Bf and I want to share games and gold, but it doesn't work

Discus and support Bf and I want to share games and gold, but it doesn't work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My boyfriend has logged in on my xbox one and made it his home console, and while he is connected on my xbox, but I play on my account everything... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Egeskjold, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Egeskjold
    Egeskjold Guest

My boyfriend has logged in on my xbox one and made it his home console, and while he is connected on my xbox, but I play on my account everything works, but! If he logs into his own xbox he is immediately logged out from mine and I can no longer play online.

Why is that?

I thought we were supposed to be able to play together?

:)

Egeskjold, Apr 11, 2018
  2. Teminater74
    Teminater74 Guest
    Sharing Gold

I just got a year-gold card, and my brother just got a 3 month card. However, before he activating he noticed that we could share gold. But, if we both share gold, is it possible that they will stack (eg. If he uses his 3 month will our gold last 15 months)?
    I have a feeling it doesn't work like that, since gold is linked to account and not xbox, but just wanted to see if it work.

Teminater74, Apr 11, 2018
  3. some guy1701
    some guy1701 Guest
    trying to share my gold and it wont work

Hi,

to share gold you will need to make the xbox one your home xbox. to do this go to All Setting > Personalisation > My home xbox and then select Make this my home Xbox.

some guy1701, Apr 11, 2018
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

Once he has set your console as his home device just sign out his profile and sign in with your own profile and you should then be able to share most of his gold privileges and games.

gds1972, Apr 11, 2018
  5. Egeskjold
    Egeskjold Guest
    But that's the problem.. he gets automatically logged out when he is on his own console and then I can't use any of the privileges.

Egeskjold, Apr 11, 2018
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    He shouldn't have to be signed into your console in order for you to share his stuff if he has the console set as his Home. You'll want to double check that he does have the console set as his Home. Otherwise, you're able to share his content because he
    is signed in, not because of the setting.

Smwutches, Apr 11, 2018
  7. Egeskjold
    Egeskjold Guest
    We have both double checked multiple times and he has set it as his Home, but whenever he is on his console it tells me that I need gold to play multiplayer, group chat etc. We've watched so many videos on how to share and everything and we've done that,
    but it still doesn't work.

Egeskjold, Apr 11, 2018
  8. Bf and I want to share games and gold, but it doesn't work

Heya!

Would you mind sending us a photo of what you see under your console Home settings?

Are your consoles on the same network as each other by chance?

Could you have your boyfriend post here with a photo of his Home settings as well?

We will do everything we can to help troubleshoot!

Mister Getafix, Apr 11, 2018
  9. Egeskjold
    Egeskjold Guest
    Hey,

For some reason an error occurs when I try uploading a picture, but which settings exactly?

Is it the one where you choose the 'make this my home xbox'?

Or some other settings? (sorry if it's a dumb question, but I'm not too experienced with it all).

We are on the same network, yes.

Thank you for your help!

Egeskjold, Apr 11, 2018
  10. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Yes. It would be the "make this console my home" setting.

Smwutches, Apr 12, 2018
  11. Egeskjold
    Egeskjold Guest
    We spoke with Xbox live support and it finally works.

Thanks for all the comments!

Sadly I don't understand the solution so I can't help others who are going through trouble. We deleted and added our accounts multiple times and suddenly it worked.

Egeskjold, Apr 12, 2018
  12. Happy to hear that they were able to assist and get that working!

Feel free to post again if you need help troubleshooting anything else.

Mister Getafix, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: