Bad quality using HDMI on Xbox 360 E using PC Monitor. *NEED HELP*

Discus and support Bad quality using HDMI on Xbox 360 E using PC Monitor. *NEED HELP* in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I have a small problem. I recently got an Xbox 360 E. When connected to the TV in the livingroom using HDMI it works completely fine. When I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Beggis, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Beggis
    Beggis Guest

Hello! I have a small problem.

I recently got an Xbox 360 E. When connected to the TV in the livingroom using HDMI it works completely fine. When I try connect the Xbox 360 E to a PC Monitor that does support 1920x1080 full HD and HDCP (everything is fine, this is a link to the monitor:

https://www.komplett.no/benq-24-led-rl2455hm/779953#!tab:extra
    ) it does work, but... it's bad quality. So I am connecting everything the same way using same cables, just another monitor, and it displays bad quality, maybe 720p or something instead of 1080p.
    It displays 1080p using the TV, but not the 1080p on the PC Monitor.

I have tried editing a lot of settings to try to make it work, but it doesn't. I can't change the format in the settings tho, because then I need to use an A/V cable, and we use HDMI. Also the Xbox 360 E doesn't support the A/V cables I have previously used,
    the ones it support are small round ones, I used like wide thick ones before.

So how can I use HDMI connection to the PC Monitor and get 1080p? Everything works on the TV in 1080p, but not the monitor. I have tried almost everything. Please help me! You can email me at
    [Mod Removed] or reply to this thread. Thanks for reading and I hope to get some replies soon! Bad quality using HDMI on Xbox 360 E using PC Monitor. *NEED HELP* :)

:)

Beggis, Jan 13, 2015
  2. microlink(2)
    microlink(2) Guest
    No video through Dell monitor

Do you by chance own the Xbox 360 VGA converter cable specifically for plugging your Xbox into your PC monitor? It's a VGA connection but it could be a temporary fix.

Do you have an HDMI cable on your monitor? I'd try using an HDMI cable and seeing if that does the trick. If it does, you could always try using the HDMI to DVI cable on your PC (in fact, you should try using the cable on your PC to see if its the cable
    that's not working.)

microlink(2), Jan 13, 2015
  3. Audiosonic17
    Audiosonic17 Guest
    Monitor bad quality on xbox, verry good on pc

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the quality on my LG flatron e2350. I've been using this monitor for 3 years and always had an excellent quality (using dvi connector). Now that i've bought an xbox 360, I connected the console to my monitor with a brand new Philips
    HDMI cable. When I switch to hdmi (to the xbox) screen, the quality is very poor (pixelated, looks like playstation 1 quality). I've tried other settings, tried resetting the display settings of the xbox but nothing works. Can someone please tell me how to
    fix this? The quality is really poor.

Audiosonic17, Jan 13, 2015
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Connecting an Xbox to either a PC or PC monitor

[quote user="Ces Les Beast"]I was wondering if its possible to connect my xbox 360 to my pc via USB and then use that to display though the PC's monitor and/or use the sound drivers to use the pc's speakers[/quote]No.
    If that's not possible can u use
    a USB to link the xbox to my monitor
    No.
    My monitor doesn't have an HDMI connection
    There are HDMI to DVI cables. There are digital audio to analog audio adapters. There are also VGA cables for 360s that have an AV port (the 360 E does
    not).
  5. SandM1tch Win User

Connecting an Xbox 360 to DVI Monitor

[quote user="fiestaforesta88"]

Sorry, it's an E Machines E211H monitor and a standard Monster HDMI in to Single Link DVI-D out, and no it is a 1920 x 1080 monitor.

[/quote]

If its for any reason fuzzy (which it shouldn't because DVI is Digital and does nut suffer signal loss like VGA which is analog), its the cable and yes, monster cables can be bad too. but ANY HDMI cable/converter is not usually made bad. its may be a bad
    batch of cables and you got one out of that batch.

\

but assuming its not the cable, there's not much other than setting the Xbox 360 to 1080p and turn off any sharpness (only a small amount of monitors have a sharpness setting anyways) setting on the monitor itself. You could try turning off display discovery
    in the display settings menu of the Xbox 360, but that's a long shot even though it states it could improve quality.

\

However, if your use to playing PC games on that monitor (if you have a PC i guess), as you might already know, the Xbox 360 is native 720p. anything that you play with the Xbox 360 set to 1080p will turn on the hardware scaling chip in the Xbox 360 and
    fit the 720p image to a clean 1080p window, but it will still be "blurry" because its not true 1080p. So im not accusing but it might be your preference. (i have evidence of this phenomenon because i used an Acer P243W before i got my current TV)
  6. Ricardo Cintra Win User

D-Sub Fora de escala 67.4kHz / 60Hz.

Bom queria conectar meu xbox 360 ao meu monitor de 60Hz. eu utilizei um cabo VGA com Saída HDMI, e os cabos D-SUB que ligam o monitor no pc, mas quando conecto o D-SUB no VGA e no Monitor e conecto o HDMI no xbox 360, no monitor da ''Fora de escala 67,4kHz/
    60Hz''

Eu já tentei entrar em modo segurança

Mudar resolução pela ''Resolução de Tela''

meu windows é um 8

Eu tenho o cabo av que veio com o xbox 360, mas é aquele cabo que não tem saída hdmi.

agradeço as respostas
    [Translation...]

Good wanted to connect my Xbox 360 to my 60Hz monitor. I used a VGA cable with HDMI output, and the D-SUB cables that connect the monitor to the PC, but when I connect the D-SUB in VGA and Monitor and connect the HDMI on the Xbox 360 , on the monitor ' '
    off-scale 67, 4kHz/60Hz ' '

I've tried to go into safe mode

Change resolution by Screen resolution

My Windows is an 8

I have the AV cable that came with the Xbox 360, but it is that cable that has no HDMI output.

Thank you for the answers

Olá você consegue colocar as Especificações de seu monitor para nós podermos ter mais Informações sobre o tipo de monitor que você esta tentando utilizar?

[Translation...]

Hello can you put the specs of your monitor so we can have more information about the type of monitor you are trying to use?
  7. ILOVEBAY0n37T4 Win User

Graphics awful?

I would like to ask why you are using a PC monitor and not a television.

-

The 360 wasn't designed for PC monitors.

-

Just hook up 360 using an HDMI cable or the YPbPr cables and everything will be fine.
  8. DigitalAssassin Win User

Xbox wont "work" on my computer screen.

Hey there, you might need to change some of the console display settings to get it to work on a different TV or monitor, you may need to initially do this using the AV cables if you can't use your controller:

support.xbox.com/.../improve-video-quality

I would also try and use the HDMI slot and cable on another TV or monitor to see if it has the same effect. The HDMI ports can fail, so trying it on different devices can narrow down the issue.
Thema:

1. Bad quality using HDMI on Xbox 360 E using PC Monitor. *NEED HELP* - Similar Threads - Bad quality using

2. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  3. Why does the xbox web browser suck so god damn bad?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox web browser suck so god damn bad?: I literally cant watch a 20 minute video without it constantly crashing and having to refresh ***Move from Microsoft Edge / Audio and video playback / Windows 10 ***...
  4. why is my xbox one s outputting bad graphics

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox one s outputting bad graphics: ive had my xbox one s for a few years. But when i moved i switched my xbox from my tv to my monitor. after this games run slow, for example forza horizon 5. it used to run at high graphics 1080p...
  5. Is The Xbox App Bad?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is The Xbox App Bad?: For PC the simple answer is yes & here's why. (from my own experience) (will include system specs as well at bottom) The PC Xbox App on Windows 10/11 is "slow". Yes this might sound quite broad,...
  6. Discord voice chat on xbox makes my mic quality extremely bad

in XboX Insiders
    Discord voice chat on xbox makes my mic quality extremely bad: I've tried playing with my friends on other devices and we use discord to call, recently ive been trying to vc on discord with them but they keep telling me the mic quality is much worse. I don't...
  7. Xbox wireless headset connected to PC. Bad quality. Windows 11, Bluetooth. PC see headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset connected to PC. Bad quality. Windows 11, Bluetooth. PC see headset...: Xbox wireless headset connected to PC. Bad quality. Windows 11, Bluetooth. PC see headset as a speakers. 1c419c0d-b302-4323-b1d5-10dbd1331eae
  8. How to fix bad audio quality on Xbox game bar

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix bad audio quality on Xbox game bar: Hi, I use a set of Apple AirPod pros for my audio output on my windows pc and an external yeti microphone for input. The audio output on my AirPods are completely fine until I join an Xbox party...
  9. Why is my microphone quality on Xbox's Discord voice chatso bad?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my microphone quality on Xbox's Discord voice chatso bad?: I've found that the quality of my microphone while talking in a Discord voice channel on Xbox is significantly worse than it is in a regular Xbox party or when I'm in a Discord voice call on my...
  10. Bad Audio Quality In Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bad Audio Quality In Xbox Game Bar: When I try to record the last 30 seconds of a game the video audio quality isn't always the best and I hear a little static. I have turned up the audio quality to 192 kbps with no improvement....