Black screen of death won't go away no matter what

Discus and support Black screen of death won't go away no matter what in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, this has been going on for about a day or two now where when I boot up the console it just gives a black screen. The remote is unresponsive as well... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ialla Cisneros, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Black screen of death won't go away no matter what

So, this has been going on for about a day or two now where when I boot up the console it just gives a black screen. The remote is unresponsive as well as the Xbox when I try to use remote play. Everything online so far has said to hard reset or power cycle and I've done it near 50 times now with no fix. If there's anything that could help fix this without sending it in it would be really appreciated, but if not I'm gonna have to take it to get it checked. This all happened after factory resetting with keeping my apps and games because my Xbox One has always ran slow and always had issues with staying on, and not freezing up every 5 minutes.

:)

Ialla Cisneros, Mar 16, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Lalla! Thank you for the update.
    I'm sorry to hear that didn't work for you.

Unfortunately, troubleshooting methods for this kind of problem are very limited. If the factory reset on the troubleshooting menu failed to go through, the only other method left to try would be the offline system update/reset I mentioned before.

I have to say that, considering the information you shared with me and the methods you've tried so far, it's likely your console will need to be serviced. Microsoft no longer repairs Xbox One consoles, as they have been discontinued for quite some time now, so in this case, I'm afraid you'd need to use a third-party service. I'm sorry, Lalla.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be more than happy to help.
    Best regards.
  3. Ialla Cisneros Win User

It did not work, but unfortunately I do not own a USB flash drive.
  4. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Ialla! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

- May I ask which Xbox One model you are using?
    - Do you see "No signal" while your console is on the black screen?
    - Does it shut down on its own shortly after giving you the black screen?
    - Do you have any external devices plugged into your console?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  5. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Ialla! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

- May I ask which Xbox One model you are using?
    - Do you see "No signal" while your console is on the black screen?
    - Does it shut down on its own shortly after giving you the black screen?
    - Do you have any external devices plugged into your console?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  6. Ialla Cisneros Win User

Yes! It did show the trouble shoot screen. I'll get back to you if it actually works (I'm hoping it does) since it only did this after factory resetting the first time.

Small edit; I tried to completely wipe it, but now it's frozen on the trouble shooting screen. I'll have to re-try.
Thema:

1. Black screen of death won't go away no matter what - Similar Threads - Black screen death

2. Anyway to fix my black screen of death?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyway to fix my black screen of death?: My Xbox One will start and load the green logo but just sits on a black screen after that. It will open the three turn off options when I hold the Xbox button on the controller. It also pops up a...
  3. Constant black screen of death

in XBoX on Windows
    Constant black screen of death: I keep fixing the black screen of death but after i turn my xbox one off and turn it back on, i just get the black screen of death and my games wont work when i actually fix the black screen, can...
  4. Black Screen of Death.

in XBoX on Windows
    Black Screen of Death.: My Xbox One S (never been damaged) randomly got the black screen of death, I did try the Eject and Connect button thing and got the screen of Continue, Reset etc but my controller simply won't...
  5. My XBOX ONE Has a black screen of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX ONE Has a black screen of death: I recently bought this xbox knowing it was messed up, knowing the issue and knowing the usual fix. However, i tried fixing it and its no longer working. is there a new fix for this? (i power on...
  6. Black screen of death on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen of death on Xbox one: Hi I have now came across the black screen of death on my Xbox one, have tried power off and on suggestions, switched to a new HDMI cable, have now even had the HDMI port with a physical check,...
  7. I have a Xbox One X with the "black screen of death"

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox One X with the "black screen of death": The console was normal until we disconected it from the power plug (it was off) and then when we tried to turn on again, no video. I've already tried to change the HDMI cable and the power cable....
  8. Can I send my Xbox one s in to Microsoft because it is on the black screen of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I send my Xbox one s in to Microsoft because it is on the black screen of death: My Xbox one s only goes to the black screen of death 5315bb4b-1f58-400a-8041-c4592c08ba60
  9. My son got the black screen of death today he tried going to factory reset but when he...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son got the black screen of death today he tried going to factory reset but when he...: My son got the black screen of death on his Xbox one s 67c4f855-7abe-450b-9aa2-44fc5231f2c4
  10. I got the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH AND I CANT EVEN SIGN IN TO MY ACCOUNT

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH AND I CANT EVEN SIGN IN TO MY ACCOUNT: I got the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH on my xbox one s and I gave it to the repair shop.After i got my xbox I FORGOT MY PASSWORD so i clicked the option FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD and they asked my...