black crush help

Discus and support black crush help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hi im having black crush on my xbone. games tv apps all have it. my other electronics all output the same pic but the xbone is darker. my rbg is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by josh4789, Feb 14, 2014.

1. josh4789
    josh4789 Guest

black crush help

hi im having black crush on my xbone. games tv apps all have it. my other electronics all output the same pic but the xbone is darker. my rbg is limited. the xbone calibration has me put my brightness up to 89 to get black levels right, but it washes out
    the pic and still crushes blacks, just not as bad. any help is appreciated. i also posted this in 360 discussion so you can delete. not trying to double post

:)

josh4789, Feb 14, 2014
  2. josh4789
    josh4789 Guest
    black crush help

hi guys i just got a xbone and i am getting black crush on everything from games to hulu. all my other devices dont have this. i have my rgb set to limited. to get the black levels right on calibration i have to set the brightness on my tv to 89, wich washes
    out the picture and still gives some crush. any help is appreciated.

josh4789, Feb 14, 2014
  3. Sal O
    Sal O Guest
    black crush help

Crushed blacks usually happen when the source RGB is set to full/nonstandard and the display RGB is set to limited/standard. You sure you don't have a mismatch in your RGB color ranges?

Sal O, Feb 14, 2014
  4. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest

black crush help

I've found that even though it say to raise the brightness on you tv, raising the contrast helped a bit for me. I'm finding some games quite dark in places. Even in Ryse when your in shadow it gets hard to see you character. Mess around with all the picture
    settings on your tv. Not just brightness. It was a bit of messing around for me but I found the setting I was happy with.

DuFFuL, Feb 14, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

black crush help