Baldurs Gate 3 crashing. Does anyone know a fix?

Discus and support Baldurs Gate 3 crashing. Does anyone know a fix? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Everytime I start up Baldurs Gate 3, the game crashes before loading the menu. My Larian Account is not conected to my Xbox Account and it stil... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rene Oechslein, Dec 22, 2023.

1. Baldurs Gate 3 crashing. Does anyone know a fix?

Everytime I start up Baldurs Gate 3, the game crashes before loading the menu. My Larian Account is not conected to my Xbox Account and it stil happens, after I delted all my game data an reinstaled the game. Does anyone know a fix?

:)

Rene Oechslein, Dec 22, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Rene! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your game Baldurs Gate 3.

If I may ask, does the same error occur in other games or just specifically in Baldurs Gate 3?

Kindly try to perform the following workarounds according to the official Xbox website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution

Note: The solution to this issue may take a lot of steps.

"1. Remove your account, power cycle, and re-add your account:

Here's how to remove your account:

> Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    > Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
    > Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

Power Cycle:

> Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

> Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

Then re-add your account.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    Select Profile & System > Add or switch > Add new.
    Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.

Note: Make sure that you do not select Get a new account unless you want to create a new Microsoft account.

Enter the password for your Microsoft account, and then select Enter.
    Review the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.
    Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In, security & PIN preferences to finish adding your profile to the console.

2. Kindly try to clear the local save for Baldur's Gate 3 and resync with the cloud. Here's how:

It’s possible that the local save for your game has become corrupted. If so, deleting the local save and re-syncing with the cloud might correct the problem.

First, delete the local save:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.
    Highlight the game title, and then press the Menu button  on your controller.
    Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.
    Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game, then follow the prompts.

After you delete the local save, restart your Xbox:

Press and hold the Xbox button  in the center of your controller.
    Select Restart console, then follow the prompts.

After you restart your Xbox, re-sync your saved games to the cloud. Your saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while you’re connected to the Xbox service.

Try installing the game again to see if re-syncing with the cloud corrected the game problem.

Note: When doing this step please make sure that you used to play this game online so that all your data is saved to the cloud."

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. JimmyTheHead Win User

Hi there.

I’m having this same exact issue. Did every troubleshooting step listed or I could think of. I’m able to play when logged into a different profile on the Xbox, so it feels like something attached to the specific saves on our profile. Please let me know if anything changes on your end, and I’ll do the same for mine.
  4. JimmyTheHead Win User

Hi Rene,

I’ve been troubleshooting this issue the past couple days and I’ve seemed to be able to get into the game and at least view the saves.

What I’ve been doing is clearing the local save data on the game, then when opening the game and it syncing the cloud save, you cancel sync around 50-75%. This way it does not load whatever corrupted save you have.

However, I’m still working on being able to load a new save onto the game without the cloud automatically also loading the corrupted save. If you need any help or find useful information for me as well, please share!
  5. Rene Oechslein Win User

Hello and Thank you for trying to help me.

Sadly your fix didn't work. Every time I start the game it crashes after about 5-10 seconds.

The only thing that seems to work is going offline, clearing the local Saves and playing the game offline. But even with that after a while the game doesn't store game saves any more. And as soon as I go online again nothing works anymore. Any other ideas?
  6. N81VxFUTURE Win User

Baldurs Gate 3 Complete broken on Xbox series X.

I found out the problem, it’s a corrupted save file. To fix, you just have to delete your game data and the cloud data for Baldurs gate 3. This allowed me to create a new game with no more crashes :)
Thema:

1. Baldurs Gate 3 crashing. Does anyone know a fix? - Similar Threads - Baldurs Gate crashing

2. When will the Baldur's Gate 3 fix come to Insiders?

in XboX Insiders
    When will the Baldur's Gate 3 fix come to Insiders?: I'm not really sure how feature parity works in this kind of situation. I'm an Alpha Skip Ahead tester. I see that MS has released firmware to fix the BG3 save situation and it's available now....
  3. Issue with Xbox Series X Display (MW3 and Baldurs Gate 3)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Series X Display (MW3 and Baldurs Gate 3): Hello, Today I started to boot up baldurs gate and mW3. When opening the game the TV screen flashed into a few colors and then froze without showing the xbox anymore. I have not had this issue in...
  4. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  5. Baldur's Gate 3 won't load after a freeze and hard restart

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldur's Gate 3 won't load after a freeze and hard restart: [img] I was playing today and the game just locked up and I had to power down the system. Now when I start the game it looks like this. I powered down, Unplugged and now I am reinstalling the game...
  6. Baldurs Gate 3 Complete broken on Xbox series X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldurs Gate 3 Complete broken on Xbox series X.: I had about 40 hours on BG3. logged on today to play split screen local co-op with my boyfriend and my save was gone. That was frustrating enough, but we decided to suck it up and restart. Now, a...
  7. Baldurs gate 3 keeps crashing after the logo pops up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldurs gate 3 keeps crashing after the logo pops up: So I got Baldurs gate 3 for Christmas worked fine until yesterday when it started crashing after the logo popped up and I never made a larian account so there’s nothing to disconnect because I...
  8. Why does Baldur's Gate 3 crash after the intro?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Baldur's Gate 3 crash after the intro?: I can't get the game to launch the game. I have deleted it completely, re-installed it, deleted my saves, updated it, and it still crashes. I don't know what else to do to fix the problem....
  9. Baldurs gate 3 crashes loading into character creator

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldurs gate 3 crashes loading into character creator: Ok so i lost my 22h save the other day and now i can't even play the game Everytime i start the game it loads in like its the first time, like gives me the EULA thing and adjusting brightness....
  10. Baldur´s Gate 3 - Still Crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldur´s Gate 3 - Still Crashing: I have been playing the game for hours. Suddenly the saves started to lag. Eventually, I had to end the game by going to the main menu and ensuring the game was completely closed and ended ( as...