Backwards Compatibility Again!

Discus and support Backwards Compatibility Again! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Folks, I'm new to Xbox and recently purchased Xbox One after years of owning Playstation...loving the Xbox by the way and its my console of choice now... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by willjames one, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Backwards Compatibility Again!

Folks,

I'm new to Xbox and recently purchased Xbox One after years of owning Playstation...loving the Xbox by the way and its my console of choice now with PS4 gathering dust. One of the reasons I bought Xbox One is for exclusive titles and backwards compatibility.

I like the thought of playing the older games. However, I am still unsure how the backwards compatibility works? Am I a ****? Can I not just purchase digital versions of Xbox 360 games via Xbox One store? Or do I have to own a physical copy? I see that Portal
    has just come onto the list and I love that game. Therefore do I need to buy a copy of the 360 version (disc) for it to download a digital version when I put in Xbox One or do I have to have previously played on Xbox 360? Obviously I have no history of games
    with 360 because I never owned one.

Can someone simply tell me how to get the games? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Scott

:)

willjames one, Dec 18, 2015
  2. Haven't received code for Dark Souls 1

Hey again Lillebrother!

Dark Souls is only available to play on the Xbox 360 console. For information regarding future titles that are added to the Backwards Compatibility catalog, check out our Xbox One Backward
    Compatibility
    page. Thanks!

Mister Quimby, Dec 18, 2015
  3. xbox 720

Personally, I do not need backwards compatibility. Two rooms. Two televisions. One old Xbox. One new Xbox. I'm of course not against backwards compatibility, but don't need it. Just sayin'.

Antivictorious-6A69A90E-3D1B-4B40-9312-887D67975ED, Dec 18, 2015
  4. haz2901
    haz2901 Guest

2 options mate, you can buy the disc. Which will download a digital version onto your Xbox, although you will still need the disc in to play. Or you can buy the games from Xbox.com Backwards Compatibility Again! :)

haz2901, Dec 19, 2015
  5. My disc copy of mass effect gets stuck at 10%.

Monkulas prime, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Monkulas prime Win User

My disc copy of mass effect gets stuck at 10%.
  7. haz2901 Win User

2 options mate, you can buy the disc. Which will download a digital version onto your Xbox, although you will still need the disc in to play. Or you can buy the games from Xbox.com :)
  8. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

Overall thoughts on Battlefront. Recommend or not recommend?

I'm waiting for MOH Warfighter to go backward compatible then i'll be playing that again. That next list of 7 games should be almost here. Then onto the next 100 games list for backward compatibility.
  9. Mister Quimby Win User

Haven't received code for Dark Souls 1

Hey again Lillebrother!

Dark Souls is only available to play on the Xbox 360 console. For information regarding future titles that are added to the Backwards Compatibility catalog, check out our Xbox One Backward
    Compatibility
    page. Thanks!
  10. StuartATrueRed Win User

Backwards compatibility on DC

All dlc that are for games that is on the Backward compatibilty list are also backward compatible, you do not have to purchase them again.
Thema:

1. Backwards Compatibility Again! - Similar Threads - Backwards Compatibility Again

2. Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one: So I wanted to ask you if the orange box is backwards compatible with xbox one please respond soon a1045a00-0713-4b3c-95a5-52e14082e179
  3. Is cars race o rama backwards compatible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is cars race o rama backwards compatible: Hi there just wanted to ask a quick question about if cars race o rama is backwards compatible with xbox one f4ce33cd-fe00-4111-8bd2-353489c3ca0d
  4. Forza Backwards Compatible

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Backwards Compatible: Is there any chance that the older forza games are gonna be backwards compatible? I really want to play them on the series X 240bf7f5-9575-471b-ad4e-9f6d84d6987a
  5. Xbox One - Backwards compatibility issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Backwards compatibility issue: I have been playing Sacred 3 for several weeks now on my Xbox One, but today I am unable to continue playing. At first, it wouldn't recognize that I was online and signed into Live. I followed...
  6. Friday the 13: The Game no longer backwards compatible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friday the 13: The Game no longer backwards compatible?: I have Friday the 13th the Game on disc, and even though the disc can be read and played fine in my Xbox One, my Series X will not recognize the disc no matter how many times I perform a power...
  7. Is minecraft story mode backwards compatible with xbox one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is minecraft story mode backwards compatible with xbox one?: I've wanted to play minecraft story mode for a long time and the prices for the complete edition is expensive and my cousin gave me his old copy and wondering if it will work?...
  8. Will sonic and Sega all star racing be backwards compatible

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will sonic and Sega all star racing be backwards compatible: Will this game ever be backwards compatible? 30ef492e-0447-48c4-9b69-720a82848329
  9. windows live not working for backward compatible games cant log in

in XBoX on Consoles
    windows live not working for backward compatible games cant log in: windows live not working for backward compatible games cant log in worked fine 5 days ago fc43185f-1218-42bb-bd69-07d7b56643a2
  10. How to fix xbox 360 backwards compatible games on my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix xbox 360 backwards compatible games on my xbox one: Ive been trying to play Cod Modern Warfare 2 (2009) on my Xbox one backwards compatible. I’ve been playing it for months with no issues until now, it won’t load past the Xbox 360 load screen...