Big Huge Games Question

Discus and support Big Huge Games Question in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; On Rise of Nations, how do I change the drive my game saves to? I have a huge E/ drive that I use for saving games but the game is insisting I save it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RodneyWollam, Dec 11, 2023.

1. RodneyWollam
    RodneyWollam Guest

Big Huge Games Question

On Rise of Nations, how do I change the drive my game saves to? I have a huge E/ drive that I use for saving games but the game is insisting I save it to my C/ drive, a SSD with limited space. How do I change it? Thanks.

:)

RodneyWollam, Dec 11, 2023
  2. RodneyWollam Win User

Big Huge Games Question

Apologies, I must have missed your reply. The two screenshots below should make it clear your solution would not work with me. There is no strictly "Options" menu (it's "Options and Profiles") and clicking on it does not reveal a "Gameplay" tab (it opens up on a "Game" tab). From there, there is no option to Save Game Folder.

Does it help elucidate the solution however?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

BIG HUGE GAMES question

Hello RodneyWollam,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with having your game progress on Rise of Nations. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we try to resolve this problem.

Based on the screenshots you provided, it seems that you are playing the Extended Edition of Rise of Nations, which has a different interface and options than the original version. The steps you were given are for the original version, which is why they do not work for you. If I may ask, may I know where did you purchase the game is it from Microsoft Store or Steam?

To change the save game folder for the Extended Edition, please follow these steps:

1. Open the game and go to the "Options and Profiles" menu.

2. Click on the "Game" tab.

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for the "Advanced" section.

4. Click on the "Change Save Game Folder" button.

5. Navigate to the folder on your E/ drive where you want to save your game progress and click "OK".

6. The game should now save your progress to the new location on your E/ drive.

You can also try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the folder where the game is installed: The default installation path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rise of Nations.
    2. Create a new folder on the E drive: Create a new folder on your E drive where you want to save your game progress.
    3. Create a symbolic link: Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following command: mklink /D "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games\Rise of Nations" "E:\Rise of Nations Save". This will create a symbolic link from the default save location to the new folder on your E drive.

We hope this helps you enjoy your gaming experience. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. RodneyWollam Win User

BIG HUGE GAMES question

I thought this was game support?
  5. Yanyannnn Win User

Big Huge Games Question

Hello RodneyWollam,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to change the location of your saved games. To change the drive where Rise of Nations saves your game progress, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the game and go to the Options menu.

2. Click on the "Gameplay" tab.

3. Look for the "Save Game Folder" option and click on the "Browse" button next to it.

4. Navigate to the folder on your E/ drive where you want to save your game progress and click "OK".

5. The game should now save your progress to the new location on your E/ drive.

If you encounter any issues or have further questions, please let me know.

YanYannn
  6. Belen T.C. Win User

BIG HUGE GAMES question

Hello RodneyWollam,

Thank you for your response and I'm sorry to hear that the advance option is not available on your end. What I would highly suggest is to uninstall and reinstall the game to fix the issue however if the issue persists, I will highly suggest contacting the Game Support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or escalate the issue to their engineering team for further investigation.

Sincerely,

Thema:

Big Huge Games Question

1. Big Huge Games Question - Similar Threads - Big Huge Games

2. A big, warm "Fuck You!" to Xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    A big, warm "Fuck You!" to Xbox.: So its become apparent to me now that, if you want game pass AND Xbox Live, you're forced to buy Ultimate. This is stupid, I've been ripped twice now because I was unaware that the brain has...
  3. Xbox series s stuck at big xbox logo on boot for a while

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s stuck at big xbox logo on boot for a while: Xbox series s with external samsung 1tb ssd and 1tb storage expansion card seagate stuck at big xbox logo on boot for a while then when it does get the the menu it does not connect to the Internet...
  4. Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...: Here is a photo of it. The marks are most likely water/vinegar mix. I hate when There are marks like this. [img] 411af9ba-49b4-47e4-a3fa-6c40e793f6fd
  5. When is the big update? war thunder needs not going to lie

in XboX Insiders
    When is the big update? war thunder needs not going to lie: ?????? submitted by /u/TG_Swump_GXD [link] [comments]
  6. Is N4500 celeron a big jump from N4020

in XBoX on Windows
    Is N4500 celeron a big jump from N4020: Hi everyone. I ask this question as I am in the market for a cheap laptop to stream TV and shows in the evenings. It will literally be used for that. I already have a powerful laptop that I use...
  7. need help installing big fish manager

in XBoX Accessibility
    need help installing big fish manager: need help installing bigfish manager b4735e64-3110-4610-9c20-f3baf4b9bbd9
  8. Why dose xbox allow big scammers in looking for groups posts.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why dose xbox allow big scammers in looking for groups posts.: This gets posted ever few minutes. All kinds of GTA 5 modded accounts with cars Cash Modded outfits and fast delivery. Go to www,u4gm,com and use coupon "xb" for 15% off. The poster is not...
  9. BIG HUGE GAMES question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BIG HUGE GAMES question: On Rise of Nations, how do I change the drive my game saves to? I have a huge E/ drive that I use for saving games but the game is insisting I save it to my C/ drive, a SSD with limited space. I...
  10. Big team playlist, Huge Halo 3 preference

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Big team playlist, Huge Halo 3 preference: Hello everyone, Just thought i'd mention something I've noticed as of late. I love the big team playlist... but I hate that 80 percent of the matches end up being Halo 3 maps. Sure it's great,...