Batman - Arkham City freezing all games loading

Discus and support Batman - Arkham City freezing all games loading in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It's quite possible that this has something (somehow) to do with the Catwoman DLC - been reading sketchy things about that. But here's the full scoop:... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hyrule Champion, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Batman - Arkham City freezing all games loading

It's quite possible that this has something (somehow) to do with the Catwoman DLC - been reading sketchy things about that. But here's the full scoop:

Bought Arkham City digital download a while back, started playing last week. Been playing just fine, always ignored the Catwoman DLC cause I was too busy enjoying the main game to care. The other day I figured I would download it while watching a movie -
    somehow the download must have cancelled or stalled, didn't really care much.

Today the game failed to load - immediate black screen stall. I can pull up the Xbox menu, though choosing Dashboard or anything to come out of the game just freezes the Xbox completely. I can still turn off with a long-press home. This is also somehow stopping
    all other games from working - the all have the same black screen stall/freeze when loading (both disc and download, full and arcade).

I deleted the DLC partial download, cleared the cache, deleted and re-dowloaded the game, moved save game to the cloud, deleted the skin pack, disconnected from internet....all no success. When Arkham City was deleted, other games started working again.

Is there anything else anyone can suggest to try? Will call tech support - hoping not to take up the rest of an already long evening with this.

:)

Hyrule Champion, Jul 30, 2014
  2. Anyone not enjoy it as much as Asylum?

Batman Arkham City was better than Arkham Asylum in practically every way a video game could outdue its predacessor.
    Batman Arkham City is the best Batman video game ever created IMO.

CORPSE THROWER, Jul 30, 2014
  3. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    Saving

Which Batman game, there have been quite a few.

Lego Batman?

Batman Arkham Asylum?

Batman Arkham City?

Lego Batman 2?

Shaggy2000, Jul 30, 2014
  4. Batman - Arkham City freezing all games loading

Seems like Xbox live service issues may have been a factor - worked eventually last night. However tonight a different game game a black screen freeze again. Seemed to work better by loading the game and then signing in to my gamertag?

Hyrule Champion, Jul 31, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Batman - Arkham City freezing all games loading