Bad audio and trouble with controller when any mic is plugged in.

Discus and support Bad audio and trouble with controller when any mic is plugged in. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I am having a few issues. 1st I have 2 controllers and 2 different mic sets Trouble happens on all sets. When I use the headset that came with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BRAD2411, Apr 28, 2015.

1. BRAD2411
    BRAD2411 Guest

Hi,

I am having a few issues. 1st I have 2 controllers and 2 different mic sets Trouble happens on all sets. When I use the headset that came with the my xbox I get 2 sets of problems first is that both controllers will reset randomly. The other problem is that
    my friends get really bad noise when I am chatting with them.

When I use my other headset I have the xbox one headset adapter and I have 2 problems with that on both controllers. First I have the same issue that the other headset has with the controller reseting. second audio cuts in and out.

I have done trouble shooting on the phone with an xbox rep at one point for the controller reseting but because it happens randomly it was never really fixed. I have completely reset my xbox (turning it off unplugging it from the wall and letting it sit
    then plugging it back in) Both controllers are updated to firmware 1.2.2236.0.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do, this can be very annoying.

:)

BRAD2411, Apr 28, 2015
  2. OakenSpear
    OakenSpear Guest
    Xbox one elite controller not supporting my stereo headset adapter mic functions

My stereo headset adapter will not recognize my mic on my headset when plugged into my new elite controller

I have updated the controller with the adapter plugged in

I have tested my headset on multiple devices to insure the mic is working fine

I have plugged my stereo headset adapter into my non-elite controller and the mic works just fine

And lastly my mic works just fine when plugged directly into the jack built into my elite controller

but for some reason it will not work at all when my stereo headset adapter is plugged into the elite controller and now i can not make use of the great audio options the adapter supports (mute, volume, ect.)

I suppose i should note that it is just the mic. I can hear audio fine through my headset when the adapter is plugged into my elite controller but the mic is not working and no one can hear me. Really annoying.

Would really love to know if anyone else has run into this problem with the elite controller or if an update is in the pipe line to fix it (as it is most assuredly a software problem in the controller).

I swear to god if anyone tells me its hardware or that i need to update again.....FIX THIS MICROSOFT

OakenSpear, Apr 28, 2015
  3. loucarvo
    loucarvo Guest
    xbox controller audio mic catching audio from game

hi there was woundering if anyone else is having issues with audio on the xbox one controller i have earbuds with a mic and yes the mic works fine i can here my audio fine but when im playing any game online multiplayer my mic catches the audio of my game
    and does not stay silent also on my 4k lg tv b7a series when i plug in for audio on my xbox controller it does not work at all no audio but mic works

loucarvo, Apr 28, 2015
  4. Nursemorph Win User

External Mic on Xbox

The Fifine is not incompatible but also not worth using with an Xbox according to Fifine themselves:

"The mic doesn't work with the Xbox console nor controller directly. So we don't recommend using it with the Xbox. But there's a way to do so. You can get it work but the sound quality would become so bad that you would rather not doing so.

Plug the mic to a computer-enable the montoring feature (please refer to "It's recognized, but I didn't hear any sound coming out of my Windows when I spoke" part)-find a 3.5mm audio cable-plug one end into the computer headphone jack and the other end into your Xbox controller."

So, it will work but they concede that the audio quality would be really bad

https://fifinemicrophone.com/blogs/news/t669-faq
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

Xbox One - Headphone Mic Not Working

your bluetooth headset with mic is designed for audio and talking via bluetooth, the cable that you can plug into your headset and then to the controller only enables audio not mic. lots of bluetooth headsets and headphones are the same, the option to plug in a cable is for audio only.
  6. Finchy A Win User

Headset stuff

Basically my x11 has 2 audio jacks , 1 that plugged into the xbox tv out adapter (not hdmi) and 1 that plugged into the controller , the first is now plugged into my tv and game sound comes through fine and in stereo . When an adapter comesout that means
    I can plug the second audio jack into my controller will that push through the chat and activate the mic ?
  7. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox One Stereo Adapter

You'd buy the adapter and plug it into the controller. The headset adapter for the controller provides both mic and audio output support.
  8. Listed mia 510 Win User

No sound from Game DVR?

Do any of you with audio issues use third party Mics?

I have been noticing while my headset is plugged in i get no sounds on recordings. But when headset is not plugged in the audio is in the clip
Thema:

1. Bad audio and trouble with controller when any mic is plugged in. - Similar Threads - Bad audio trouble

2. My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine

in XboX Insiders
    My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine: I bought a new headset and controller to try to tackle this issue and the controller definitely did reduce the occurrence yet it still happens where my audio keeps on stuttering really badly at...
  3. Hi-Fi Rush Showed Me How Bad Series X ARC Audio Delay Is

in XboX Insiders
    Hi-Fi Rush Showed Me How Bad Series X ARC Audio Delay Is: I would really like to play Hi-Fi Rush but it's really unplayable on my system. I have my 1 month old Series X hooked directly up to my TV (HDMI 2.0) which is hooked up to my 5.1 receiver (HDMI...
  4. How to fix bad audio quality on Xbox game bar

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix bad audio quality on Xbox game bar: Hi, I use a set of Apple AirPod pros for my audio output on my windows pc and an external yeti microphone for input. The audio output on my AirPods are completely fine until I join an Xbox party...
  5. Why does my game audio sound bad when in a party?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game audio sound bad when in a party?: Every time I join a Xbox party on my pc it makes my game audio sound distorted and choppy. I first ran into this problem on Fortnite, when I joined my friends Xbox party it completely switched up...
  6. Bad Audio Quality In Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bad Audio Quality In Xbox Game Bar: When I try to record the last 30 seconds of a game the video audio quality isn't always the best and I hear a little static. I have turned up the audio quality to 192 kbps with no improvement....
  7. xbox game bar with really bad audio in CALLS (i've not tested on recordings)

in XboX Insiders
    xbox game bar with really bad audio in CALLS (i've not tested on recordings): my pc (windows 11) got a really bad audio in xbox app since the first time i've openned the app for the first time, my old pc never had that problem, and the xbox app on my cellphone is ok too,...
  8. Soooooooo after updating to alpha insider my audio is now bad?

in XboX Insiders
    Soooooooo after updating to alpha insider my audio is now bad?: It seems that after updating to alpha insider my Audio started being pretty bad, I went to Spotify and it started playing double and echoing and now it seems that my audio just doesn’t sound as...
  9. anyone else having bad audio syncing with YouTube?

in XboX Insiders
    anyone else having bad audio syncing with YouTube?: When ever you are watching YouTube the video seems to play faster than the audio and the only way to kind of fix it is by pausing for a few seconds then it's back to how it was 2 minutes later...
  10. Audio while gaming bad on Xbox one when streaming twitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Audio while gaming bad on Xbox one when streaming twitch: Whenever I start streaming on twitch on my Xbox one the audio cuts in and out and statics. Can't find a fix to this anywhere. Yes I use a webcam and no I dont have a kinect. Thank you for any help...