Backup gaming clips

Discus and support Backup gaming clips in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; H, I am having a problem with the new gaming clip backup app. On XBox series xs OS10.0.25398.2258 SV2309.0.2309.18001 I have tried backing up to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kursaalflyer, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Kursaalflyer
    Kursaalflyer Guest

Backup gaming clips

H,

I am having a problem with the new gaming clip backup app.

On XBox series xs

OS10.0.25398.2258

SV2309.0.2309.18001

I have tried backing up to a 1tb external drive usb 3.0 and if the new software looses the prime focus it stops working.

eg

1. start copying switch to a game copying stops.

2. leave app on copy screen and console powers down, copying stops.

3. No games or other app running copied 10 files and watched until complete result was 5 copied 5 failed no reason or which ones.

Can you fix.

:)

Kursaalflyer, Oct 10, 2023
  2. Kursaalflyer Win User

Backup gaming clips

Hi,

Thanks for the summary.

Most of it is correct I just would like to add

1. Batch copies (XBoxCaptureCopies) are less than 50% successful. Copy fails if you try and play a game at the sametime. Copy fails if the console enters hibernation/standby. The files are copied in (original?) mp4 format that can be ready on PC by Windows Media Player.

2. Single copies (GameDVR) have not failed yet. They are copied instantly to the external drive during game play. These clips seem to be created in a new mp4 format that window media player will not play unless you purchase a codec upgrade.

It seems they are several procedures been stitched together to create the app and its getting confused.

Many thanks for your time.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Backup gaming clips

Hello Kursaalflyer,

Thank you for coming back with the thread.

I see that failures occur when batch copying of Xbox captures when playing games and console is in standby mode it is because of these possible reasons:

• If you are playing a game that has high graphics or frame rate demands, the game capture quality may be reduced or the capture may fail. This is because the console prioritizes the game performance over the capture function.
    • If you have enabled the Auto HDR feature on your console, the game capture may not work properly or may not reflect the HDR effect. This is because the Auto HDR feature is applied at the system level and not at the game level.
    • If you have set your console power mode to Energy-saving, the game capture may not resume after the console enters hibernation or standby mode. This is because the console shuts down completely and does not save any background processes. To avoid this, you can change your power mode to Instant-on, which allows the console to quickly resume from a low-power state and keep some processes running in the background.

For the game clips and screenshots saved on Game DVR folder, in order for you to edit and share it to any social media platforms, you will need PC editing tools or application that is compatible for mp4 format and PNG and may need to purchase a codec upgrade.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Kursaalflyer Win User

Backup gaming clips

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

1. The 1tb Toshiba MQ01ABD100V drive set in an Orico 2.5 inch HD USB3.0 enclosure, and is formatted as NTFS.

2. As outlined in the app the drive can be any drive with sufficient space. This is a laptop backup drive with 865 0f 931 gb free.

As I suggested the app does not like loosing focus.

I could only copy a few clips/screenshots when I switch back to the game (Quick Resume). Perhaps a thread issue.

When I first tried with the idle option 'on' the console went into rest mode and only 6 of 232 clips copied.

When i turned with the idle option off 55 of 232 copied.

I did not sit and watch all 55 being copied but I noticed some games reported they were being 'downloaded'.

I tried copying and watching a smaller number, 6, 10 and 12. Each time it reported that some did not copy which ones I cannot say.

I could if desperate rerun the smaller batches and then check via latop which failed. Let me know. Though I am sure the dev and testers could do this more efficiently.

Note of that total 232, 156 are games clips, 76 are screenshots.

Note also of those 55 that did copy 0 were screen shots.

Hope this make the muddy water a little clearly.

Alaways happy to do a little research if needed.

PeteR
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Backup gaming clips

Hello Kursaalflyer,

Thank you for getting back with the thread and I apologize for some delay in my end.

Based on the information provided, the USB you are using meets the requirement for an external drive to be used for back up of game captures and screenshots.

We would like to ask if your external drive was set as your capture location by going to these steps:

• Plug a USB 3.0 (or faster) drive into your console.
    • Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage.
    • Go to your external drive and select Set as capture location.
    • Your game clips and screenshots will be recorded to your external drive. To revert, set your internal drive as your capture location.

Additionally, have you tried inserting your external drive to different port your Xbox Console and experiencing the same issue? And also, can you tell us if the USB is used only for backing up your captures and screenshots and no other files are being saved?

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. Tomm_A Win User

Backup gaming clips

Hello Kursaalflyer,

Thank you for pointing it out.

To have this reach to our developer's ears, submit feedback by using Report a problem app by downloading it from Microsoft store in your Console. Our engineers are checking it on a daily basis and would start rolling out an investigation. For your reference in how to provide your feedback to Xbox team, follow the steps provided in this link: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

Thank you for raising this concern and we appreciate for your feedback. This will help us continually improve to give everyone the best experience.

Sincerely,

Thema:

Backup gaming clips

1. Backup gaming clips - Similar Threads - Backup gaming clips

2. xbox pc game pass saves(Starfield) to OneDrive for backup how?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox pc game pass saves(Starfield) to OneDrive for backup how?: How to script or app to backup Pc games pass save files ie (starfield) to OneDrive. The files on located at :...
  3. Can I backup game saves to a cloud with Microsoft Store?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I backup game saves to a cloud with Microsoft Store?: Hi there, I'm looking to reset my PC but do not want to loose my game saves for FH4 from the Microsoft Store. Is there a way that I can save the game saves and to a cloud so that when the game...
  4. All Games missing from My Collection in Xbox PC app after backup restore of game drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All Games missing from My Collection in Xbox PC app after backup restore of game drive: I recently had a hard disk problem and restored a recent backup of the drive I use for the XBox for PC game files. The WindowsApps folder exists on the drive after the restore and the file size is...
  5. Xbox One X local saved game backup

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One X local saved game backup: Hi, I'm only new to Xbox One X having recently switched after my PS4 died. I was just curious to know if it was possible to backup local save game data to a USB / External Drive like you can on...
  6. Save Game Backup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Save Game Backup: I would like to manually back up a save file on the Xbox one. If you transfer an entire game to a USB drive does your current save game also get copied and saved as it is at that time? If yes,...
  7. How can I create a backup game save for a game with an external HDD?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I create a backup game save for a game with an external HDD?: So, I tried to start a new game with my external USB HDD, but I found out there is no way to make a game save there. Plus, my achievements for Just Dance 2020 are not tracking properly....
  8. game backup

in XBoX on Consoles
    game backup: Ive been experiencing a start up error, have followed all the steps and still does not open with home screen! Im probably going to have to perform a factory default reset.. before i lose all my...
  9. Backup de jogos! [game backups]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backup de jogos! [game backups]: Ola, eu TENHO O Windows 10 instalado no PC e Gostava de saber Como Posso salvar o Progresso do meu Jogo FROZEN QUEDA LIVRE Poder formatar o pc E Depois nao ter que Começar o Jogo desde o inicio....
  10. How do I backup an Xbox 360 game save from USB stick to computer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I backup an Xbox 360 game save from USB stick to computer?: Can anyone tell me how I transfer (backup) my gamesave to a computer. I've tried to search online how to copy my save to a computer but so far unsuccessful. I have simply copied and pasted the...