Bad download speed on the Xbox Game Pass beta for PC

Discus and support Bad download speed on the Xbox Game Pass beta for PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the title suggest for some reason the Xbox Beta App is downloading games EXTREMELY slow. Like Im getting 5MB/S which is not what my internet should... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MrBaconNinja123, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Bad download speed on the Xbox Game Pass beta for PC

As the title suggest for some reason the Xbox Beta App is downloading games EXTREMELY slow. Like Im getting 5MB/S which is not what my internet should be getting seeing as i can go download something on steam and get upwards to 40MB/S. Which when i look at the actual Microsoft Store it seems to reflect, As it states a game downloading should being doing so around 40MB/S but for some reason is downloading like its going from the Xbox beta app, where while it may say it should be 40MB/S its actual downloading at the 5MB/S rate. Which is my question, why are they showing two different download speeds and why is the download speed so slow to begin with. (Again it is not my wifi nor is it because my computer just isnt updated it is).

:)

MrBaconNinja123, Nov 5, 2021
  2. MrBaconNinja123 Win User

Even if that still may be the case the overall problem is that this is ONLY the xbox app. No other application i use has this slow of a download speed. By simply going to steam and downloading something, i average more than double what the Xbox app says. Thats A LOT, there's a HUGE difference in download time when you get 5MB/s compared to 12MB/s. I have attached a screenshot proving this, and its not just limited to steam if i just simply download something from the internet its faster than the Xbox app. Thats the overlying issue here, the Xbox app simply isnt downloading at the speed it should.

[​IMG]
  3. MrBaconNinja123 Win User

That did not help, as it was already something i tried when i was originally looking for a way to solve this issue. What i have attached are two screenshots that show the disconnect between the two download speeds, where the store says it is much faster while the xbox app says its much slower. Which leads me to believe this is a problem with the Xbox app in general and not something related to my PC.

Not only this but when i look at task manager to see what exactly my download speed should be in the performance tab its hovering around 40MBps, which is what the store is showing the download speed is at, which just furthers my belief this is something to do with the Xbox app.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Farscape247 Win User

the xbox app is not downloading it is actually the microsoft store doing the downloading, the microsoft store has always downloaded slower than anything else, on steam i get 476Mbps down, but the store always throttles at about 240Mbps. microsoft i think limits download speeds slightly due to everything running off azure and as most businesses use azure from email, office and teams etc plus xbox live and everyone else downloading they have to limit it as not to affect everyone.

steam on the other hand does not have a load like that, they host some multiplayer servers and allow downloads.

bandwidth is tight as it is on networks and very very expensive to provide.
  5. SammyVS Win User

I think our mate above explained very well what I meant.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

40Mbps (megabits per second) = approx 5MBps (megabytes per second) the store is showing in Mbps (megabits per second) the xbox app is showing in MBps (megabytes per second) so you are downloading at the correct amount so 34Mbps is approx 3.9MBps.

I am a network technician aswell as an IT technician and engineer.
Thema:

1. Bad download speed on the Xbox Game Pass beta for PC - Similar Threads - Bad download speed

2. Can't download Xbox Live Profile on to Xbox 360 Bad Password/Bad Credentials Error 80072741

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download Xbox Live Profile on to Xbox 360 Bad Password/Bad Credentials Error 80072741: Hello, I recently bought a used 360 and I cannot download my Xbox Live Profile. I have tried deleting profiles, clearing the cache, formatting the HD, redoing the initial settings and have changed...
  3. Bad download speeds on pc game pass have uninstalled xbox app and gaming services I have...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bad download speeds on pc game pass have uninstalled xbox app and gaming services I have...: Based on your question, “I have 1Gibt down and up wired connection some games download at 60 mbit but others like snowrunner download at like 2mbit and it seems to be most of them are that way a...
  4. Really bad Download speed and ping

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Really bad Download speed and ping: Really bad Download speed and ping (only on xbox) I thought this was a problem with my internet. I got new modem/routers (3) and then finally was told my my internet to get their router/modem....
  5. Xbox one S bad download and upload speeds need help please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S bad download and upload speeds need help please: I have an xbox one s and i also have gigabit internet speed but its like my xbox is not reconizing the speed, even when i do an ookla speedtest in the internet explorer app i get around 160 or so...
  6. Only getting half my download speed and bad ping through ethernet (xbox one)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only getting half my download speed and bad ping through ethernet (xbox one): So recently i've only been getting half my download speed and 40+ms ping when doing the speed test on xbox which is really effecting my gameplay. When i do a speed test on my PC which is run...
  7. Series X, bad download speeds if game is in quick resume

in XboX Insiders
    Series X, bad download speeds if game is in quick resume: I understand why the Series X throttles download speeds while playing a game but speeds are throtteled even when you go to the dashboard if you have even one game on quick resume. The network...
  8. Good Ping but bad download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Good Ping but bad download speed: I can play games fine with my regular ping, but recently my download speed slowed down a lot. When ever I try to update/ download a game, the speed goes to 1 Mb. We have multiple xboxs, and the...
  9. : XBox One Good Upload/Download Speed but bad latency

: XBox One Good Upload/Download Speed but bad latency: : XBox One Good Upload/Download Speed but bad latency so, maybe your WLAN Connection (try a Cable) or it is your ISP 433ebfd2-bad7-45b1-8b87-6fc4d575d845
  10. Bad download speed?

Bad download speed?: Bad download speed? So my xbox is on a wired connection and I get 1Mb/s to 0b/s (most of the time nothing) as well as 225ping. My laptop which should have a worse connection over WiFi is getting...