Best way to play together PC / xbox digital. . account set up / sharing / passes

Discus and support Best way to play together PC / xbox digital. . account set up / sharing / passes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I got gamepass for PC and love it. I want to play Sea of Thieves with my son. Today I bought a digital edition Xbox - I plan to get a full... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aethaeryn, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Aethaeryn
    Aethaeryn Guest

Best way to play together PC / xbox digital. . account set up / sharing / passes

Hello,

I got gamepass for PC and love it. I want to play Sea of Thieves with my son.

Today I bought a digital edition Xbox - I plan to get a full GamePass or GamePass Ultimate or whatever it is called.

What is the best way for me to go about this. . Here are the questions:

1) Will my account being on the system give his account online access as well? ie. . Will he be able to play Sea of thieves online or do I need another Gold Live type of access for him individually

2) I assume because the console came with Sea of Thieves and Minecraft that he will be able to play those games with me while I am playing on my PC. Are those games locked to an account on the digital edition? Do I need to 'claim' them with his account?"

If what I understand is correct My Game Pass Ultimate will give access to online play for anyone using that XBox so we should not have any problems. I just don't want to set anything up wrong and have to have two GamePass subscriptions when the console
    already came with the two games I expect (for now) we might play together or he might play online with a friend.

Any thoughts on how best to set this up?

:)

Aethaeryn, Nov 23, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Aethaeryn,

We thank you for the positive feedback regarding the Xbox Game Pass for PC subscription and are excited to hear that you are riding with Xbox for the foreseeable future! We will now be locking this thread since your questions have been answered and to prevent
    any repetitive answers.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don't forget to check out our support pages on
    support.xbox.com or you can always stop by here and create a new thread and we will be more than happy to help! Thank you and have a wonderful day!
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Aethaeryn,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer your questions as best as I can.

First and foremost, please make sure that you have created a Microsoft account for your son to use on his Xbox with the appropriate age settings and then add him as a child to your Microsoft Account Family settings from https://account.microsoft.com/family/.
    That way you don't have to share your account with him, he will have his own which you can manage through your own parent account through Microsoft Family settings.

1) Yes, through Xbox Home console sharing, you are able to share your active subscriptions and games with him once you add your account to the system, without your account needing to be signed in. Every account can have one Xbox designated as it's home console
    and is set by default once you add the account to the console and the account has no previous home console designations. More information can be found here: https://support.xbox.com/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

2) Correct, I would redeem those codes for the games onto your son's account therefore those games are his to own and play in the event your subscription expires and he no longer has access to Sea of Thieves or other games on the Game Pass subscription.
    Digital games are locked to the account they are redeemed or purchased on and only the account that owns the games can play them, unless you've got the console sharing set up to allow other profiles on the same Xbox to play a game that the profile may not
    own but one of the other account's does. Offline play or sharing on a Windows 10 PC works in a different way and is a completely different story but in short, the account needs to have a valid license from redemption or purchase to actually play a game on
    any device or have the required subscription. As long as you're sharing with him, you won't need to buy a second Ultimate subscription to apply on his account.

Just add your account to his Xbox and set up a passkey or lock it down with your account password so there are no unauthorized logins to your account and then give it a try! Those games you mention are cross platform so you both should be able to play at
    the same time on your own respective devices. Don't forget to send each other friend invites through Xbox Live so you can party up! Let us know if you have any other questions!
  4. Aethaeryn Win User

Fantastic, thank you. . and great job with Game Pass. I have now bought an XBox, am looking forward to XCloud and will likely buy the new XBox when it is released. . all due to GamePass for PC :)
  5. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Game Pass PC/children xbox accounts

Hello, to share games you must be sharing your xbox console as home console. Everyone logged in on that console will share xbox live and any digital games download and some DLC when applable. Game pass ultimate can be shared also as long as the main account
    owner who purchased it has the console set to XBox home then it can be shared. Play anywhere games are games that can be played on console, pc and phone if avail. Start one place playing and put up where you left off on the available electronics. Only thing
    is PC and console are different when it comes to buying things. Pc game pass is not like XBox Game pass.
  6. choppyseize Win User

Xbox Games Pass

To add to Onyx's statement.

Once the account with the GamePass subscription is set as the home xbox account. Other users can share the subscription on that console using their own accounts. You then could sign your profile into the PC and play Xbox play anywhere titles together that
    way.
Thema:

1. Best way to play together PC / xbox digital. . account set up / sharing / passes - Similar Threads - Best play together

2. When will Diablo 2 Resurrected be added to the GamePass? (PC+X-Box +cross play at best)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When will Diablo 2 Resurrected be added to the GamePass? (PC+X-Box +cross play at best): Just what the title says. thx 2dae4b56-d226-4cea-8383-91d1f2ff3377
  3. Xbox Elite controller 2. Why I think this is the best device to play at computer? And...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite controller 2. Why I think this is the best device to play at computer? And...: In this year I set a goal to update my game controller to computer. I use 4 year Steam controller to play games at computer. I start find best new device at world market. Main criteria for new...
  4. Hmmm "For the best play experience - please use a supported browser"

in XboX Insiders
    Hmmm "For the best play experience - please use a supported browser": Ok. So is this absolute bollocks or what. But opening up xbox cloud beta on a webpage other than Edge gives you the above message. Is this a deliberate attempt by microsoft to push you into using...
  5. What is the best game to play when you are sad?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is the best game to play when you are sad?: what is the game that always cheers youo up from a bad day?, do you like to play solo or online?, well in my case my favorite game to play when im sad is minecraft because it brings me nostalgia...
  6. Best game to play in project xcloud

in XboX Insiders
    Best game to play in project xcloud: [IMG] submitted by /u/Grouchy_Guarantee [link] [comments]
  7. The best game mush play in project xcloud

in XboX Insiders
    The best game mush play in project xcloud: [IMG] submitted by /u/Grouchy_Guarantee [link] [comments]
  8. Best excuse you've ever made to get out of work to play a game on the release date?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best excuse you've ever made to get out of work to play a game on the release date?: When I was in the Navy, I put in a leave request to go to a wedding when Halo 3 launched. 81d9b3d2-0916-4145-b952-8fa80705dda6
  9. Best games to play with preschoolers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best games to play with preschoolers: I am just introducing my daughter to xbox and wondering what games you have found good to get kids used to twin stick controls. So far we have play Disneyland and My Brother Rabbit which she...
  10. What is the best way to setup accounts, purchases, allowing others to play on my console...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is the best way to setup accounts, purchases, allowing others to play on my console...: What is the best way to setup accounts, purchases, allowing others to play on my console with their account? I want to be the only one who has access to settings, purchases, subscriptions, etc....