox game?: So I just started playing a new game on my Xbox, which works perfectly fine when I play it on my TV or another monitor, but for some reason when I load up a game on this monitor via my Xbox I keep...
  8. While Playing on either xbox or remote play, game freezes and shows a black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    While Playing on either xbox or remote play, game freezes and shows a black screen: tried hard reset, hdmi port and cable change, network port change, resolution change(essentially all fixes I could have found) and nothing has changes. Today it has happened twice in the span of 5...
  9. How to fix a game that shows black screens when loading??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix a game that shows black screens when loading??: I had my Xbox one ever since 2019 on Christmas day and now I see that the game I just bought was working at first now it’s not it was resident evil village it would turn to a black screen and stay...
  10. xbox game bar screen recording black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox game bar screen recording black screen: i discovered the xbox game bar screen recording option recently. at first, it’s working just fine. however, i decided to use it again just a few days ago to record my entire work flow for almost 2...