Bizarre - new delay between controller input and console response time.

Discus and support Bizarre - new delay between controller input and console response time. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; TLDR; new Xbox Series X recently started having a delay between controller input and console output, only EVERY OTHER DAY. I bought a new Series X... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HanksMineral133, May 1, 2024.

1. Bizarre - new delay between controller input and console response time.

TLDR; new Xbox Series X recently started having a delay between controller input and console output, only EVERY OTHER DAY.

I bought a new Series X from GameStop 2 months ago. Worked great for the first 6 weeks. Now as of 2 weeks ago, this weird issue started occurring where, only every other day (about), there is an obvious delay between when i press buttons on my controller to the action response time on my console.

Please note that this is an EVERY OTHER DAY occurrence. Meaning, yesterday the console and my game (rocket league) worked just fine. Now today it doesn’t again. This includes offline mode, so it’s not necessarily a wifi network connectivity issue.

Troubleshooting steps I’ve already taken:

1. Confirmed it’s not an issue with either of my two brand new controllers. GameStop inspected and tested them.

2. Performed many console power cycle restarts.

3. Rebooted my WiFi.

4. New controller batteries.

5. Plugged in my controllers directly to console, still no better response time.

I can’t find anything about an issue like this online. Is this a common issue with an easy fix that I’m overthinking? Is my console a lemon?

TYIA

:)

HanksMineral133, May 1, 2024
  2. Ryan [Limitless] Win User

Hi HanksMineral133, I’m Ryan.

What OS version are you currently on? Settings > System > Console info.

What’s the firmware version for both your Xbox controllers? Launch the Xbox Accessories app, then select the ellipsis (…) for more options under the specific controllers.

Here to help.
  3. KILLERHEDAKE Win User

Time delay between turning on controller and console

I would be curious if there is any radio interference in the general realm of where your console is. Check to see if anything in your area has changed ie a new electronic device is now sitting near your console.

It could be the console itself. The controllers work with a radio frequency to connect wirelessly to the console. When the reciever goes faulty, albeit does not happen all that often, it causes issues with the controller to completely loose connectivity.

I have not heard of it causing a delayed response but given what I have heard of, this seems like it could be related.

If there is not anything causing interference I would see if the same issue happens with a wired controller, if you have one, or if moving your console to another room would make the difference.

Unfortunetly with this sort of thing it darn near could be anything causing the issue. The last solution could just be to repair/replace the console. To begin repair go to
    www.xbox.com/support to start the process. In warranty repairs are free, out of warranty is a $99 charge. That or a new 4gb S is only $199 along with 1 yr warranty.

Good luck in anycase.
  4. jaspertodd Win User

Hey.I odnt think its realy anything to worry about. The 360 is getting to be more like a pc with all the apps and stuff.

My 360 is the same way.As long as you can play your games and have no real problems i wouldnt worry to much about it.

Have you ever tried to Clear your Catche in your HardDrive? Not saying its gonna solve anything but you never know?

I have had my 360 for 6yrs and it has been doing the same for like 3 yrs.
  5. TedgeK Win User

Side note, just tried clearing the cache, did nothing to help/ This happens with both my controllers, and its REALLY annoying. If anyone has a solution or somthing i can try, please post it up.
  6. hazquisha Win User

i have this problem tooooooo :( any solutions yet?
Thema:

1. Bizarre - new delay between controller input and console response time. - Similar Threads - Bizarre delay between

2. How do I fix the Input Delay Problem on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 and Every Call of...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the Input Delay Problem on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 and Every Call of...: I've been having this insane input lag on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019,Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, Call of Duty Vanguard, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 2022, and Call of Duty Modern...
  3. Why is my xbox one so delayed and slow?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my xbox one so delayed and slow?: My xbox one is so slow when I click any game or app, it just freezes on the title screen or a blank screen. Everything is giving me an error code like it took to long to load or something went...
  4. Xbox Series X controller input delay on Windows 10.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller input delay on Windows 10.: I bought a custom made xbox series x controller from Xbox Design Lab back in 2022 for some context. Worked well for two years but recently I've noticed after about a few minutes into a session the...
  5. Controller Delay for the right stick only.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Delay for the right stick only.: This only happened the other day but when I got in to play the new sea of thieves update I noticed that there's a considerable delay in my camera movements. Thinking this was just sea of thieves I...
  6. Elite Series 2 input delay issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 input delay issue: I bought my Elite Series 2 about 4 months ago, it was working like a charm and I haven't noticed any issues with it and it happened to be my favourite controller. But about a week ago, all of a...
  7. My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it?: I have an old rock candy wired controller that I have been using for years. Since getting Windows 11 whenever I want to use it it I need to check for updates through Windows Update and install...
  8. How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?: I have been dealing with an mysterious and irritating input delay with my Xboxes for the past 3 years. I do not know what else to do to fix this issue. I have literally gone through EVERY...
  9. Input delay with keyboard and mouse on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Input delay with keyboard and mouse on Xbox: I have an Xbox series s and I want to play with keyboard mouse. I have a black razer viper and some office hp keyboard. I experience input delay from the mouse but not much from the keyboard. So...
  10. Mouse and Keyboard high input delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse and Keyboard high input delay: So I've been using my Xbox for a while, and decided to start using my mouse and keyboard, but I noticed a ton of input delay. Is there a way to fix it? 9e96422c-febe-4bd0-884d-2ffadcfb9158