Baldurs gate 3 crashes loading into character creator

Discus and support Baldurs gate 3 crashes loading into character creator in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ok so i lost my 22h save the other day and now i can't even play the game Everytime i start the game it loads in like its the first time, like gives... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by sindy and jakyValdez, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Baldurs gate 3 crashes loading into character creator

Ok so i lost my 22h save the other day and now i can't even play the game

Everytime i start the game it loads in like its the first time, like gives me the EULA thing and adjusting brightness. Then attempting to start a new game it just crashes and sends me back home , its been doing this ever since i lost the save

Ive been looking for a fix for this issue and ive gotten from both sides is a "we're looking into it" and frankly it making kinda mad.

Is there a fix to my issue? I really do like this game and would like to continue playing it

:)

sindy and jakyValdez, Dec 21, 2023
  2. warden grey Win User

I have the same issue, eula, brightness, nudity options, then the main menu. I click new game and choose a difficulty then it crashes and takes me home. No error message or anything. Uninstalling and re-installing doesn't help nor does disconnecting my larian account. Only game that does this to me.
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello sindy and jakyValdez,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

4. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello sindy and jakyValdez,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to fix the crushing issue of Baldur's Gate 3 on your end. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account and game here manually since we do not have the option to. No worries, we do have some troubleshooting steps here that we may use for the issue.

Before proceeding, I need to know more details so that we can get the best possible troubleshooting for you.

-Is this issue happening to all your games?
    -Are you getting any error message?

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

Test your network connection:

A network connection issue can sometimes affect gameplay. Here’s how to test your Xbox connection:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.

Note Any outages will appear under Current Network Status.
    3. On the Network settings screen, select Test network connection. If the connection test is successful, your console will connect to the Xbox service.

Try using a different profile:

Sometimes gameplay can be affected by corrupted profile data on your Xbox console. To see if this is the case, try playing the same game using a different profile on your console.
      2. Select Profile & system, and then select Add or switch.
      3. Select a profile other than the one you were previously using.

Remove and re-add your profile:

If the profile on your Xbox console is causing the gameplay issue, the profile data for the game might be corrupted. You can fix this by removing this profile from the console and then downloading it again. To remove your profile:
        2. Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
        3. Select the account you want to remove (the one that’s experiencing the gameplay issue), and then select Remove.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
        4. Select Profile & system, select Add or switch, and then select Add new.
        5. Type in the email address and password that you use to access your Microsoft account (the same account you just removed).

•Clear the local save and resync with the cloud:

It’s possible that the local save for your game has become corrupted. If so, deleting the local save and re-syncing with the cloud might correct the problem.

First, delete the local save:
          1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.
          2. Highlight the game title, and then press the Menu button  on your controller.
          3. Select Manage game and add-ons > Saved data.
          4. Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game, then follow the prompts.
          After you delete the local save, restart your Xbox:
          1. Press and hold the Xbox button  in the center of your controller.
          2. Select Restart console, then follow the prompts.
          After you restart your Xbox, re-sync your saved games to the cloud. Your saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while you’re connected to the Xbox service.

Try playing the game again to see if re-syncing with the cloud corrected the game problem.

I also saw a thread here wherein your issue is similar. You may also double check this thread Baulder's Gate 3 Crash on startup (Xbox Series X) - Microsoft Community and try the steps that worked on other users.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns.

YanYannn
          Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. R4VER Win User

BALDUR'S GATE 3!!! PLEASE PINCH ME TO PROVE IT'S REAL!!!

Not only is baldurs gate 3 coming out but a double pack of baldurs gate enhanced and baldurs gate 2 dark alliance enhanced. I am looking forward to playing thrm all over again
  6. - AJ - Win User

Baldurs Gate 3 Crash

Hi, Tdem! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues playing Baldur's Gate 3.

If this only happens with Baldur's Gate 3, it may be due to an issue with the game itself. The best support channel for in-game problems such as the one you are experiencing with BG3, is contacting the game's publisher or dedicated support team. In this case, that is Larian Studios.

Larian Studios Support can be reached at: https://larian.com/support

'Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.'

----------

For your reference, this is mentioned in the thread titled "How do I get the right game support?" by Microsoft Employee and Forum Owner 'XBF John', at: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/b69c506c-bdff-41e2-a013-fbcb6f8ff23f

Best regards,
    - AJ
Thema:

1. Baldurs gate 3 crashes loading into character creator - Similar Threads - Baldurs gate crashes

2. When will the Baldur's Gate 3 fix come to Insiders?

in XboX Insiders
    When will the Baldur's Gate 3 fix come to Insiders?: I'm not really sure how feature parity works in this kind of situation. I'm an Alpha Skip Ahead tester. I see that MS has released firmware to fix the BG3 save situation and it's available now....
  3. Issue with Xbox Series X Display (MW3 and Baldurs Gate 3)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Series X Display (MW3 and Baldurs Gate 3): Hello, Today I started to boot up baldurs gate and mW3. When opening the game the TV screen flashed into a few colors and then froze without showing the xbox anymore. I have not had this issue in...
  4. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  5. Baldur's Gate 3 won't load after a freeze and hard restart

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldur's Gate 3 won't load after a freeze and hard restart: [img] I was playing today and the game just locked up and I had to power down the system. Now when I start the game it looks like this. I powered down, Unplugged and now I am reinstalling the game...
  6. Baldurs Gate 3 Complete broken on Xbox series X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldurs Gate 3 Complete broken on Xbox series X.: I had about 40 hours on BG3. logged on today to play split screen local co-op with my boyfriend and my save was gone. That was frustrating enough, but we decided to suck it up and restart. Now, a...
  7. Baldurs gate 3 keeps crashing after the logo pops up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldurs gate 3 keeps crashing after the logo pops up: So I got Baldurs gate 3 for Christmas worked fine until yesterday when it started crashing after the logo popped up and I never made a larian account so there’s nothing to disconnect because I...
  8. Why does Baldur's Gate 3 crash after the intro?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Baldur's Gate 3 crash after the intro?: I can't get the game to launch the game. I have deleted it completely, re-installed it, deleted my saves, updated it, and it still crashes. I don't know what else to do to fix the problem....
  9. Baldurs Gate 3 crashing. Does anyone know a fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldurs Gate 3 crashing. Does anyone know a fix?: Everytime I start up Baldurs Gate 3, the game crashes before loading the menu. My Larian Account is not conected to my Xbox Account and it stil happens, after I delted all my game data an...
  10. Baldur´s Gate 3 - Still Crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldur´s Gate 3 - Still Crashing: I have been playing the game for hours. Suddenly the saves started to lag. Eventually, I had to end the game by going to the main menu and ensuring the game was completely closed and ended ( as...