Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t boot past the starting splash screen. It sits on a black screen...

Discus and support Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t boot past the starting splash screen. It sits on a black screen... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My wife and I had been playing together until I was told I was out of save space on my console. After this the game has refused to boot even though I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jackson Murdock, Dec 22, 2023.

1. Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t boot past the starting splash screen. It sits on a black screen...

My wife and I had been playing together until I was told I was out of save space on my console. After this the game has refused to boot even though I have cleared out my saves, restarted my Xbox, and uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times. It has been like this for a week and a half and has made me very frustrated and unmotivated to support Xbox in the future if this continues to be an issue. I have also tried booting it up in offline mode and it still did not go past a black screen. I need this to be fixed.

:)

Jackson Murdock, Dec 22, 2023
  2. Matthew Osborne1 Win User

Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t boot past the starting splash screen. It sits on a black screen indefinitely, but only on my account. How do I fix this?

I tried this and no luck. I did manage to get it working though.

You need to delete your save files from both your xbox and the xbox cloud. Select the game, press start and select ‘Manage game and add-ons’. From here go down to ‘Saved Data’. DO NOT SELECT DELETE ALL. Click on the individual saves (both account saves and ‘Reserved Space’) and choose ‘DELETE EVERYWHERE’. From here restart your Xbox and it should load.

If you already linked your Larian account, you should be able to recover your saves by re-enabling ‘Cross Saves’ in Options and restarting the game.

Hope this helps
  3. ImprezaTom Win User

Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t boot past the starting splash screen. It sits on a black screen indefinitely, but only on my account. How do I fix this?

Just wanted to reply with how I was able to fix this issue on my Xbox. I had tried everything from reinstalling the game, reinstalling my Xbox profile, etc. Here's what worked for me.

1. Turn Xbox on, remove Ethernet cable. Make sure Xbox doesn't connect to Wi-Fi and is in offline mode.

2. Press start button on game, go to manage game and add ons. Delete local save data for BG3. (You will lose your local save files, but should get them back when you sync with larian servers).

3. Press and hold Xbox power button so Xbox shuts off, approximately 10 seconds. Let sit off for 5 minutes (or at least long enough for the fan to stop. I checked by holding hand right on top of Xbox).

4. Turn Xbox back on and reconnect Ethernet cable.

5. Boot game from my games and apps list, not the home screen of the OS so you avoid 'quick restart' issues.

6. Play!
  4. Lillian M Win User

I just got this issue today on a brand new xbox too. This shouldnt be happening.
  5. VintageStock69 Win User

I agree there ain't no way I wanna lose all my work. This is an issue that should not be happening. Starting to believe the ponies
  6. andrew kwiatkowski Win User

This worked for me. I did end up losing about 2.5 hours worth of save progress. There were was also an odd error message about synching between the console and cloud which probably had something to do with the data loss.
Thema:

Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t boot past the starting splash screen. It sits on a black screen...

1. Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t boot past the starting splash screen. It sits on a black screen... - Similar Threads - Baldur’s Gate won’t

2. When will the Baldur's Gate 3 fix come to Insiders?

in XboX Insiders
    When will the Baldur's Gate 3 fix come to Insiders?: I'm not really sure how feature parity works in this kind of situation. I'm an Alpha Skip Ahead tester. I see that MS has released firmware to fix the BG3 save situation and it's available now....
  3. Issue with Xbox Series X Display (MW3 and Baldurs Gate 3)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Series X Display (MW3 and Baldurs Gate 3): Hello, Today I started to boot up baldurs gate and mW3. When opening the game the TV screen flashed into a few colors and then froze without showing the xbox anymore. I have not had this issue in...
  4. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  5. Baldur's Gate 3 won't load after a freeze and hard restart

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldur's Gate 3 won't load after a freeze and hard restart: [img] I was playing today and the game just locked up and I had to power down the system. Now when I start the game it looks like this. I powered down, Unplugged and now I am reinstalling the game...
  6. Baldurs Gate 3 Complete broken on Xbox series X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldurs Gate 3 Complete broken on Xbox series X.: I had about 40 hours on BG3. logged on today to play split screen local co-op with my boyfriend and my save was gone. That was frustrating enough, but we decided to suck it up and restart. Now, a...
  7. Baldurs gate 3 keeps crashing after the logo pops up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldurs gate 3 keeps crashing after the logo pops up: So I got Baldurs gate 3 for Christmas worked fine until yesterday when it started crashing after the logo popped up and I never made a larian account so there’s nothing to disconnect because I...
  8. Baldur gate 3 bugs and captures be carefull

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldur gate 3 bugs and captures be carefull: I paid 90 e deluxe edition and I cant play it. The save game is vanish with 30 hours gameplay.... Ufffffff. If you make a capture **** content, you can be banned for 1 year ,,ohhh my goddd,, where...
  9. Baldurs gate 3 problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldurs gate 3 problem: In Baldurs gate 3 on x box it keeps crushing after selecting difficulty. The save files are also lost but I know that is a bug responsible. The game is up to date so is the console. And it...
  10. Baldurs gate 3 just won’t work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldurs gate 3 just won’t work: I recently bought baldurs gate 3 and it’s taken my money but it says that the game isn’t compatible and it won’t let me download or play it. Is there any way to fix it?...