Bad Audio Quality In Xbox Game Bar

Discus and support Bad Audio Quality In Xbox Game Bar in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to record the last 30 seconds of a game the video audio quality isn't always the best and I hear a little static. I have turned up the audio... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Joseph Stelow, May 6, 2023.

1. Bad Audio Quality In Xbox Game Bar

When I try to record the last 30 seconds of a game the video audio quality isn't always the best and I hear a little static. I have turned up the audio quality to 192 kbps with no improvement. This doesn't usually happen. I'm using the latest version of Xbox Game Bar 5.823.3261.0 on Windows 11 Home.

(One Side Question, Why does sometimes recording the last 30 seconds cause lots of lag and drop my FPS? I do have Mid-Tier Specs and should be able to handle it.)

:)

Joseph Stelow, May 6, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Joseph Stelow,

Sending feedback or reporting this issue to Xbox is a good idea.

With regards to the lag spike, performing a clean boot may fix startup issues. While running clean boot, your PC is running in a minimal state. If your OS is installed on an SSD, lag should be minimal to almost none. Just make sure you disable all startup apps from the task manager.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hi Joseph Stelow,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

If you are having issues with Xbox Game bar, make sure to perform the troubleshooting found on the link below:

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

If you experience lag while recording, make sure that no other apps are running in the background.

You may perform clean boot: How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Also apply the guide here: How to make PC games work better | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. Joseph Stelow Win User

I have an M.2 SSD and I don't want to disable all startup apps because some are necessary like CyberPower PowerPanel for my UPS. Anyway, it happens not often and is not a big deal.
  6. Joseph Stelow Win User

Ok, I will send feedback on the Xbox Support Page.

I don't have programs run in the background other than the game I'm playing. I get a big lag spike after recording the 30 seconds of a game but goes back to normal. This only happens if I do it the first time after restarting the computer. Is it trying to load the program to record or something?
Thema:

1. Bad Audio Quality In Xbox Game Bar - Similar Threads - Bad Audio Quality

2. My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine

in XboX Insiders
    My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine: I bought a new headset and controller to try to tackle this issue and the controller definitely did reduce the occurrence yet it still happens where my audio keeps on stuttering really badly at...
  3. Hi-Fi Rush Showed Me How Bad Series X ARC Audio Delay Is

in XboX Insiders
    Hi-Fi Rush Showed Me How Bad Series X ARC Audio Delay Is: I would really like to play Hi-Fi Rush but it's really unplayable on my system. I have my 1 month old Series X hooked directly up to my TV (HDMI 2.0) which is hooked up to my 5.1 receiver (HDMI...
  4. How to fix bad audio quality on Xbox game bar

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix bad audio quality on Xbox game bar: Hi, I use a set of Apple AirPod pros for my audio output on my windows pc and an external yeti microphone for input. The audio output on my AirPods are completely fine until I join an Xbox party...
  5. Why does my game audio sound bad when in a party?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game audio sound bad when in a party?: Every time I join a Xbox party on my pc it makes my game audio sound distorted and choppy. I first ran into this problem on Fortnite, when I joined my friends Xbox party it completely switched up...
  6. xbox game bar with really bad audio in CALLS (i've not tested on recordings)

in XboX Insiders
    xbox game bar with really bad audio in CALLS (i've not tested on recordings): my pc (windows 11) got a really bad audio in xbox app since the first time i've openned the app for the first time, my old pc never had that problem, and the xbox app on my cellphone is ok too,...
  7. Soooooooo after updating to alpha insider my audio is now bad?

in XboX Insiders
    Soooooooo after updating to alpha insider my audio is now bad?: It seems that after updating to alpha insider my Audio started being pretty bad, I went to Spotify and it started playing double and echoing and now it seems that my audio just doesn’t sound as...
  8. anyone else having bad audio syncing with YouTube?

in XboX Insiders
    anyone else having bad audio syncing with YouTube?: When ever you are watching YouTube the video seems to play faster than the audio and the only way to kind of fix it is by pausing for a few seconds then it's back to how it was 2 minutes later...
  9. Audio while gaming bad on Xbox one when streaming twitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Audio while gaming bad on Xbox one when streaming twitch: Whenever I start streaming on twitch on my Xbox one the audio cuts in and out and statics. Can't find a fix to this anywhere. Yes I use a webcam and no I dont have a kinect. Thank you for any help...
  10. Brand new Xbox controller has bad audio connection

in XBoX Accessibility
    Brand new Xbox controller has bad audio connection: I bought a brand new xbox controller about a month or two ago (pulse red wireless with share button and hybrid d pad) so that I could attach my wired headset to it and stop using my sister’s...