Bad IP-based geolocalization (only Xbox App)

Discus and support Bad IP-based geolocalization (only Xbox App) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm trying to use XBox App's cloud gamming (Windows 11) but "Region not supported" appears all the time. I'm connecting from Spain which is a supported... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FunnyAlex1, Mar 22, 2022.

1. FunnyAlex1
    FunnyAlex1 Guest

I'm trying to use XBox App's cloud gamming (Windows 11) but "Region not supported" appears all the time. I'm connecting from Spain which is a supported region.

I check my connection and my IP is 79.116.xx.xx that is based on Spain and is assigned to a telco (DIGI SPAIN) that operates in Spain (see RIPE query below)

This problem seems to affect only to Xbox app, Windows Edge streaming works as expected.

Bad IP-based geolocalization (only Xbox App) [​IMG]

RIPE database query: https://apps.db.ripe.net/db-web-ui/query?bflag=false&dflag=false&rflag=true&searchtext=79.116.17.1&source=RIPE

Thanks

:)

FunnyAlex1, Mar 22, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Funny, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed?

See which version of Windows 11 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates often seen as optional, Microsoft released major fixes this week, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update and then make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store.

Also try checking the DNS you're using to resolve the name of your addresses, if you're using those your ISP you can then test with google or Cloudflare DNS and try the procedure below

Google

Primary 8.8.8.8 and Secodary 8.8.4.4

Cloudflare

Primary 1.1.1.1 e Secondary 1.0.0.1

Windows Settings > Apps & Features > Apps > Search for Xbox > Advanced Options > Repair > Restart PC.
  3. FunnyAlex1 Win User

I tried everything you suggested Georges. Thanks :)

I'm physically located in Spain and not using a VPN. There are more reports of the same problem with the same ISP like https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/problemas-xbox-game-pass-espa%C3%B1a-digi-mobil/0d5d6ac2-9316-4e2d-a4ec-b5c5fcf84d33

The root cause is Microsoft is using a outdated database for IP-matching geolocalization. And some IP ranges were transferred withing different countries.

I'm trying to get to someone technical at Microsoft that could fix it.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Are you physically located in Spain? Are you using a VPN?
  5. DSaddy Win User

I'm planning to buy MS points..but there's a problem -,-

FYI, if you have a US account you wont be able to to download any content unless your IP is geolocated in the US.

The only real way to purchase content is to have a US account, with US points in the US (Or military base)
  6. Daniel Velasco Alons Win User

Cloud gaming - problem with region

My IPs are located in Madrid. I tried about 4 webs about IP geolocation. The IP Database in Microsoft/Azure are outdated.
Thema:

1. Bad IP-based geolocalization (only Xbox App) - Similar Threads - Bad based geolocalization

2. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  3. Why does the xbox web browser suck so god damn bad?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox web browser suck so god damn bad?: I literally cant watch a 20 minute video without it constantly crashing and having to refresh ***Move from Microsoft Edge / Audio and video playback / Windows 10 ***...
  4. why is my xbox one s outputting bad graphics

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox one s outputting bad graphics: ive had my xbox one s for a few years. But when i moved i switched my xbox from my tv to my monitor. after this games run slow, for example forza horizon 5. it used to run at high graphics 1080p...
  5. Is The Xbox App Bad?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is The Xbox App Bad?: For PC the simple answer is yes & here's why. (from my own experience) (will include system specs as well at bottom) The PC Xbox App on Windows 10/11 is "slow". Yes this might sound quite broad,...
  6. Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?: I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller, my first, expensive controller, and I've been happy with it so far. Now the bumpers are starting to be faulty, the fault is already known. The controller is...
  7. why is my xbox running bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox running bad: i bought my series s a few years ago and for the past year it’s been running really bad like i don’t have a 120hz monitor. My monitor that i have right now is a 165hz so it is compatible with the...
  8. Xbox captures lagging real bad when playing in 1440P

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox captures lagging real bad when playing in 1440P: Some time ago i changed my display resolution to 1440P and the captures are lagging really bad I did a factory reset and i changed my capture resolution from 1080P to 720P hoping it would help...
  9. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  10. "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.: This change provide NO extra information, functionality, engagement, or usefulness. It's just a duplicate of what is already on the left side of my screen and is completely superfluous. The only...