Being in a discord call crashes any games

Discus and support Being in a discord call crashes any games in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, i'm using a beta rig and i have this really, really annoying glitch where being in a discord call will eventually crash my games, kick me back to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Thepaneswo, Aug 21, 2023.

1. Being in a discord call crashes any games

Hi, i'm using a beta rig and i have this really, really annoying glitch where being in a discord call will eventually crash my games, kick me back to home and not let me launch any game until i restart my console. Not only that but sometimes the "join a server" just disappears from the side menu and won't come back, even after restarting.

I'm not even sure how i can reproduce this besides being in a call, and it can be from 5 minutes to several hours for it to happen.

I'm just wondering if anyone has gone trough something similar, as i can't find anyone else with this same issue as me.

submitted by /u/Thepaneswo
    [link] [comments]

/u/Thepaneswo, Aug 21, 2023
  2. Jay Jay5 Win User

Losing my mind trying to fix my game crashes

The only other game that I play is League of Legends and it never crashes.

GPU is the latest driver using DDU and direct download.

Windows is up to date.

No applications that could be causing issues are running.

I've noticed that Discord crashes when the game crashes/runs out of memory.

I have set Discord and Steam not to use hardware acceleration.

What do I choose for compatibility mode? Windows 8?

What is the best way to check overheating issues with the GPU? Any recommended programs?

The game's team is EA which is notorious for being bad.
  3. iDiLLiCiOuS Win User

Microsoft Wireless Headset - Sound Issues

This still does not stop the sound from being muted when in a call. Is it not possible to be in a discord call on the PC and hear in game sounds while using this headset?
  4. Jhonkito Win User

Games crush when discord are running

Hi, Sajjad my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

Fix #1: Disable hardware acceleration
    Hardware acceleration is a feature in Discord that tasks the GPU with all the graphics and text rendering, thereby giving you a smoother Discord experience. However, if Discord on your PC keeps crashing with this feature on, you may try to turn it off, to see if it fixes the issue.

In Discord, navigate to User Settings and click on it.

In the left pane, scroll down to Appearance. Then in the right pane, scroll down to Hardware Acceleration and make sure it’s turned off.

Try streaming games in Discord again and check if the crashing in Discord issue is fixed. If yes, then congrats! If the issue remains, don’t worry – there are two more fixes for you to try.

Fix #2: Delete Discord app data
    Deleting the app data will fix the issue if the crashing problem is caused by corrupt files or cache. Here is how to do it:

On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type %AppData%\ and press Enter.

In the Discord folder, double click on the Cache folder to open it.

Inside the Cache folder, press Ctrl and A at the same time to select all the files, then right click and select Delete.

Go back to the Discord folder, and double click on the Local Storage folder.

Again, delete all the files from the Local Storage folder.

Open Discord to see if the crashing issue still occurs. If it doesn’t occur, then you have fixed the issue! If it’s still no joy, please try Fix 3, below.

Fix #3: Install the latest version of Discord
    If the above fixes fail to solve the problem, it’s recommended that you clear the old folders of Discord and give it a reinstall. Here are the steps on how to do it:

On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type %AppData%\ and press Enter.

Locate the Discord folder, then right-click on it and select delete the delete the whole folder.

In the address bar, type %LocalAppData% and press Enter.

Right-click on the Discord folder and delete it.

Confirm any additional prompts when asked.

On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.

Locate Discord, then right-click on it and click Uninstall

Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Download Discord from its official website and install Discord.

Run Discord to see if the crashing issue is fixed.

Information source (Credits): Note: The credits for this message go to the page midwestgamefest since his publication was the basis for obtaining said information,. I hope this information has been useful to you.

https://www.midwestgamefest.org/faq...s-crashing-or-behaving-strangely-what-do-i-do

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Microsoft Edge on console crashing on Discord calls.

Hi Shan, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, reset your console.

You can follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Let me know if it works!
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Microsoft Edge on console crashing on Discord calls.

Thema:

Being in a discord call crashes any games

1. Being in a discord call crashes any games - Similar Threads - Being discord call

2. How can I fix the discord server call option being unavailable?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I fix the discord server call option being unavailable?: The discord server view option has completely disappeared. It should display Discord underneath Start a party, but that option isn't there. I've restarted my Xbox, reconnected my xbox account to...
  3. Mic not being picked up with discord server

in XboX Insiders
    Mic not being picked up with discord server: I’m trying to troubleshoot an issue with my Xbox. The issue is that when I connect my regular gaming headset to discord the mic stops working and no one can hear me. The headset works if I am in...
  4. Help! Discord is being dumb and is unable to connect to a voice channel.

in XboX Insiders
    Help! Discord is being dumb and is unable to connect to a voice channel.: So I’m tying to talk with my friend and stuff and randomly when I try to join my Xbox is unable to connect to the discord voice channel. I tried restarting my WiFi and unplugging my Xbox and all...
  5. How can I fix not being able to link my discord to my xbox.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I fix not being able to link my discord to my xbox.: I have tried many times to re link my discord but it always says I need to relink it I know it isn't an issue with discord because I tried making a new discord account and the same thing happened....
  6. Xbox keeps wanting me to relink Discord despite being already linked.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox keeps wanting me to relink Discord despite being already linked.: I need help, my xbox one is saying I need to relink my Discord account despite already being linked and even after unlinking and relinking the accounts Xbox is still requiring me to relink my...
  7. Xbox Streaming To Discord Not Being Given

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Streaming To Discord Not Being Given: I joined the insider program on my xbox one when they announced discord streaming from xbox and I still don't have it. Could this be because I just joined or is it just not giving it to me?...
  8. Game Activity in Discord can't be disabled on Xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Activity in Discord can't be disabled on Xbox: Hello, does anyone know how to hide my Activity Status (Rich Presence)? When I play in Xbox my Discord account show my activity to everyone even though I disabled it on my PC...
  9. Will we be able to talk to discord voice chat and still hear the in-game voice chat in the...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Will we be able to talk to discord voice chat and still hear the in-game voice chat in the...: We don't have to be able to talk to the game chat while in a discord party, but it gets kind of annoying how PC players are able to talk in Discord and in the game at the same time. At this point...
  10. Why does discord require xbox series x to be restarted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does discord require xbox series x to be restarted?: for about 2 months my xbox has to be fully restarted in order to get discord to connect on Xbox series x. Otherwise it gets stuck in a connection loop. Works perfectly once restarted. However, if...