Best audio settings for Series X with Sonos Arc and Samsung TU8000 playing DTS and other...

Discus and support Best audio settings for Series X with Sonos Arc and Samsung TU8000 playing DTS and other... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my Soundbar to a Sonos Arc. I've got everything up and running, but unsure about how to get the best sound on certain blu-ray discs... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by jaysun834, Jul 14, 2022.

1. jaysun834
    jaysun834 Guest

Best audio settings for Series X with Sonos Arc and Samsung TU8000 playing DTS and other...

I recently upgraded my Soundbar to a Sonos Arc. I've got everything up and running, but unsure about how to get the best sound on certain blu-ray discs . My setup is as follows:

Xbox into HDMI 1 on the Samsung TV

Sonos Arc into HDMI2 (eArc) on th Samsung TV

TV settings:

eArc mode > Auto

Digital Output > Pass-through

Dolby Atmos compatability: On

Xbox Settings:

Speaker Audio > Dolby Atmos for home theater

Allow Passthrough > On

Blu-ray > Let receiver decode audio (sometimes on, sometimes not)

So the snag with my set-up is my TV can't pass through lots of different audio. It's fine with Atmos and regular Dolby Digital. But it can't pass DTS and some other discs I've tried. It will throw that error saying the receiver can't handle it and to try turning off "Let receiver decode audio".

So if I do that I can play all the other blu-rays, but I'm unsure what exactly the Xbox is doing in the conversion process and what is going to get me the best sound out of my set-up.

Whatever the Speaker Audio on the Xbox is set to is what will show up in the Sonos App for the type of Audio it receives. So obviously the Xbox is taking the audio track and converting it to whatever is currently selected. Like I can have a MONO disc and it will show Atmos if that is the setting.

So what should I do for the various other formats that show up on blu-rays? Mainly DTS 5.1 and DTS 2.0.

My 3 options the Xbox allows are STEREO UNCOMPRESSED, DOLBY DIGITAL and DOLBY ATMOS which is based on what my system can apparently handle down stream.

Is it better to just keep it set to Atmos all the time, or will the Xbox do stuff to 5.1 tracks that make them further from the actual mix if I do this?

And if I keep the blu-ray "let my receiver decode" set to off, but am playing a disc with an ATMOS track is it the same as when it just passes through, or is the Xbox doing anything to the track before it hits the TV>Soundbar?

I'm fine with toggling a few things every once and a while based on what I'm watching, but I just don't know what is best. I just want it to be as close how it was mixed based on whatever audio track the disc comes with.

Thanks,

Jason

:)

jaysun834, Jul 14, 2022
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: