Banned 5 year old gamertag, now forced to pay for name change. Enforcement team = a joke

Discus and support Banned 5 year old gamertag, now forced to pay for name change. Enforcement team = a joke in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I created my gamertag 5 years ago called Rofl Harris. There is a famous person called Rolf Harris this was just a slight change of his name rofl... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KindFoal7634767, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Banned 5 year old gamertag, now forced to pay for name change. Enforcement team = a joke

I created my gamertag 5 years ago called Rofl Harris. There is a famous person called Rolf Harris this was just a slight change of his name rofl instead of rolf , now again this gamertag name was made 5 YEARS AGO. Now since in the last few years Rolf Harris
    has come to a lot of attention in the media due to his wrong doings which again my account was in no way offensive to this as this was made 3 years ago way way way before he was charged or accused of any wrong doings.

How is it fair that because a man becomes a sex offender I have to suffer. You change my gamertag to the gayest piece of steaming turd around and say pay £7.20 or whatever it is to change my gamertag?

Again I just fail to see how me using Rofl Harris instead of Rolf Harris is offensive when my intention was never to offend it was just a witty thing I had in my head 1 day 5 years ago

:)

KindFoal7634767, Aug 23, 2016
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Gamer Tag Forcibly Changed

Sorry, but there is no way to get a free name change. That is the new policy for forced name changes. You have to pay to change it to something you want.

Since your gamertag was given a forced name change, you cannot change it back to what it was. Even if you did, you can get banned for having multiple forced name changes. So if it was offensive the first time and they caught you again, you could have your
    entire account banned.

The other gamertags that are out there may not have had any complaints filed against them so the enforcement team may not have seen them yet.

Smwutches, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Gamertag change

Sounds like a dodgy email.You have to pay 800mps to change your gamertag,you cant do it for free unless it's a forced name change issued by the xbox enforcement team.

Daft Badger, Aug 23, 2016
  4. Banned 5 year old gamertag, now forced to pay for name change. Enforcement team = a joke

If my gamertag was offensive you should have banned it when I made it 5 years ago in 2011.

If my gamertag was offensive the second Rolf Harris got convicted in july 2014 you should have banned it then.

To wait to 2016 and ban my gamertag for people offensive then have the audacity to say I have to pay out of my own pocket to change my gamertag, you won't even give me a free gamertag change.

Disgusting.

KindFoal7634767, Aug 23, 2016
  5. Jasperrdm
    Jasperrdm Guest
    The enforcement team moves slow. Gee. Time moves and stuff happens. So now words that were okay years ago are now consider bad. Welcome to real life.

Jasperrdm, Aug 24, 2016
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Or it just took that long for someone to file a complaint.

Smwutches, Aug 24, 2016
  7. things change man but the only thing we can do is either move forward or be stuck and complain how bad life is sometimes. but seriously no one likes to change sometimes and most of all no one likes a complainer to be honest either

CorvetteZR1Fan1, Aug 24, 2016
  8. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Banned 5 year old gamertag, now forced to pay for name change. Enforcement team = a joke

If the tag is banned you will have to see if you can submit a case review. enforcement.xbox.com/home If it is not eligible for a review or if the decision is upheld then you will have to pay
    for a change from the tag the enforcement team used. Good Luck!!

{Parity}, Aug 24, 2016
  9. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    There was no reason to ban the tag 5 years ago as no one knew what a piece of scum that individual was back then.

Unfortunately that's the risk everyone takes when creating a gamertag,especially one that is the name of a well known person or a play on that persons name.

Things change.

I do tend to agree with the op though,the tag wasn't created with any malice or to be offensive & was perfectly innocent until that individuals wrong doings came to light so an exception could of been made with the fee.

But rules are rules so at the moment you'll need to pay to change your tag or stick to the one you've got.

Daft Badger, Aug 24, 2016
  10. I submitted the case review and it was denied because they said the gamertag was creased to be 'offensive' Which is why I made this thread out of frustration because the gamertag was never created to be offensive. It was created with a sense of humour. The
    enforcement team are so short sighted and can see when I made the gamertag and when Rolf Harris got convicted.

KindFoal7634767, Sep 5, 2016
  11. Jasperrdm
    Jasperrdm Guest
    Sorry what you think is offensive then and what is offensive now is a million different things. I still shake my head at an uncle who occasionally calls my wife colored.

Jasperrdm, Oct 31, 2018
  12. Jasperrdm Win User

Sorry what you think is offensive then and what is offensive now is a million different things. I still shake my head at an uncle who occasionally calls my wife colored.
  13. CorvetteZR1Fan1 Win User

things change man but the only thing we can do is either move forward or be stuck and complain how bad life is sometimes. but seriously no one likes to change sometimes and most of all no one likes a complainer to be honest either
  14. Daft Badger Win User

There was no reason to ban the tag 5 years ago as no one knew what a piece of scum that individual was back then.

Unfortunately that's the risk everyone takes when creating a gamertag,especially one that is the name of a well known person or a play on that persons name.

Things change.

I do tend to agree with the op though,the tag wasn't created with any malice or to be offensive & was perfectly innocent until that individuals wrong doings came to light so an exception could of been made with the fee.

But rules are rules so at the moment you'll need to pay to change your tag or stick to the one you've got.
  15. Jasperrdm Win User

The enforcement team moves slow. Gee. Time moves and stuff happens. So now words that were okay years ago are now consider bad. Welcome to real life.
  16. KindFoal7634767 Win User

If my gamertag was offensive you should have banned it when I made it 5 years ago in 2011.

If my gamertag was offensive the second Rolf Harris got convicted in july 2014 you should have banned it then.

To wait to 2016 and ban my gamertag for people offensive then have the audacity to say I have to pay out of my own pocket to change my gamertag, you won't even give me a free gamertag change.

Disgusting.
Thema:

1. Banned 5 year old gamertag, now forced to pay for name change. Enforcement team = a joke - Similar Threads - Banned old gamertag

2. want to find out how to check my old bannings

in XBoX on Consoles
    want to find out how to check my old bannings: I had quite a few enforcements from the past and want to check them a231803e-3890-4513-bb52-69755083c347
  3. Old banned gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old banned gamertag: I had an old gamertag that was [Mod removed]. It was a play on words and meant nothing by it(My stepfather is Jewish and raised me from 4 years old and I'm now in my thirties). I couldn't get it...
  4. I got banned from a old message that got me banned already but how is that possible I need...

in XBoX on Windows
    I got banned from a old message that got me banned already but how is that possible I need...: To clarify me and my friend were Messaging each other I said something and he thought it would be funny to report it so I got suspended so I Served it but now for some reason I got suspended again...
  5. wrongfully banned on 15 year old account

in XBoX Accessibility
    wrongfully banned on 15 year old account: I’ve been wrongfully perm banned for “cheating” for about a year now. I play old school cods and was on mw2 when it happened. Playing snd with friends and out of nowhere I got hit with the ban...
  6. 9 year old inactive xbox account banned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    9 year old inactive xbox account banned?: I have a 9 year old xbox account that has not been touched since 2014 last logged in on a Xbox 360, today I remembered about the account who belonged to a sibling who has passed. The account was...
  7. My 13 year old son has gotten me console ban trying to get it took off my Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My 13 year old son has gotten me console ban trying to get it took off my Xbox: My son got me console ban for the first time and I’m trying to find out what he did wrong I never even been console banned I didn’t even know that was a thing but he isn’t allowed on my Xbox no...
  8. Old Xbox 360 ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old Xbox 360 ban: Ok guys I have an old xbox 360 slim with a broken hitachi drive. If I swap in another drive I know I will get banned online. Will that affect the console or the account because I don't want to...
  9. Any possible way to get my decade old achievement lock ban unlifted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any possible way to get my decade old achievement lock ban unlifted?: So in 2013 I modded my Gears of War 3 profile to unlock guns, achievements, custom in game name cards. Etc. And without any email or any kind of contact, my achievements (80+ at the time) we reset...
  10. Old ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old ban: I legit have a ban on the 16th and I got a new one yesterday for same reason and they have denied me the appeal and I can’t even find a way to web chat instantly 27900068-b8e4-4bd7-949f-c9ebd8eea90a