BIG problem Xbox series S with Asus pg279q

Discus and support BIG problem Xbox series S with Asus pg279q in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi!i just bought used an asus pg279q, i'm trying to activate the 120hz on xbox series S but i can't in any way. I keep saying "out of range" can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlessioGatta, Jan 12, 2022.

1. AlessioGatta
    AlessioGatta Guest

Hi!i just bought used an asus pg279q, i'm trying to activate the 120hz on xbox series S but i can't in any way. I keep saying "out of range"

can someone help me?

:)

AlessioGatta, Jan 12, 2022
  2. Farscape247 Win User

for console the monitors edid(the list of supported refresh rates) has to have 120hz dead on listed, pc does not need to use this and can select any, consoles can't, your monitor supports 165hz but may not have 120hz exact listed in its edid therefore won't work.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

According to the manual, this monitor is only 60Hz over HDMI. Fairly common for an HDMI 1.4 based screen. It's also quite an old monitor now, first released in 2015.

[​IMG]

I'm afraid you won't be able to use 120Hz on this type of monitor over HDMI

It may be possible to use an active (i.e. powered) HDMI to DP adaptor, but there is no guarantee it will work. It really depends if the timings meet VESA standard. Unfortunately that's not a question I can answer currently.

This is sold as a PC gaming type of monitor, not a console one. As Farscape247 has already mentioned, exact timings for the display are critical for 120Hz on a console. PC's don't have this issue.
  4. markhiner Win User

Xbox series s display options

Hello, the monitor I use is the asus vg248qe and the system is an Xbox series s.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

I have a asus tuf 27 inch 165hz pg279q monitor and Xbox series S can I use HDMI to display port please help ?

6. Olcay95 Win User

FIFA 22 and Next-Gen issues

Most of games are great on Series S, speacially optimisated ones for S|X

But FIFA 22 is a big problem because I bought the Series S speacially for FIFA but the game looks like from Xbox 360....

We need your support, I hope they will fix this awful / pixelated graphics

Many thanks
Thema:

1. BIG problem Xbox series S with Asus pg279q - Similar Threads - BIG problem series

2. Have a big problem with xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Have a big problem with xbox account: I’ve been trying to sign in my Xbox account, but when I’ve tried to sign in, the page restarted and it’s obsessively. Also can’t contact or find any real person official Microsoft support chat....
  3. Big problem with windows store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Big problem with windows store: So about week ago i found out that i cannot play forza horizon 5 becouse it redirected me to download gaming services which i already had installed so i contacted xbox about it and they told me to...
  4. My Xbox has a big problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox has a big problem: So, when I try to turn on my Xbox it turns on for a split second then turns off. And yes I tried cleaning the fan and inside also I used the proper equipment. 5319093e-80a3-448a-bbe8-0b92d940a507
  5. I have a very big problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a very big problem.: Hello my name is Dian or .I have Xbox Seres X.I don’t know what happened but my Xbox is totally not good.In my Queue I have 489 updates or I don’t know what.I bought 5tb Seagate Expasnion Card and...
  6. Couldn't get help from support but this is a big problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Couldn't get help from support but this is a big problem: This isn't even really a player report, someone has to take legal action against this guy. This youtuber guy is all over twitter and YouTube. He straight up promoting cheating on Xbox platforms...
  7. Microsoft Edges New Big Problem + Potential fix

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Edges New Big Problem + Potential fix: So in the new microsoft edge theres been massive problems with file access. Oh? You have a USB and wanna download music to it through Edge? nah. Twitter? Nah. Discord? nah. You cant download...
  8. Weird graphical glitch, is this a big problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird graphical glitch, is this a big problem?: So I’m playing destiny 2 on my Xbox series s and these weird dots keep appearing on screen all over and I know they aren’t supposed to be there because I play the same game on PlayStation 4 and it...
  9. the wifi connect big problem, for xbox

in XboX Insiders
    the wifi connect big problem, for xbox: The wireless network login is too smart. When my xbox series s logs in to the wireless network, because it is a campus network, it is similar to a wifi login site like superloop. I need to enter...
  10. BIG problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BIG problem: I installed Conan Exiles on my One S in order to complete the Gamepass quest, the game has knackered my console something chronic! Had to perform a factory reset 4 times to get to the point where...