black screen & home screen lock out

Discus and support black screen & home screen lock out in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have noticed on the last few boot ups when starting the game that when the respawn logo should appear the game has black screened. When it does this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Flame1978, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Flame1978
    Flame1978 Guest

I have noticed on the last few boot ups when starting the game that when the respawn logo should appear the game has black screened.

When it does this i have to return to the home screen and close the app & restart.

Also when closing the party app by pressing the guide button & unsnapping the party the game has locked me out from returning ( usually on game timer countdown below 10secs). the game continues windowed yet no control is given.

Has anyone else experienced this??

:)

Flame1978, Apr 19, 2014
  2. kelseyville
    kelseyville Guest
    iPod touch 5 Notification Center help

It will let swip up on the home screen to look at my notifications but it will on the lock screen PLEASE HELP ME IDK WHAT TO DO

kelseyville, Apr 19, 2014
  3. Black screen on Home screen

My xbox one boots, then I get a black screen. Odd thing is that I can double click to the X on the controller and select an account, logon etc, I can also select reboot console and shutdown console but if I select settings i get a black screen, the home
    screen is always black. I have removed the power for the xbox, left for 10secs and turned back on but the behaviour continues.

ChoppyThunder81, Apr 19, 2014
  4. Jab73 Win User

Black screen on Home screen

I don't know if this will be helpful for anyone but I went through all of the methods to get my screen back to no avail. After months and months of the black screen of death, the problem seemed to be, at times, related to my television. I changed the setting
    in my television menu to turn off the "video noise reduction" setting and the "dynamic light control" (DLC) setting. So far this seems to have eliminated the black screen issue. I suspect it was my noise reduction setting that was reading something from the
    Xbox One as "noise" and blocked video content. I hope this helps at least some people with this problem.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Black screen on Home screen

This issue often is caused by corrupted data in the console which prevents the home screen from loading correctly, this can often be fixed by a factory restore. Now as you can't actually access the settings to do this there is a way to restore to factory
    defaults using a USB flash drive.

If you visit the offline system diagnostic support page you can download the Restore Factory Defaults file:

support.xbox.com/.../offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

Read through the process of formatting the flash drive etc thoroughly and follow the instructions as if you were doing a system update but using the file you downloaded you may find that your console will then boot correctly.

Hope this helps you!
  6. lzyazn Win User

Latest update seems to have renedered my console useless. Any suggestions.

This exact problem happened to me. I just updated and boom just black screen instead of home screen. I click report a problem and it goes to open the app then black screen. I put in a disk and loads up the game screen and then black screen.
  7. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Xbox one wont load

Is it just a black screen that you get? Not sure if it's the same issue, but I get this sometimes as well. The way that I get around it is that it will still let me press the Home button on the controller, which will bring up the side bar menu on the left
    side of the screen, over the black screen. I'll then select Home from the menu, and it will freshly load the Home screen on the Xbox and there is no more black screen. Hopefully that works for you as well.
  8. TenThrower20124 Win User

Fifa 20 does not start on Xbox one

No message, no error, nothing. After language selection, black screen and then home screen.
Thema:

1. black screen & home screen lock out - Similar Threads - black screen home

2. Is anyone elses youtube app turning black and going back to the xbox home screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Is anyone elses youtube app turning black and going back to the xbox home screen: Youtube app keeps crashing de16a5f1-9a99-4ee8-927a-be1ea2eebf97
  3. Xbox Series X black triangular artifacts everywhere...but not on home screen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X black triangular artifacts everywhere...but not on home screen: Hey everyone! The other day while playing Starfield I started seeing black flashing triangular artifacts flashing all over the screen...but not while on the home screen. Very strange Every single...
  4. Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button: For some reason when I have VRR turned on, my games will flicker and go black when I press home button and if I put option to gaming only, everytime I open or quit an app it will go black ive...
  5. How do I fix black screen on modern warfare 2 after pressing the home button

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix black screen on modern warfare 2 after pressing the home button: The game works just fine it's just every time I go to press the home button to check notification from friends or whatnot and then go back to the game it's black for a couple of seconds which...
  6. My home screen is a black screen and I can’t open any apps

in XBoX on Windows
    My home screen is a black screen and I can’t open any apps: when I turn it on it lets me login but then all it tells me is “something went wrong”. I can open my menu with the Xbox button but I can only open settings nothing else will open....
  7. On my Xbox home screen. Why do I keep getting the question "games curated by our black...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On my Xbox home screen. Why do I keep getting the question "games curated by our black...: I'll buy a good game. Not! Because of race. 94da3583-dd79-47a9-9e85-5b6beb8a1857
  8. why does my brand new Xbox series s randomly go black. When on the home screen or in games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my brand new Xbox series s randomly go black. When on the home screen or in games...: I just got a new Xbox series s today and randomly it will just go blank, I can still hear, and when I press buttons it does stuff, but it is completely blank for about 2 seconds then comes back...
  9. Xbox Remote Play Black Screen after Xbox Logo - Works Only On Home WiFi & Mobile Data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Remote Play Black Screen after Xbox Logo - Works Only On Home WiFi & Mobile Data: Xbox Remote Play Black Screen after Xbox Logo - Works Only On Home WiFi & Mobile Data So I am having this problem for a while. I use the Xbox app to remote play, when I am connected to my home...
  10. Gigabyte M27Q monitor and Xbox Series - Black Home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gigabyte M27Q monitor and Xbox Series - Black Home screen: Hey All, Glad I found this forum, hope someone can help. Monitor works find in-game. Monitor works fine switching between games. Going from a game to the Home Screen, screen goes black. Unplug...