Bandwidth usage

Discus and support Bandwidth usage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; All I really ever do Is watch YouTube Amazon prime and Disney plus most days and play some games here and there and the few games like cloud game are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by D4rkse1D, Mar 11, 2023.

1. D4rkse1D
    D4rkse1D Guest

Bandwidth usage

All I really ever do Is watch YouTube Amazon prime and Disney plus most days and play some games here and there and the few games like cloud game are fallout 76 and forza horizon 5 I just don't understand why the band with usage is always so high And I should note that the xbox series x is direct connected to the modem and not the router Is this normal? For the most part
    Bandwidth usage [​IMG]

:)

D4rkse1D, Mar 11, 2023
  2. Misses Quinzel Win User

Bandwidth Usage

Hey, guys! Hopefully Malacath has helped you out, DIYoung. If he hasn't, then please feel encouraged to post up a new thread. This one is a bit old, and the original poster has marked it as answered. Detail what you're running into and troubleshooting you've
    completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)
  3. taidara Win User

Bandwidth Usage

"off" as in 'Energy-saving' power mode, or "off" as in sleep mode ('Instant-on' power mode)?
  4. Malacath Win User

Bandwidth Usage

@DIYoung.

Your console has probably automatically downloaded another update for Master Chief that you didn't know about.

If you have a metered connection I highly recommend you switch the console to energy saving mode.

In energy saving the console takes longer to boot up but it doesn't have automatic updates. This gives you more control in how much bandwidth you are using.
  5. Malacath Win User

Bandwidth Usage

If you are using instant on mode the console could be downloading updates while switched off.

Also I've noticed my console using over 100MB an hour playing destiny. Could Warframe use similar bandwidth?
  6. andrewdavidyoung Win User

Bandwidth Usage

I haven't even been using the system at all. Its been turned off with Instant On available. I told it not to download the patch for my only game (Master Chief Collection). I came back a week later and it had downloaded the patch anyway (20gb). A week
    after that it had a mysterious 10gb usage spike on it again. I have a 60gb bandwidth cap and I barely use the console. Support told me.. "Yeah it does that, overrides your commands even though you told it not to download. Sorry about that, nothing we
    can do about it and nothing we will give you as compensation"
Thema:

Bandwidth usage

1. Bandwidth usage - Similar Threads - Bandwidth usage

2. Why is the Xbox App Download Limit Tied to the Windows Update Bandwidth Settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the Xbox App Download Limit Tied to the Windows Update Bandwidth Settings?: This is a very tedious issue I have with the Xbox app. Why is the download limit tied to the Windows update bandwidth? The app should have its own download limits. This was an issue I spent ages...
  3. Xbox bandwidth usage shows 0B for all months since I bought it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox bandwidth usage shows 0B for all months since I bought it: [img] I’m using Xbox series X since the end of 2022. Today I opened Bandwidth usage from settings and noticed that Historical bandwidth usage for all period of time (last period is 31/05/2023 to...
  4. How to set a bandwidth limit to download games on the Xbox App for Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set a bandwidth limit to download games on the Xbox App for Windows 11: I just bought the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and I want to install some games. The problem is that when I start downloading them the Xbox app uses all the bandwidth and I can't do anything else on...
  5. Not using all the bandwidth that it could use (uses 3/4mb of 30mb available)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not using all the bandwidth that it could use (uses 3/4mb of 30mb available): As the title says, the video quality is very bad, and it is because it is using a 10/100 that it has available. I don't know if there is any extra configuration, but I'm just using it as it comes....
  6. My Xbox one s has had a bandwidth of zero for the past two weeks and no games will load,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one s has had a bandwidth of zero for the past two weeks and no games will load,...: I have restarted, hard reset, and unplugged the Xbox so many times. Nothing will load and everything is slow. I was able to get the bandwidth of the 31st when everything started to slow down and...
  7. Limit bandwidth consumption for xbox games app downloads

in XBoX on Consoles
    Limit bandwidth consumption for xbox games app downloads: I'm trying to figure out how to put a bandwidth cap on any updates/downloads within the xbox app on PC. I know it uses delivery optimization service and currently have an absolute bandwidth limit...
  8. Does the new xbox series x use a lot more internet bandwidth than the xbox one x did?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the new xbox series x use a lot more internet bandwidth than the xbox one x did?: My parents had to upgrade our home internet to unlimited bandwidth plan, just last week I traded in my older xbox for the xbox series x model, since than I had a few games to upgrade and one to...
  9. XBOX Series X network adapter possible either due to Failure or bandwidth capping....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Series X network adapter possible either due to Failure or bandwidth capping....: Hi, I have already completed a gauntlet of troubleshooting, and I have isolated the issue to the XBOX Series X. As I read in other places I am able to see that users mostly are able to get close...
  10. msfs 2020 not loading and saying low bandwidth

in XBoX Games and Apps
    msfs 2020 not loading and saying low bandwidth: Why is msfs such a [mod removed] every time I update. I can no longer launch a flight and you keep disconnecting me. I have 3 fiber lines to my house provided by 3 different providers. You keep...