Black screen after manual override of 120HZ

Discus and support Black screen after manual override of 120HZ in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, Just recently bought the series s and Alienware AW2518H, monitor is 240HZ compatible but neither shows up on my xbox. I have manually over ridden... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LiamSharman, Apr 5, 2022.

1. LiamSharman
    LiamSharman Guest

Hi,

Just recently bought the series s and Alienware AW2518H, monitor is 240HZ compatible but neither shows up on my xbox. I have manually over ridden the HDMI, and turned on 120hz but the screen goes black and turns back to 60HZ after 30 seconds. I’m using the HDMI 2.0 cable that comes with the xbox.

:)

LiamSharman, Apr 5, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi LIAMSHARMAN! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you have an Xbox Series S console, or if your TV doesn’t support HDMI 2.1, you can still enable 120 Hz gaming at a lower resolution. To do this, set your Refresh rate on the TV & display options screen to 120 Hz. If your resolution was previously set to 4K, the console will automatically adjust the resolution to support the 120 Hz refresh rate. Otherwise, select a resolution from the available options.

If you own an Xbox Series S and wish to game in 4K@120Hz, you’ll need to acquire a certified Ultra High Speed HDMI cable.
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

That a G-sync monitor and G-sync monitors don't play well with consoles and you'll only be limited to 60Hz, also a 240Hz monitor for consoles is so not worth it as in their a waste of money, as the consoles are not capable of getting anywhere near 240fps in games,

Freesync or Adaptive sync monitors are whats needed, avoid G-sync only monitors for consoles.
  4. AlejandroShredder Win User

sentey ms2711

i have "override" the display in the options, disable autodetect, and manually configure it as 1080p/120Hz and now my monitor Sentey DOES recognize the entry display as 120fps instead of 60. thanks
  5. Craig Arnot Win User

Why does my x box series s look terrible in game?

In the display settings go to video fidelity & overscan.

Click on overrides then go to hdmi and click use manual settings.

Go back and put the resolution back to 1080p or 1440 and click yes.

You should now be on 120hz and the in game picture will be fixed
  6. Craig Arnot Win User

Why does my x box series s look terrible in game?

In the display settings go to video fidelity & overscan.

Click on overrides then go to hdmi and click use manual settings.

Go back and put the resolution back to 1080p or 1440 and click yes.

You should now be on 120hz and the in game picture will be fixed.
Thema:

1. Black screen after manual override of 120HZ - Similar Threads - Black screen manual

2. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  3. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  4. Anyway to fix my black screen of death?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyway to fix my black screen of death?: My Xbox One will start and load the green logo but just sits on a black screen after that. It will open the three turn off options when I hold the Xbox button on the controller. It also pops up a...
  5. Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C: Hello, This problem was first noticed while playing Mortal Kombat 1 on Xbox Series X with a Samsung S95C OLED. Randomly, the screen will go black, but then come back on within a few seconds in...
  6. Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution: Hi all I have an Xbox series X with a high end 4k TV. When I try and remote play from my Rog ally then I get sound but a black screen If I go I to Xbox settings and change the resolution from 4k...
  7. Black screen with remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen with remote play: Hi all I have an Xbox series X and a high end TV. In TV settings on the Xbox the resolution is set to 4k uhd but when this set to 4k I am unable to use remote play from my Rog ally,all I get is a...
  8. Xbox One X no signal/black screen issues after last update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X no signal/black screen issues after last update: Three days ago, I was playing Gears of War 2 when the screen started flickering, went to no signal. I've booted into safe mode, did a complete factory reset. This would work partially only to...
  9. Why does my screen keep going black and showing red and green lines?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my screen keep going black and showing red and green lines?: When I turn on my Xbox One X and get to the Home Screen, my screen either keeps going black or the screen just flickers with loads of green and red lines appearing all over the screen like the...
  10. My Xbox boots to a black screen after my brother put his account on it. How do I fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox boots to a black screen after my brother put his account on it. How do I fix?: My brothers Xbox stopped working a few months back. It was slowing down, not popping up the home menu, and eventually just wouldn’t show anything other than a black screen. After a few months, he...