Best way to setup my 75” Samsung QLED tv with my Samsung N950 soundbar/ Dolby Atmos with my...

Discus and support Best way to setup my 75” Samsung QLED tv with my Samsung N950 soundbar/ Dolby Atmos with my... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The way I have it setup now is i’m using the HDMI ARC to my tv’s (One box) and HDMI from Xbox to One box. I only use my Xbox for my Tv. So when i’m... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GtownHUSTLER85, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Best way to setup my 75” Samsung QLED tv with my Samsung N950 soundbar/ Dolby Atmos with my...

The way I have it setup now is i’m using the HDMI ARC to my tv’s (One box) and HDMI from Xbox to One box. I only use my Xbox for my Tv. So when i’m watching Netflix or whatever, it’s always through my Xbox. I also use (Game mode) and it’s on all the time.
    Is there a better way? Or am I doing it right? Also, some of the Dolby Atmos movie’s on Microsoft Movie’s & Tv does not go into Dolby Atmos when I play it. Before I do, I always go to my Xbox settings and switch it to Dolby Atmos...... It’s been frustrating
    since I got this, and yes I own the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox. Thanks.

:)

GtownHUSTLER85, Dec 10, 2020
  2. Lord C Vandingo Win User

Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and the Samsung HW-N950

Its problems with Atmos on home theatre that is the problem not headphones.

The Xbox doesn't seem to recognise the soundbar's (Samsung HW-N950) Atmos capability when plugged into my TV (Samsung 65' Q9FN)
  3. Viper180669 Win User

Best TV for XBOX ONE X

Hi Daniel

I have a Samsung Qf7 qled and I have been totally happy with it works great with the xbox and when paired with the k950 Dolby atmos soundbar is magic
  4. Brock63 Win User

ATMOS on most recent Xbox One X

Thanks...my sound system is ATMOS licensed...TV is Samsung 65" Q9F and soundbar is SAMSUNG q80R Harmon Kardon with ATMOS. So compatibility is not the issue as is already built into soundsystem. Finally called Samsung Tech SUpport...spent couple hours on
    phone with them troubleshooting, checking setup in OneConnect Box for television and output to Soundbar..... Everything was set correctly.....soundbar is just not recognizing the ATMOS feed through HDMI 4k UHD cable from Samsung OneConnect box. So they gave
    me a shipping label to send soundbar for repair or replacement. Boxing it up next week.

FOLLOW UP: Well got soundbar back and same problem. So I started digging deeper....and find out that my flagship Samsung Q9F 65" is NOT ATMOS compatible...and appears that the newer ones are not as well..or is not clear. So basically, how I got around this
    is setup my XBOX ONE X directly to HDMI port of soundbar....and when I want to play XBOX or watch an ATMOS movies using the apps on my XBOX (Netflix, Disney+, Youtube, etc) I have to set the television source to SOUNDBAR and it transmits the video to TV using
    TV ARC connection already in place. Kind of a pain in rear but at least I can use ATMOS this way for movies and games. Sucks that their flagship televisions do not allow ATMOS selection and can only use Dolby Digital+.....but so it goes. I wish the technicians
    would have known this and told people their tvs were not compatible with ATMOS rather than all the others I read that were having issues setting it up. So once I connected the XBOX to the HDMI port of television...I was able to install Dolby App and it automatically
    recognized as ATMOS device and works perfectly.
  5. FLAX24 Win User

Dolby Atmos delay on Xbox Series X

Have found that if I turn off Dolby atmos through the tv settings it helps with the delay. Digital sound out on auto and Dolby atmos setting off on tv only. My current set up is LG CX with Samsung Q850A Soundbar. Hope this helps.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Dolby Atmos movie stuttering

Hi CyberTek3,

Greetings! Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums. We are happy to help.

We understand that you are trying to have an excellent experience while watching movies in a home theater setup. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We are looking for related resources and what we found is a single support article for headset settings on Xbox which is far from this topic. This issue can be caused by the settings used for the Dolby Atmos and/or the movie app feature.

Please check other resources we have gather that is related to your concern.

Solved: Xbox, samsung tv and soundbar N950 - Samsung Community

Solved: N950 Soundbar - 4k pass through doesn’t work anymo... - Samsung Community

For now, we would suggest you to contact the right team - Get Help - Samsung Community and see if you can also raise a feedback to the movie app regarding the subtitles.

If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

Best way to setup my 75” Samsung QLED tv with my Samsung N950 soundbar/ Dolby Atmos with my...

1. Best way to setup my 75” Samsung QLED tv with my Samsung N950 soundbar/ Dolby Atmos with my... - Similar Threads - Best setup 75”

2. elches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ?

in XboX Insiders
    elches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ?: Welches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ? Welches ist am besten für Anfänger geeignet ? Und gibt es NAS-Betriebssysteme kostenlos ? Wir geben euch einen Überblick und...
  3. Best settings/setup for ASUS TUF VG27A monitor with Xbox Series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best settings/setup for ASUS TUF VG27A monitor with Xbox Series S?: I am looking for advice for the best way to calibrate or setup my Asus VG27A 1440p monitor with my Xbox series S. I’ve noticed with some games the graphics will appear a little fuzzy. I’ve also...
  4. What is the best setup for the Astro mixamp pro tr and the series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best setup for the Astro mixamp pro tr and the series x?: So I’ve been just using the standard usb to console setup but recently I’ve noticed a lot of crackling on my headphones (presumably because the micro doesn’t sit in the mixamp port very well),...
  5. : Best internet setup?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Best internet setup?: : Best internet setup? upgrade to complete wifi and get a disc dat next to your console and you can hardwire into the disc and the disc links to the router wirelessly, not change of password etc,...
  6. Best and reasonable stream setup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best and reasonable stream setup: All, Im trying to take an interest in things that my son (stepson) likes and he told me he would like to do a father/son stream. Would it be best to stick with mixer or twitch? Would we need...
  7. What is the best way to setup accounts, purchases, allowing others to play on my console...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is the best way to setup accounts, purchases, allowing others to play on my console...: What is the best way to setup accounts, purchases, allowing others to play on my console with their account? I want to be the only one who has access to settings, purchases, subscriptions, etc....
  8. Which Comcast/Xfinity setup and cable box provide the best OneGuide experience?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Which Comcast/Xfinity setup and cable box provide the best OneGuide experience?: I currently have just the Basic package from Xfinity (i.e.FOX, WCCO, WB, KMSP, etc.), though the Cisco RNG150N cable box. I do not have any HD channels, and the viewing experience on the OneGuide...
  9. Best Setup For Shared Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best Setup For Shared Xbox: Hi all, I work at a resort and we have two Xbox One consoles with 8 games for each. I am looking for a way to lock them down so that only the resort login and password is used on the systems....
  10. Best VPN Setup?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best VPN Setup?: I have to connect on my Xbox via VPN, because im on a university campus network. I use PureVPN because it was the cheapest and offered just as much as the other services, but I was wondering...