Banned after someone messages me insulting me!

Discus and support Banned after someone messages me insulting me! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been suspended for 2 weeks after beating someone on for honor and they got angry and sent me a message calling me a noob call. I then replied... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Scrappy88, May 8, 2017.

1. Banned after someone messages me insulting me!

I have been suspended for 2 weeks after beating someone on for honor and they got angry and sent me a message calling me a noob call. I then replied with calling him a dead f***. Now yes i used a "bad word" but I'm not the one who started the insults!!!!
    Where I come from an insult is an insult. How is it you can get suspended after an exchange that you didn't even start! What happened to the trash talk?!?! I don't think you should be able to get someone banned once it becomes a back and forth. At that point
    he knew what he was doing and we agreed to exchange insults. I could understand if I sent him a message 1st insulting him but he messaged me 1st! He then sent a follow up message saying "enjoy the ban" he knew he was baiting me. That's not right AT ALL. And
    now customer service in the "infinite wisdom" can't help me. Says "submit a ticket" as if that does anything at all. This is crazy what happened to gaming? Trash talk used to be part of the fun! I think it's time to make a switch.

:)

The Scrappy88, May 8, 2017
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

It doesn't matter who starts it, if you retaliate in a way that violates the code of conduct you are equally responsible. It's best to report those people instead of responding to them.

Smwutches, May 8, 2017
  3. Banned after someone messages me insulting me!

I have been suspended for 2 weeks after beating someone on for honor and they got angry and sent me a message calling me a noob call. I then replied with calling him a dead f***. Now yes i used a "bad word" but I'm not the one who started the insults!!!!
    Where I come from an insult is an insult. How is it you can get suspended after an exchange that you didn't even start! What happened to the trash talk?!?! I don't think you should be able to get someone banned once it becomes a back and forth. At that point
    he knew what he was doing and we agreed to exchange insults. I could understand if I sent him a message 1st insulting him but he messaged me 1st! He then sent a follow up message saying "enjoy the ban" he knew he was baiting me. That's not right AT ALL. And
    now customer service in the "infinite wisdom" can't help me. Says "submit a ticket" as if that does anything at all. This is crazy what happened to gaming? Trash talk used to be part of the fun! I think it's time to make a switch.

4. Banned after someone messages me insulting me!

and now they won't let me edit my post. I think when you message someone there should not be a report button at all. You agreed to talk to them when you sent them a message. If you don't like what they have to say after that.... BLOCK THEM. It's like not
    liking what is on tv so you call the cable company and tell them to change it. Instead of changing it yourself!

5. Boidster
    Boidster Guest
    How is it you can get suspended after an exchange that you didn't even start! What happened to the trash talk?!?! I don't think you should be able to get someone banned once it becomes a back and forth. At that point
    he knew what he was doing and we agreed to exchange insults.

I agree that people should understand going in what exactly they are agreeing to, and what will be expected of them.

Microsoft’s Code of Conduct Explained for Xbox Live Customers

Boidster, May 8, 2017
  6. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    it doesn't matter who starts the fight if you retailiate in anyway that violates that terms of use you will also be punished

Just like in school

You aren't immune to the rules

You must use the tools you arw givrn block report and mute

ngocphi, May 9, 2017
  7. Qualedog
    Qualedog Guest
    This is what the modern generation of gamers do nowadays. They message you slandering you, in order to bait you into replying and then once you do they report you for offensive messaging.

Its a ridiculous system.

Qualedog, May 15, 2017
  8. User 9242019
    User 9242019 Guest

If you had any sense you would ignore the bait, report and block the player and move on, like an adult. Posting in multiple threads in the forums isn't the way to fix your rep. It doesn't matter what you think of the system, you just have to behave within
    it's constraints. If you can't or won't, there are consequences.

User 9242019, May 15, 2017
  9. Qualedog
    Qualedog Guest
    Jayadub, im posting in multiple threads because these people deserve to know why they are having their rep lowered.

The fact of the matter is if you haven't got an "avoid me" rep then you're lucky enough to play games that dont contain toxic players. Anyone that plays gears knows how toxic the players are.

I rarely respond to the slander that people send me, i was merely explaining to the OP what people try to do. Yes, if you are worked up enough to respond then there will be consequences

I do behave within the constraints. I don't use voice chat, i don't cheat in games, i don't hack, I don't t-bag, teamkill, steal kills or trash talk players. Im also a player that always plays the objectives.

If someone reports me for winning a game, when all i have done is play the game then what more could i have done? When all i do is play a game like any other human being, how can i "behave" when i'm not "misbehaving?

The fact is, if you win against someone or kill them they can report you for cheating and the system accepts the report as legitimate.

The issue isn't a flawed player, the issue is a flawed reputation system.

Qualedog, May 15, 2017
  10. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    except you are giving theatre incorrect info

It would help them more if you actually use the actual info

Enforcement.xbox.com under rep

It is not your opinion that counts

It is the opinion of your community

That's what you guys aren't getting

It is actually your behaviour and you are only proving them right time and time again

By being a bad sportman

Only by changing your behaviour will your rep be fixed

And just like Jay said your behaviour has everything to do withbit

How you are acting by posting incorrect info is unsportmanlike so what part of that is untrue?

Oh they are sore losers that's why they reportrd me

And yes the system does check and it's a human verification

ngocphi, May 15, 2017
  11. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    as the moderator said it doesn't matter who starts the fight you break the rules you get punished it's not rocket science nor is your issue related

Not to mention it's offtopic

ngocphi, May 15, 2017
  12. Qualedog
    Qualedog Guest
    youre not treating me with respect nor are you showing fairness towards me so you must be being unsportsmanlike too? There is a difference between showing a lack of sportsmanship and people reporting you because they THINK you are too good, or are cheating.

I mean you can play the objective, not steal kill, no trash talk and still someone could percieve you As unsportsmanlike. By definition you arent but in someones opinion you are.

Surely you can see the problem with that?

Qualedog, Nov 1, 2018
  13. Qualedog Win User

Jayadub, im posting in multiple threads because these people deserve to know why they are having their rep lowered.

The fact of the matter is if you haven't got an "avoid me" rep then you're lucky enough to play games that dont contain toxic players. Anyone that plays gears knows how toxic the players are.

I rarely respond to the slander that people send me, i was merely explaining to the OP what people try to do. Yes, if you are worked up enough to respond then there will be consequences

I do behave within the constraints. I don't use voice chat, i don't cheat in games, i don't hack, I don't t-bag, teamkill, steal kills or trash talk players. Im also a player that always plays the objectives.

If someone reports me for winning a game, when all i have done is play the game then what more could i have done? When all i do is play a game like any other human being, how can i "behave" when i'm not "misbehaving?

The fact is, if you win against someone or kill them they can report you for cheating and the system accepts the report as legitimate.

14. An Old Freak Win User

You admit to violating the
    Code of Conduct
    , that shows you are taking responsibility. Just because someone else violates the code does not make it right for another person to respond in the same manner. If someone sends you offensive messages you have the option(s) to report and
    block that person.

Most gamers are tired of the hostility and nastiness they encounter online and Xbox is a friendly gaming platform that will not tolerate the behavior.
  15. ngocphi Win User

as the moderator said it doesn't matter who starts the fight you break the rules you get punished it's not rocket science nor is your issue related

Not to mention it's offtopic
  16. ngocphi Win User

except you are giving theatre incorrect info

It would help them more if you actually use the actual info

Enforcement.xbox.com under rep

It is not your opinion that counts

It is the opinion of your community

That's what you guys aren't getting

It is actually your behaviour and you are only proving them right time and time again

By being a bad sportman

Only by changing your behaviour will your rep be fixed

And just like Jay said your behaviour has everything to do withbit

How you are acting by posting incorrect info is unsportmanlike so what part of that is untrue?

Oh they are sore losers that's why they reportrd me

And yes the system does check and it's a human verification
  17. Smwutches Win User

It doesn't matter who starts it, if you retaliate in a way that violates the code of conduct you are equally responsible. It's best to report those people instead of responding to them.
Thema:

1. Banned after someone messages me insulting me! - Similar Threads - Banned someone messages

2. Can someone explain why I got banned

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can someone explain why I got banned: I got banned for accidentally putting kill ur self I ment to put go heal ur self on fortnite c1e189d7-b701-43b9-a34b-040d05a8d3b1
  3. How do I get my bans lifted if someone else has been signing into my account and purposely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my bans lifted if someone else has been signing into my account and purposely...: I gave my account information to my ex because we used to play games together and I shared mine with him. Lately he’s been logging onto my account and saying things to his friends account which...
  4. What to do when someone sells you a banned Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    What to do when someone sells you a banned Xbox 360: I got a Xbox 360 and when plugging it in it says it is banned is there anything that can be done? b4f561fe-2050-42ef-b33f-5d11f4af69e8
  5. How do i get rid of an enforcement after someone founf out my info and got me ban from...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i get rid of an enforcement after someone founf out my info and got me ban from...: I got an enforcement after someone figured out my info and i changed it and got an enforcement how do i get rid of it. *** Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Account management...
  6. Why was I banned for calling someone a <removed>? Which means wannabe gangster , but he can...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why was I banned for calling someone a <removed>? Which means wannabe gangster , but he can...: Why was I banned for calling someone a <removed>? Which means wannabe gangster , but he can taunt and team kill as well say whatever in voice chat and no penalty? I don't understand the...
  7. What if I didn’t do anything and got banned on Xbox someone called me a slur and I got...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What if I didn’t do anything and got banned on Xbox someone called me a slur and I got...: I got banned for someone calling me a slur ? I didn’t say anything and I was in a party with my friend the whole day i didn’t do anything and I would like unbanned so I can play the game instead...
  8. My account was banned because someone logged into my account and spam reported messages...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was banned because someone logged into my account and spam reported messages...: What will I do-? They spammed over 20 messages of hate and blatant malice to their main account to get back at me for something, and I have attempted to appeal the enforcement's which will last...
  9. Why is it that Microsoft will not ban someone harassing me but bans my friend for messaging...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that Microsoft will not ban someone harassing me but bans my friend for messaging...: I have someone on Xbox that is constantly messaging me outta the blue calling me names an bullying me an harassing me and Microsoft isn't doing anything. I have reported him multiple times already...
  10. So I received a 8 day ban for messaging someone about their gamertag on Xbox his Gamertag...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I received a 8 day ban for messaging someone about their gamertag on Xbox his Gamertag...: I received a 8 day ban for messaging a Xbox Live user asking why his friend and him repeatedly held me and my teammates in spawn on HALO, not giving us a chance to defend ourselves the Gamertag of...