"Because of past behavior you cannot edit your account"

Discus and support "Because of past behavior you cannot edit your account" in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; WHAT?!?! I have done nothing at all to earn that smack down. I haven't even been on my XBOX Windows 10 Console Companion since I lived in South... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by David Penland, Jun 15, 2023.

1. "Because of past behavior you cannot edit your account"

WHAT?!?! I have done nothing at all to earn that smack down. I haven't even been on my XBOX Windows 10 Console Companion since I lived in South Carolina something like 7-8 years ago. What the heck is the deal? I purchased Diablo IV Ultimate Edition and noticed I needed to update my location, went to do that, and went to update some of the other aspects of it but it refuses to allow me to change my bio. Check this out... It USED to say about 20 minutes ago "Nazi-punching gold-digger from South Carolina"... because I prospect for gold and am an archaeologist (Indiana Jones joke). But I tried to edit it to "Nazi-punching archaeologist from Texas" , since that is where I now live and it changed all of that statement to "Nazi-punching, gold-digger from Texas"... Yet will not let me alter the 'gold-digger' part in that statement, or the 'Nazi-punching' part of the statement. It did however change the state from South Carolina to Texas... WTH???? When I go to try to edit it I get a message telling me I can't, yet it did actually change one part of it... What is the deal with that??? No one to contact at Microsoft to ask that question either... so here I am...

Ideas???

:)

David Penland, Jun 15, 2023
  2. DPenhead Win User

In order to r3espond to you I had to look up your name on the community forums and then find my question under your name. I couldn't find it in the forums while looking for it and I couldn't go to it from my work email, so this has taken me a few days to get back to you, in the midst of other IT issues, as well as life...

I went to Battle.net and then contacted them directly. I removed the sale of Diablo IV from the Microsoft store, then instead purchased it from Battle.net... and it works... Your store is not handling that downland and purchases correctly, but that is not my problem unless that is all related to what you have done to restrict my account...
  3. DPenhead Win User

I have been too busy in life, and I have not been able to answer any questions... For starters, you are sending responses to my corporate email account. Coporate IT refuses to allow me to answer you and I am supposed to block you for doing that. I couldn't answer you on my work email if I wanted to... No idea why you are reaching out to me at work instead of my personal email, but maybe that is somehow on my side of things. Idk... This whole problem is a problem...

I do not have some sort of custom avatar. I have no idea how or why to do that. I just have a generic one that Microsoft offered me.

I haven't been on that account in several years, but I for SURE have not done anything that Microsoft is convinced I have done. Pretty irritating to have them address me as if that is the case though. Maybe Microsoft IT should change some of the wording on that error message to reflect individuals that have not done what they are accused of.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello David Penland,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description, you are trying to edit your account profile for your Microsoft account after moving and is unable to because of an error message. Let us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured that will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern.

If we may ask, what specific error message or error code when changing some information of your account? Are you trying to change your gamertag? Let us know so that we can provide enough information on how to resolve your concern.

For the meantime, take time to read the article provided in the link below to know more on what to do when moving to a new country or region:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Because of your past behavior

Hey there!

You can check the status of any Enforcement related actions through our
    Xbox Enforcement
    page. We're unable to assist directly with enforcement related inquiries here on the Xbox Support forums. Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. "Because of past behavior you cannot edit your account" - Similar Threads - past behavior cannot

2. I can’t play Dying Light Multiplayer Because It says due to past behavior I can’t play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play Dying Light Multiplayer Because It says due to past behavior I can’t play...: I load in to dying light first thing this morning and I see i cant play multiplayer because or my past behavior a7e77d47-26a0-42e2-81e2-f7de5f7c300d
  3. cant upload custom gamerpic because of past behavior

in XBoX on Mobile
    cant upload custom gamerpic because of past behavior: So i just got off a 1 day suspension because my sister was on my account and texted my friend and keep in mind this is the ONLY time that ive gotten one and it says i cant upload a custom gamerpic...
  4. Reputation pristine still not able to change Avatar because of past behavior????????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reputation pristine still not able to change Avatar because of past behavior????????: On my windows 10 PC, I cannot change the Avatar for my windows PC games. (Solitaire, Mahjong etc.) My reputation score is green and I've never been in trouble. Yet, when I try to change my game...
  5. Due to my past behavior I cannot edit my profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Due to my past behavior I cannot edit my profile?: About two weeks ago I tried to edit my profile picture and it would not allow me to do so I just need a step in the right direction. Can anybody help me with that please?...
  6. Can't change profile info because of "past behavior"

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change profile info because of "past behavior": Hello, I want to change my gamer-tag in the Xbox Companion app on Windows 10, but I can't, because it says near the bottom of the screen, "you can't change your profile because of your past...
  7. "Because of your past behavior you cannot play multiplayer games online"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Because of your past behavior you cannot play multiplayer games online": I don't know what I did to deserve this, it's pretty stupid because I talk and play with 4 other of my friends 2dc2de32-4008-474d-beae-2cc53383bf00
  8. My Xbox says because of your past behavior you cannot play multiplayer games online

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox says because of your past behavior you cannot play multiplayer games online: As u can see by the title I can't play online but the last thing I did was play with my friend can somebody help me please 118d8563-f86e-4835-83df-f59faa269573
  9. "Because of your past behavior, you cannot send messages"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Because of your past behavior, you cannot send messages": What the **** did I do!?! I didn't get any Emails or anything. Was I hacked? f207f6b5-2df9-4298-8747-53910ac75482
  10. Cannot join a party chat due to past behavior? :/

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot join a party chat due to past behavior? :/: Hello my name is Julian i had just came back home yesterday from the army base have a 4 day vacation till i head back i was wondering why i wasnt able to join a party chat to talk to one of my...