Black Ops 4 Won't Start On Xbox One X

Discus and support Black Ops 4 Won't Start On Xbox One X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was playing BO4 this afternoon and had restarted my Xbox One X because I was going to go do something and decided not to, so I turned the Xbox off... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by THE Alyce, Jul 4, 2020.

1. THE Alyce
    THE Alyce Guest

I was playing BO4 this afternoon and had restarted my Xbox One X because I was going to go do something and decided not to, so I turned the Xbox off and then back on again (by selecting to properly shut down the console from the Xbox menu) about a minute
    later to resume playing. After restarting the box and logging into my profile, I started BO4, but the game will not go past the splash screen (the dude with the gun and two others behind him with the BO4 logo) after I start it, it just turns dark after a minute
    and then throws me back to the Xbox desktop. I'm not getting any error messages. Other games on my system start normally. My BO4 is a digital game, no disc, and this Xbox is not in the beta. I wanted to see if maybe there was a corrupted cloud file for BO4,
    an XBL Service issue, or an issue with my XBL profile, so I turned on my second Xbox One and was able to open BO4 and play normally (which IS in beta), so it doesn't seem to be a problem with Xbox Live Services, the saved data, or my profile (unless one of
    those files behaves differently on an Xbox One X than it does on an Xbox One). My Xbox states that it has the latest update.

I've tried power cycling/clearing the cache several times, deleting my saved data on the box, clearing the reserved space for the game, and deleting and reinstalling my gamer profile on the box. I've also tried creating a test account and launching the game
    with that account, instead. Nothing helped... I still can't get past the splash screen. I have checked my network status, it's fine. I've tried leaving the box off overnight, no change.

I've been Googling this issue and have tried everything there is to try that I could find, including uninstalling, downloading, then reinstalling BO4. It's still doing the same thing.

Does anyone who has experience with this issue or someone from support have any other suggestions that I have not tried? I really don't want to have to factory reset my box. It's weird that I was playing the game and everything was fine, but after I restarted
    the box the game would no longer launch. It did this once before a long time ago, but I just power cycled the box and it was fine.

Thanks, I would appreciate any help from someone who knows what they're doing.

Alyce

:)

THE Alyce, Jul 4, 2020
  2. THE Alyce Win User

I had also copied the game to an external drive from my other Xbox One where it functions as it should, and tried to play the game (normally, I should be able to play it from an external drive on any Xbox One with my profile) from that drive after I factory
    reiset the Xbox One X (again), but it still didn't work.

I finally talked to Microsoft hardware support by phone and it's going in for repair. I'll post back later when it is returned to me in case anyone reading this has the same problem.

By the way, if Spookzilla reads this, I am looking for you to see if you solved the problem on your Xbox One with BO4. I'm Malice_Alyce on Xbox.
  3. KhaoticSamuraii Win User

Halo 4 - Limited Edition

Don't waste your money. I won't be buying Halo 4 or Black ops 2 day 1. The only good limited edition is the $80 Black ops 2 one.
  4. TheTrojanOne Win User

black ops 4 crash

yes I've noticed it started happening with black ops 3 before I bought black ops 4
  5. ghost Nunyo Win User

Why is Microsoft intentionally scamming people through entitlement issues?

Call of duty Black ops Cold war for Xbox one and Xbox series X.
  6. spartan10hect12 Win User

How to fix ''The lobby is not joinable''?

Black ops 4 Xbox One and no error code
Thema:

1. Black Ops 4 Won't Start On Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Black Ops Won't

2. Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq: I have got Xbox game pass ultimate and I want to download call of duty black ops 6 when it releases can I get it on game pass on its own without getting call of duty hq is there anyway when black...
  3. I'm having an issue with black ops cold war

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having an issue with black ops cold war: [img] Hello i am having an issue starting up cod black ops cold war it doesnt even let me load into the main menu [img] ill send photos, it tells me i need xbox live. Please help me with this...
  4. can i download call of duty black ops 6 and hq on microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    can i download call of duty black ops 6 and hq on microsoft store: i have the game pass ultimate on pc and i just pre installed the call of duty black ops 6 game but it is only 10mb and i was thinking how do i download the call of duty hq app on microsoft store...
  5. Modern warfare 3 & black ops 6 installation issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Modern warfare 3 & black ops 6 installation issues: I was looking at black ops 6 in the gamepass and it said "manage game with gamepass" so I clicked on it and installed modern warfare 3 and the 1 black ops 6 pack for free but when i open the game...
  6. Black ops 2 season pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black ops 2 season pass: I can't access my dlc stuff even though I have my season pass because I'm suspended and can't go on Xbox live 70145df1-d64d-4949-b0f0-38ae4bddb485
  7. Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?: I bought the digital version of black ops 2 and I can't join my friends online game sessions for black ops 2 zombies. I've read countless post with people with the same exact issue and no one can...
  8. I am unable to connect to Black Ops 3 servers because the game version won't update. What...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to connect to Black Ops 3 servers because the game version won't update. What...: I've tried reseting and restarting the console, I've tried waiting it out, but nothing works. Im on Xbox Series X btw. 7aa19469-1909-4002-92bb-83d88dc6ae11
  9. Why won't black ops 2 to load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't black ops 2 to load: Every now and then I try to play black ops 2 on my Xbox series s it will freeze on the Xbox 360 screen but I don't know how to fix it anyone have a guess why it keeps doing it...
  10. Black op ||| won't connect with the online service

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black op ||| won't connect with the online service: Hello, often, when I try to start Black ops ||| it says, that it's downloading, but it isn't starting or really downloading anything, sometimes, it checks my data, but this doesn't work. I tried...