Bandwidth limit while playing

Discus and support Bandwidth limit while playing in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So, I have a suggestion. I downloaded RE4 (which is a complete single player game and isn't required internet connection in order to play). I decided... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Lokateu, Aug 19, 2019.

1. /u/Lokateu
    /u/Lokateu Guest

So, I have a suggestion. I downloaded RE4 (which is a complete single player game and isn't required internet connection in order to play). I decided to download another game and continue playing RE4. When I'm not playing, the download speed is the fastest that my internet connection can get (i.e using all my bandwidth). When I'm playing, however, the download speed drastictly slows down in the background. I contacted Microsoft to see if there is any configuration that can solve my problem and there isn't anything I can do it to fix. So, I was hoping that in the future Microsoft can make anything to give the user the choice to whether or not their wanted to impose a limit to download speed while playing. I mean, it's a complete single player game, no need to slow down download speed just because I'm playing.

submitted by /u/Lokateu
    [link] [comments]

/u/Lokateu, Aug 19, 2019
  2. NicholasHanlon Win User

Limiting network bandwidth usage while downloading updates

thanks fam, didn't even think of that
  3. ngocphi Win User

Limiting network bandwidth usage while downloading updates

Yeah you use your network tools

Usually your router and use your QoS

Thats what its for

Managing your network

You never do it in devices and yes thats what a router is for
  4. Zeno2k Win User

Download limitado

there are bandwidth limits in these period.
  5. Azrael008uk Win User

What is my one doing online while in standby?

[quote user="RED994"]

A lot of people going to be upset when they get their internet bill and see that they went over their bandwidth limit.

[/quote]

You have bandwidth limits?

Are you in Russia?
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

: Internet

Instead of using the USB cable turn your phones hotspot setting on. Connect the console to the hotspot via Wifi and you can possibly play online. This is not likely going to be a good experiences though due to limited bandwidth and potential lag; this
    would be game dependent.

While this can be done it is not a recommended setup.
Thema:

1. Bandwidth limit while playing - Similar Threads - Bandwidth limit while

2. Why is the Xbox App Download Limit Tied to the Windows Update Bandwidth Settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the Xbox App Download Limit Tied to the Windows Update Bandwidth Settings?: This is a very tedious issue I have with the Xbox app. Why is the download limit tied to the Windows update bandwidth? The app should have its own download limits. This was an issue I spent ages...
  3. Xbox bandwidth usage shows 0B for all months since I bought it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox bandwidth usage shows 0B for all months since I bought it: [img] I’m using Xbox series X since the end of 2022. Today I opened Bandwidth usage from settings and noticed that Historical bandwidth usage for all period of time (last period is 31/05/2023 to...
  4. Bandwidth usage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bandwidth usage: All I really ever do Is watch YouTube Amazon prime and Disney plus most days and play some games here and there and the few games like cloud game are fallout 76 and forza horizon 5 I just don't...
  5. How to set a bandwidth limit to download games on the Xbox App for Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set a bandwidth limit to download games on the Xbox App for Windows 11: I just bought the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and I want to install some games. The problem is that when I start downloading them the Xbox app uses all the bandwidth and I can't do anything else on...
  6. Not using all the bandwidth that it could use (uses 3/4mb of 30mb available)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not using all the bandwidth that it could use (uses 3/4mb of 30mb available): As the title says, the video quality is very bad, and it is because it is using a 10/100 that it has available. I don't know if there is any extra configuration, but I'm just using it as it comes....
  7. My Xbox one s has had a bandwidth of zero for the past two weeks and no games will load,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one s has had a bandwidth of zero for the past two weeks and no games will load,...: I have restarted, hard reset, and unplugged the Xbox so many times. Nothing will load and everything is slow. I was able to get the bandwidth of the 31st when everything started to slow down and...
  8. Limit bandwidth consumption for xbox games app downloads

in XBoX on Consoles
    Limit bandwidth consumption for xbox games app downloads: I'm trying to figure out how to put a bandwidth cap on any updates/downloads within the xbox app on PC. I know it uses delivery optimization service and currently have an absolute bandwidth limit...
  9. Why has Microsoft set a limit on bandwidth coming from Xbox Live accounts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has Microsoft set a limit on bandwidth coming from Xbox Live accounts?: I have used Xbox Live for about a decade now and this has never been an issue before. Upon moving out of my family's home and attempting to use our Xbox subscription to play online on my secondary...
  10. Twitch App needs ability where we can set our own "Bandwidth" limit

in XBoX on Consoles
    Twitch App needs ability where we can set our own "Bandwidth" limit: I am a regular twitch broadcaster, but i have to say im dissapointed with the fact that with the twitch app you cant set your own bandwidth, and i have to keep clicking "Get reccomendation" until...