bad sound on xbox wireless headphones

Discus and support bad sound on xbox wireless headphones in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset - Wireless Headset Edition. I am very impressed with the sound while using them on my Win11 laptop and My... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrianMcGill, Apr 16, 2024.

1. BrianMcGill
    BrianMcGill Guest

I have the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset - Wireless Headset Edition. I am very impressed with the sound while using them on my Win11 laptop and My Andoroid phone. However they absolutely suck on my xbox. I have the Dolby Atmos plugin on the xbox and PC. I have gone throuh hours of searching forums. Firmware .9.50. Full battery charge. same issue with Dolby Atmos on or off. I have reset the Xbox to factory. controller is updated, xbox is updated. Same issue on xbox regardless which App i use. I have turned off bluetooth and wireless on my laptop. I have turned off my celular data and bluetooth on my phone. I am on a wired connection, 621.31 Mbps, Latency 72ms 0 packet loss, MTU 1480, Nat is open.Multiplayer shows is all good. Please help, this is driving me crazy.

:)

BrianMcGill, Apr 16, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello BrianMcGill,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand how frustrating it can be when the sound quality of your Xbox Wireless Headset doesn't meet your expectations, especially after experiencing better performance on other devices. Let's troubleshoot this issue step by step to help address your concern.

Here are the things that we can do:

- Check Your Headset Settings:

- First, ensure that your headset settings are optimized:

- Volume: Make sure the headset volume isn't turned all the way down. Adjust it using the dial on the outside of the right earcup.

- Audio Balance: The dial on the left earcup adjusts the balance between game and chat audio. Ensure it's not completely rotated in one direction, as this could mute either game or chat audio.

- Mic Mute: Verify that your headset mic isn't muted. The mute button is located on the back end of the mic attachment, on the bottom of the left earcup.

- Xbox Accessories App: On your Xbox X|S or Xbox One console, use the Xbox Accessories app to check audio levels, equalizer settings, and auto-mute options. Make sure the headset is powered on and connected to your console while adjusting settings in the app.

- Headset Format:

- Sometimes changing the headset format can resolve audio issues. Try the following steps:

- Go to Settings on your Xbox.

- Navigate to General > General Volume & audio output.

- Switch to a different headset format (e.g., Stereo Uncompressed, Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos, DTS).

- Then switch back to your preferred headset format.

- Return to your game and check if the issue is resolved.

- Firmware Update:

- Ensure that your headset's firmware is up to date. If there's a newer version available, update it. Firmware updates can sometimes improve performance and fix bugs.

- Restart Both Devices:

- Restart both your Xbox console and the headset. Sometimes a fresh start can resolve unexpected issues.

- Check for Distorted Sound:

- If you're hearing distorted audio from your own mic, try turning off mic monitoring in the Xbox Accessories app. This feature allows you to hear your own voice through the headset, but it can sometimes cause distortion.

- Alternate MAC Address (Choppy Sound):

- If you experience choppy or broken sound, try the following:

- Open the Xbox Guide by pressing the guide button on the controller.

- Go to Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address.

- Select Clear and allow the console to restart when prompted.

For your reference, see: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. TheRevenite Win User

Xbox One S Audio Stuck on Headset Profile

For anyone still plagued with this issue, with wireless headphones, you'll need a controller with an audio jack or the adapter.

My Xbox One S, with the September 2018 patch, simply disconnect the wireless headphones and plug standard headphones or cell phone earbuds into the controller. Give it a minute or two, then unplug them. enter the sound settings ams change the headphone
    audio "uncompressed stereo". Exit the sound settings and re-enter the sound setting and your HDMI setting will be available. You can then re-setup your wireless headphones with any of the options needed.

I hope this helps others with this issue.
  4. Akuzimo Win User

Wired controller vibrates mic

EDIT ONTO LAST: Also, when I have bad headphones for my iPod and I move my iPod around, if the wire is bad it'll make a loud crackling sound and sometimes the sound will go out altogether until I place the headphones back in the position they were in.
  5. Duncan Ragland Win User

Xbox one. S keeps. Switching. From receiver to headphons

If these are wired headphones, consider unplugging them from the controller. If these are wireless headphones, try turning them off when you want to use the surround sound system.
  6. ngocphi Win User

I Have an Xbox Series S and My Monitor doesn’t have speakers or a 3.5mm jack

No otherway other then headphones

You can connect wired or wireless headphones via your phojw or direct into the controller unless you have an older xbox you can use optical out to sound bar or threater or TV
Thema:

1. bad sound on xbox wireless headphones - Similar Threads - bad sound wireless

2. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  3. My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine

in XboX Insiders
    My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine: I bought a new headset and controller to try to tackle this issue and the controller definitely did reduce the occurrence yet it still happens where my audio keeps on stuttering really badly at...
  4. i bought the red dragon h350 pandora gaming head set when i use the microphone it sounds so bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    i bought the red dragon h350 pandora gaming head set when i use the microphone it sounds so bad: this is a issue ive been trying to solve for 2 hours and I cant do anything when I use the mic in a loop back test it sounds so **** bad it hurts for everyone else that uses this headset It sounds...
  5. Why does my game audio sound bad when in a party?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game audio sound bad when in a party?: Every time I join a Xbox party on my pc it makes my game audio sound distorted and choppy. I first ran into this problem on Fortnite, when I joined my friends Xbox party it completely switched up...
  6. Bad image and no sound. Please help!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bad image and no sound. Please help!!: Hello, my console started working really bad today. I have no sound and the image is as seen below. I tried different cables and solutions but nothing seems to work. Any help please??? Should I...
  7. Dolby Surround Upmixer - Bad for Sound Quality?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Surround Upmixer - Bad for Sound Quality?: Hi everyone! I have been using the Xbox One X with Atmos enabled since it launched. After a while, MS added Upmixing in the Dolby Access app, since you can't use your AVRs Upmixers when the Xbox...
  8. Game DVR (Win 10): bad, tinny mic sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR (Win 10): bad, tinny mic sound: Hi gyus, my mic sound recording in Game DVR videos is bad (see above), what can I do? It's better in other recording programs, it's absolutely ok in skype etc. I have no idea what to configure......
  9. BC first Assassin's Creed sound is bad...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BC first Assassin's Creed sound is bad...: The sound drives me crazy sometimes. It's all gargled and sounds like nails on a chalkboard. It's happening a lot more often now that I'm pretty far into the game. I reported it like a week or two...
  10. Xbox360 - Rented movie downloaded but Video and sound are out of sync bad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox360 - Rented movie downloaded but Video and sound are out of sync bad: Client being used: Xbox360 ◾Movie/TV or Artist Title: Young Ones ◾SD or HD: HD ◾Stream or Download: Download ◾Purchase or Rent: Rent ◾What you've tried so far: Cleared storage cache and...