Best Settings on Samsung 4K UHD 50'' TV (RU7100) for Gaming

Discus and support Best Settings on Samsung 4K UHD 50'' TV (RU7100) for Gaming in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought a new 50'' 4K UHD TV (RU7100) along with Red Dead Redemption 2 for my Xbox One S. I was really excited to see how awesome the graphics... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EricRothrock, Aug 30, 2019.

1. EricRothrock
    EricRothrock Guest

I just bought a new 50'' 4K UHD TV (RU7100) along with Red Dead Redemption 2 for my Xbox One S. I was really excited to see how awesome the graphics would look on the TV but after countless hours tweaking the settings and reading articles/watching videos
    on the best settings I've come to the conclusion that I need some help! haha I really like the vibrant, bright colors while playing RDR2 on the "dynamic" setting with the "game mode" set to "off" but I feel like the graphics are still a bit "flat". In "game
    mode" I know it helps with the the lag time but it significantly takes away from the HDR vibrant colors. I've turned off game mode, all the eco system settings, and as stated earlier I've tweaked and tried all the different settings on the tv and my xbox.
    I'm just underwhelmed when it comes to the details and sharpness of the graphics. I can post a picture if that helps anyone. Is there a special cord I'm missing? Or some hidden setting? Below I'll list out what I'm currently running. Please let me know if
    there's anything I didn't mention or offer any advice you may have!

TV Settings

My two favorite picture modes are "dynamic'' and "movie"

Ambient Light - Turned off

Motion Lighting - Turned off

Auto Motion Plus - Turned off

Digital Clean View - Turned on

Contrast Enhancer - Turned to low or high

Game Mode - Turned off

Picture Size - 16:9 Standard

Xbox One Settings

Screen Resolution - 4K UHD

Allow 50Hz - Turned on

Allow 24Hz - Turned on

Allow YCC 4:2:2 - Turned on

Video Fidelity - Auto Detect

Color Depth - 36 bits per pixel (12-bit)

:)

EricRothrock, Aug 30, 2019
  2. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

I agree with GroundOregano94 its the best site to get settings and reviews on tvs. I always use them
  3. Zero420override Win User

There are so many different choices and to be honest everyone has a different preference. Here's a link to an article that I think might be what you're looking for.

Best settings for UHD gaming on Samsung TVs

Hope this helps

Keep Calm & Game On!
  4. EricRothrock Win User

Thank you all for the support and suggestions! I really appreciate it! If there's a way, I want to give you all the credit for the awesome support everyone provided. Later this evening I plan on checking out the links and hopefully getting this resolved!
    One of you commented "I know picture settings can become frustrating and changing them can become obsessive" well I'm not gonna lie, I'm glad to hear someone say that! haha I may have become a little obsessive over these
    dang settings. It's to the point where I've been adjusting the settings and tweaking things more than actually playing and enjoying the game smh hahaha Again I really appreciate all of your help and I'll come back here to let ya'll know what I found to work.
  5. sandy the hippy Win User

Below is a link to a calibrated setup guide for your specific tv make and model, it will walk you through and explain each setting, and the best options for various uses, give.it a try and let us know what you think

Calibrated Tv settings
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

It seems never ending. I'm constantly fiddling with mine and still cant get it right.

So many people have different opinions that seem to clash.
Thema:

1. Best Settings on Samsung 4K UHD 50'' TV (RU7100) for Gaming - Similar Threads - Best Settings Samsung

2. Xbox X + Sony TV best visual settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X + Sony TV best visual settings: Dear Community, Finally I switched from the One S to Xbox X. My setup is with Sony KD-65XH9096. The signal goes directly from the console to the TV. Then another HDMI from the TV to Soundbar...
  3. Best video settings to use with new gaming monitor on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best video settings to use with new gaming monitor on Series X: Hi I am using a Xbox Series X and just got a HyperX Armada 27 ([link](https://hyperx.com/products/hyperx-armada-27-gaming-monitor?variant=42751899435165)) - don't worry, only paid $180 for it haha...
  4. Hi. I have 3 teens with an xbox series s each. What is the best way to set these up as they...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi. I have 3 teens with an xbox series s each. What is the best way to set these up as they...: Hi. I have 3 teens with an xbox series s each in the house. What is the best way to set these up as they all have email addresses and gamer tags and i am in danger of having multiple...
  5. What is the best way to set up a child's Xbox account to allow time limits and for him to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is the best way to set up a child's Xbox account to allow time limits and for him to...: Forgive me if this has been answered, I was unable to find a satisfactory answer after much time spent researching the topic... About a year ago, my son got an Xbox. I think it is an Xbox One S....
  6. Best Way to Set Up Multiple Xbox's

in XBoX Accessibility
    Best Way to Set Up Multiple Xbox's: Hello All, I have been gaming since the 90's but a little lost with how best to set up multiple Xbox's. I currently have 3, but 2 are only used for streaming not gaming anymore but the few times...
  7. Best way to set up a second Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best way to set up a second Xbox One S: I purchased a second Xbox One S and I am now understanding that you cannot have both assigned to the same account without one logging off when you want to use the other. I purchased it to mainly...
  8. Best way to play together PC / xbox digital. . account set up / sharing / passes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best way to play together PC / xbox digital. . account set up / sharing / passes: Hello, I got gamepass for PC and love it. I want to play Sea of Thieves with my son. Today I bought a digital edition Xbox - I plan to get a full GamePass or GamePass Ultimate or whatever it is...
  9. How should I set my audio settings to get the best quality sound from my headphones

in XBoX Accessibility
    How should I set my audio settings to get the best quality sound from my headphones: I have a Xbox one s and when playing fortnite I use my headset how should I set my audio to get the best quality sound using my headphones? A fortnite friend me said something about setting my...
  10. The Crew 2 looks set to be the best game to hit Xbox One in 2018

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Crew 2 looks set to be the best game to hit Xbox One in 2018: It's the weekend, yay. What's everyone's opinions about THE CREW 2?.... You can race in it (like Forza), you can free roam probably in it (like Forza Horizon series), night driving, dynamic...