Black screen of death! My Xbox One keeps losing video signal.

Discus and support Black screen of death! My Xbox One keeps losing video signal. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I keep having to reboot my Xbox One in order to get video back to the tv. I can still hear the audio coming thru but NO VIDEO. I've had to do this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by todd1010, Feb 23, 2014.

1. todd1010
    todd1010 Guest

I keep having to reboot my Xbox One in order to get video back to the tv. I can still hear the audio coming thru but NO VIDEO.

I've had to do this several times a day and not sure if its an issue with my Xbox or cables.

Ideas?

:)

todd1010, Feb 23, 2014
  2. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Xbox one keeps losing video signal

Hi ExactablePuppy4,

Sorry you're having issues with your display cutting out. The first thing I would suggest you try is another HDMI cable to see if the issue persists. If it does, then I would suggest trying a different port on your TV. If those do not fix it, then
    go to your display settings, and change the resolution from "Autodetect" to the one that best matches your TV resolution. If it still happens after that, then try a different TV. That would tell you if it's a TV or Xbox issue.

Hordie, Feb 23, 2014
  3. Xbox one keeps losing video signal

My Xbox One has been losing the video display lately. The sound still comes as if it's running, but the video is blank. It's been happening even more lately and it seems like it happens every time there is a "change" in the display. Things like loading new
    areas in games, change of scenes in Netflix and even a new Youtube video seem to trigger the blank screen. I've read online that it was a bug, but those discussions are from last year. I'm not sure why it's happening. The video returns to normal when I turn
    off the TV and turn it back on, but it's annoying to do that every time a new scene starts.

ExactablePuppy4, Feb 23, 2014
  4. BusGod
    BusGod Guest

Seems to be related to the Feb dashboard update. Lots of users with same issue. I have seen a few posts from the MS team saying they are aware of it.

I figure it will be fixed on the March 4 patch.

Until then reboot, or change your console from Instant on to energy saving mode.

support.xbox.com/.../change-power-settings

BusGod, Feb 23, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: