Best Xbox One Fitness workout for beginners?

Discus and support Best Xbox One Fitness workout for beginners? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Actually a low impact workout, like Tai Chi - or something, for us old guys might be nice. I've got an arthritic condition and bouncin' an' boppin' to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by wancell, Jan 10, 2014.

  1. Best Xbox One Fitness workout for beginners?


    Actually a low impact workout, like Tai Chi - or something, for us old guys might be nice. I've got an arthritic condition and bouncin' an' boppin' to da hits just doesnt cut it....ya know?
     
    LoneYukon6512£ºÑ€¤¥µKºÑ, Jul 19, 2014
    #16
  2. Yes, I'm looking for Fitness Over 50 and stretching exercises. I saw one ONE TIME, and even though a member of Gold, they wanted me to buy it. I can't find it now. I've seen some beginner stretching ones that a young woman is leading. Where are the old
    girl leaders? I'm not wild about YOGA. Help!
     
    StatelyArtifact, Aug 15, 2014
    #17
  3. If you are just trying to break into Xbox Fitness, I'd say the 10 Minute ones. There is one called like 10 Minute Trainer Total Body (it's a Beachbody one). A good place to begin is doing that twice a week (like Monday-Thursday). After a couple of weeks,
    divide that up and do the 10 Minute Solution Ultimate Upper Body Training one on Monday, the Ultimate Lower Body Training one on Wednesday, and on Friday do that Beachbody Total Body one again.

    I saw someone mention that the trainers only show the move once and then go right into it... yes, for the 10 minute videos, they absolutely do. It's unfortunate, but you have to remember: They are trying to get a full workout done in 10 minutes. The trick
    is to not sweat it. If it takes you until the very last rep they do for you to actually get the move right on that first run through, just remember: That's ok! When you try it again later, it'll be just that much easier.

    Some of the longer videos have better examples/demonstrations, but they also tend to be tougher.

    For the person who did the Fight video, I'm guessing that was Mossa Fight (either 1 or 2). The description says 'Beginner', but they are far from being beginner workouts. I'm thinking someone at Mossa and/or Microsoft just wanted more people to try those
    videos because they are definitely NOT beginner workouts.

    Anyhow, if I were going to workout strictly with Xbox Fitness (I personally workout at the gym most of the time and just do 1 or 2 Xbox Fitness workouts per week), I'd probably do something like:

    Sunday - Rest

    Monday - Mossa - Power Workout 1

    Tuesday - P90X - Plyometrics

    Wednesday - P90X - Shoulders & Arms

    Thursday - Rest

    Friday - Mossa - Power Workout 2

    Saturday - Mossa - Fight 1 or 2 (alternate each week)

    -

    Anyhow, as should always be said, if you haven't worked out in a long time, make sure you are healthy enough to do so (checking with your doctor is recommended if you are concerned for any reason).

    Overall though, I find Xbox Fitness to be a really fun and useful program. I'm probably going to spring for the full-blown Xbox Fitness exclusive P90X program here pretty soon, just hoping for a sale before I pull the trigger...
     
    DarkVictory23, Aug 15, 2014
    #18
  4. OG NICK23
    OG NICK23 Guest

    Best Xbox One Fitness workout for beginners?

    I think the Mossa Fight 1 and 2 are great and if you wanna take it easy they have the low impact version trainer on the side doing easier variations
     
    OG NICK23, Aug 15, 2014
    #19
  5. Thanks for the advice Dark - I'll try that! Best Xbox One Fitness workout for beginners? :D
     
    Galactic Geek, Aug 15, 2014
    #20
  6. CarringtonTV
    CarringtonTV Guest
    The 10 Minute Solutions with the red or blue colouring on the front are great to start with. The green 10 Minute covers are a decent step up in difficulty. Fwiw, all three of them are listed as Intermediate. YMMV.

    There's an Fitness Friends thread on the forums, where you can add buddies to your friends list. Their names will pop up frequently if they've done the same routines as you, and you'll be challenged to beat their score. Linkage:

    forums.xbox.com/.../1766329.aspx

    Have fun Best Xbox One Fitness workout for beginners? :)
     
    CarringtonTV, Aug 15, 2014
    #21
  7. f00xm4n
    f00xm4n Guest
    In the UK the NHS does a mp3 / programme called couch to 5k in 9 weeks. My Mrs is doing it while on summer holiday (she is a teacher) and found it really good. She now uses xbox fitness programmes with a lot more ease.
     
    f00xm4n, Oct 31, 2018
    #22
  8. pd730 Win User

    Best Xbox One Fitness workout for beginners?

    Like CATigerman said, do a 10 minute one. Then if you're not dying lol, do another 10 minute one right after. Only after you can do these back-to-back with 5 stars would I go into the 20 minute ones and then eventually venture into any of the 30 minute
    or more workouts. You definitely don't want to jump in too fast, get so sore you can't walk or sit down/up normal for a week, and then won't want to do it again :).
  9. f00xm4n Win User

    Best Xbox One Fitness workout for beginners?

    In the UK the NHS does a mp3 / programme called couch to 5k in 9 weeks. My Mrs is doing it while on summer holiday (she is a teacher) and found it really good. She now uses xbox fitness programmes with a lot more ease.
  10. DarkVictory23 Win User

    Best Xbox One Fitness workout for beginners?

    If you are just trying to break into Xbox Fitness, I'd say the 10 Minute ones. There is one called like 10 Minute Trainer Total Body (it's a Beachbody one). A good place to begin is doing that twice a week (like Monday-Thursday). After a couple of weeks,
    divide that up and do the 10 Minute Solution Ultimate Upper Body Training one on Monday, the Ultimate Lower Body Training one on Wednesday, and on Friday do that Beachbody Total Body one again.

    I saw someone mention that the trainers only show the move once and then go right into it... yes, for the 10 minute videos, they absolutely do. It's unfortunate, but you have to remember: They are trying to get a full workout done in 10 minutes. The trick
    is to not sweat it. If it takes you until the very last rep they do for you to actually get the move right on that first run through, just remember: That's ok! When you try it again later, it'll be just that much easier.

    Some of the longer videos have better examples/demonstrations, but they also tend to be tougher.

    For the person who did the Fight video, I'm guessing that was Mossa Fight (either 1 or 2). The description says 'Beginner', but they are far from being beginner workouts. I'm thinking someone at Mossa and/or Microsoft just wanted more people to try those
    videos because they are definitely NOT beginner workouts.

    Anyhow, if I were going to workout strictly with Xbox Fitness (I personally workout at the gym most of the time and just do 1 or 2 Xbox Fitness workouts per week), I'd probably do something like:

    Sunday - Rest

    Monday - Mossa - Power Workout 1

    Tuesday - P90X - Plyometrics

    Wednesday - P90X - Shoulders & Arms

    Thursday - Rest

    Friday - Mossa - Power Workout 2

    Saturday - Mossa - Fight 1 or 2 (alternate each week)

    -

    Anyhow, as should always be said, if you haven't worked out in a long time, make sure you are healthy enough to do so (checking with your doctor is recommended if you are concerned for any reason).

    Overall though, I find Xbox Fitness to be a really fun and useful program. I'm probably going to spring for the full-blown Xbox Fitness exclusive P90X program here pretty soon, just hoping for a sale before I pull the trigger...
  11. Mistress Sara Win User

    Best Xbox One Fitness workout for beginners?

    I would appreciate anything showing the recommended fitness level. And a beginners fitness would be nice to learn the various steps.

    -

    I'm sorry, but the trainers in Xbox Fitness walk through a step once then go full speed. I'm not a couch potato by any means. I've never been to an aerobics class so I don't know the "oldies but goodies" steps. Rewinding constantly just gets frustrating
    and sends me back to the treadmill (which I'm tired of and why I started using Xbox Fitness).

    -

    At least Dance Central gave you the option to slow down steps till you felt comfortable enought to do them at full speed.
  12. Enigmatic J Win User

    Best Xbox One Fitness workout for beginners?

    P90x shoulders and arms is a simple resistance workout and the 10 minute trainers are awesome but very fast paced for beginners. If you have any questions add me on XBL I am a personal trainer/ orthopedic surgeon plus I am a beachbody coach so I can probably
    answer most of your questions or at least point you in the right direction. Most importantly be consistent and don't give up. Keep pushing play!!!
Thema:

Best Xbox One Fitness workout for beginners?

Loading...
  1. Best Xbox One Fitness workout for beginners? - Similar Threads - Best Fitness workout

  2. which version of xbox series x have the best graphics?

    in XboX Insiders
    which version of xbox series x have the best graphics?: which version of xbox series x have the best graphics? xbox series x digital? xbox series x galaxy? submitted by /u/Difficult_Culture781 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox review and best service for all the years

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox review and best service for all the years: To the Xbox Team, I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for everything you do. Xbox has been such a huge part of my life, and I genuinely love the platform. From the incredible games to...
  4. Help me pick the best Monitor for Series X + Video editing work , within €315 ($370)

    in XboX Insiders
    Help me pick the best Monitor for Series X + Video editing work , within €315 ($370): Hey everyone, I’m trying to choose a monitor and could use some real-world experience. I’m on a budget of about €315(370$) max and my main uses will be: Xbox Series X gaming • GTA • FC26 • RDR2...
  5. Help me pick the best Monitor for Series X + Video editing work , within €315 ($370)

    in XboX Insiders
    Help me pick the best Monitor for Series X + Video editing work , within €315 ($370): Hey everyone, I’m trying to choose a monitor and could use some real-world experience. I’m on a budget of about €315(370$) max and my main uses will be: Xbox Series X gaming • GTA • FC26 • RDR2...
  6. The best solution for Gamepass lately

    in XboX Insiders
    The best solution for Gamepass lately: If what they want is to increase the pressure by adding more things to the Gamepass lately it is not going to work out well unless they add a new subscription called (Gamepass Exclusive) where...
  7. What game has the best crash physics?

    in XboX Insiders
    What game has the best crash physics?: I already played burnout paradise. Something like beamng drive but for xbox. submitted by /u/ExpertCactus989 [link] [comments]
  8. Is it worth buying a budget expansion card? And if so, which one is the best?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is it worth buying a budget expansion card? And if so, which one is the best?: I understand that one of the seagate 100+ ones are probably ideal, however I dont have the money to blow on that right now as that's legitmately the same price as what I paid for the xbox. I have...
  9. Best Budget Xbox X wired headset (no boom mic preferred)

    in XboX Insiders
    Best Budget Xbox X wired headset (no boom mic preferred): I’m looking for recommendations for a budget wired headset preferably without a boom mic (I use an external mic). Thanks. submitted by /u/jase10mase [link] [comments]
  10. What is the best competitive controller for shooters?

    in XboX Insiders
    What is the best competitive controller for shooters?: Hey guys I’m looking for a really good competitive controller for shooters. I don’t really care about price point, I’m willing to invest into a really good controller. Currently I have the Xbox...