Black screen flicker, video reset

Discus and support Black screen flicker, video reset in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am having the (fairly well known) issue of video signal flickering and resetting to temporary black screen. This started within the last couple... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RB DOGFACE, Apr 2, 2014.

1. RB DOGFACE
    RB DOGFACE Guest

I am having the (fairly well known) issue of video signal flickering and resetting to temporary black screen. This started within the last couple weeks. I assume it was after the last update as I have auto updates and dont know when I got mine.

I have tried every "fix" online- hard reboot, pull power and hold down power button thirty second then plug back in, set HDMI versus HDMI autodetect. It is getting real frustrating. It will get into a reset cycle where it flicks on and off 5-6 times before
    it is stable. The only thing that temporarily helped was pulling the power which worked until I turned off the xbox that night.

I cant believe there is no solution for this.

Please help!!!

:)

RB DOGFACE, Apr 2, 2014
  2. hackREDUX
    hackREDUX Guest
    March update.A few things that are coming

anybody getting an occasional black screen flicker since this preview update?

hackREDUX, Apr 2, 2014
  3. *URGENT* The preview update has killed my xbox

does the black screen flicker when you turn it on?

mparmyman1984, Apr 2, 2014
  4. Black screen flicker, video reset

Dealing with the same thing. I sure hope MS is working on a patch for this. Playing games and watching Netflix gets frustrating without a constant picture.

Collideoscope, Jun 11, 2014
  5. So last night I went into settings and then to the Oneguide section. I then went to Audio and Video section and changed my refresh rate to 50hz. I then completely shut down (power-saver mode) the Xbox and restarted. I haven't had any issues so far today.
    Hope this helps.

Collideoscope, Jun 12, 2014
  6. noahgoa
    noahgoa Guest
    Same problem. Seems to only happen when I game though.

noahgoa, Nov 18, 2014
  7. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest
    Hey there noahgoa,

Due to the age of this thread and that the OP hasn't come back in a while, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. This way we can cater our support specifically to you. Thanks!

Miss Diggz, Nov 1, 2018
  8. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there noahgoa,

Due to the age of this thread and that the OP hasn't come back in a while, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. This way we can cater our support specifically to you. Thanks!
  9. Collideoscope Win User

Dealing with the same thing. I sure hope MS is working on a patch for this. Playing games and watching Netflix gets frustrating without a constant picture.
  10. Collideoscope Win User

So last night I went into settings and then to the Oneguide section. I then went to Audio and Video section and changed my refresh rate to 50hz. I then completely shut down (power-saver mode) the Xbox and restarted. I haven't had any issues so far today.
    Hope this helps.
  11. noahgoa Win User

Same problem. Seems to only happen when I game though.
  12. CyTeK1978 Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
Thema:

1. Black screen flicker, video reset - Similar Threads - Black screen flicker

2. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  3. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  4. Anyway to fix my black screen of death?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyway to fix my black screen of death?: My Xbox One will start and load the green logo but just sits on a black screen after that. It will open the three turn off options when I hold the Xbox button on the controller. It also pops up a...
  5. Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button: For some reason when I have VRR turned on, my games will flicker and go black when I press home button and if I put option to gaming only, everytime I open or quit an app it will go black ive...
  6. Who else agree that nowadays is preferable to have flicker/black screen when entering SDR...

in XboX Insiders
    Who else agree that nowadays is preferable to have flicker/black screen when entering SDR...: Doesn't you guys think HDR dashboard should have been prior to 4K implementation? It's a pain to wait for flickering when TV is constantly switching between SDR and HDR, even when alternating...
  7. Series X black screen flicker TCL TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X black screen flicker TCL TV: Hello, i am one of hundreds of xbox gamers who have a TCL TV and cant watch streaming apps without the screen flickering black with loss of audio and video. If you google “xbox series x black...
  8. XBOX ONE X used to flicker with a black screen, now its just black.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE X used to flicker with a black screen, now its just black.: My Xbox One X was flickering black earlier today and right now its just a black screen. I already changed the HDMI and tested with a different TV and it wont work....
  9. Xbox One X Black Screen Flicker

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Black Screen Flicker: My Xbox One X will intermittently start to flicker to a black screen. It has been randomly occurring over the last month. I am not sure what I should attempt to do to correct the issue. I have a...
  10. Black Screen *Flicker* after update (Need Help!)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black Screen *Flicker* after update (Need Help!): I am hoping someone can help me. After the update today my Xbox has started to go to a black screen for one second and then come back to normal. This happens in Blu-Ray, Games, Dashboard, and TV...