Backup Copies of XBox 360 games

Discus and support Backup Copies of XBox 360 games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am unaware of copyright rules for Xbox games. I am wondering if it is legal to make an iso copy of Xbox 360 games. If not what advice do you offer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Matthew SA., May 11, 2015.

1. Matthew SA.
    Matthew SA. Guest

I am unaware of copyright rules for Xbox games. I am wondering if it is legal to make an iso copy of Xbox 360 games. If not what advice do you offer for this type of service. If it is illegal to make backups of the games, does Microsoft offer services for
    games which become unplayable due to wear and tear, such as replacement discs if old ones are turned in?

:)

Matthew SA., May 11, 2015
  2. WassimAli69
    WassimAli69 Guest
    Backup system from xbox 360 to xbox one

Hello, I changed console to switch from xbox 360 to xbox one. I had a backup of the games just cause 2 on my xbox 360, so I activate the cloud on my same xbox 360 account on xbox one but I still do not have my backup just cause 2 of my xbox 360. I do not
    want start all the game on my xbox one again.

How can I get my backup back?

WassimAli69, May 11, 2015
  3. TRITONK175
    TRITONK175 Guest
    Gears of War: Judgement Player Data Questions on Xbox ONE.

1. If you have your Gears: Judgement player data/campaign saves synced with the Cloud on Xbox ONE, play some of it and then load it on your 360 with Cloud saves activated, is any new progress you made whilst playing on your Xbox ONE lost or does it carry
    over allowing you to backup your stats on the 360???

2. Everyone knows the method of creating backup copies of your player data/campaign saves for Gears 3 and Gears: Judgement on 360 by now. Knowing that this is possible due to the Gears servers storing your data, does this mean that if you start up Gears:
    Judgement on the Xbox ONE whilst connected to Live, the servers will carry over your stats???

TRITONK175, May 11, 2015
  4. Backup Copies of XBox 360 games

Creating copies of video games is illegal.

Copied video games will not work on any standard console anyway even if it was legal.

You would have to modify your console to use them which would result in a console ban.

No, microsoft do not offer trade ins on old games, you would need to repurchase the game if it became faulty.

THEOWENKILLER, May 11, 2015
  5. It is not illegal to backup copy your disc but as said the backups as you have ownership rights, however as stated above the backup will be useless as the Xbox won't play it. Digital backups will work but you will need the disc every time you want to play
    the game (little tip: if you have a damaged disc borrow the game off a friend install it then a lot of the time the damaged disc is enough to 'handshake' and start the game from the install[bigger 2disc games don't work so well for this mind]). In my experience
    though backups are not really needed so much as by the time the game disc is starting to fail the games age lowers the cost to a few quid 'bucks'

x10K Tat 1664x, May 11, 2015
  6. Read the front of any and all xbox game discs, it clearly states on every disc "Do not make illegal copies of this disc"

When he talks of trade ins, its my understanding he means will microsoft exchange his disc for free if it becomes damaged, not can he go to gamestop and trade it in.

THEOWENKILLER, May 12, 2015
  7. Matthew SA.
    Matthew SA. Guest
    Great. Just wanted to make sure before doing something stupid.

Matthew SA., May 13, 2015
  8. Backup Copies of XBox 360 games

You're better off installing the games to the HDD and then using the discs only as a "key" for the game to boot up. That way, you won't damage your optical drive or game disc Backup Copies of XBox 360 games ;)

Miguel ÁngelSaavedra, May 17, 2015
  9. Irixion
    Irixion Guest
    Xbox 360 discs are in a proprietary format anyway, so making a backup is very difficult. That being said, it's not recommended. Too much trouble, and really, the best way is to install your games or have them in digital format.

Irixion, May 17, 2015
  10. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
  11. Irixion Win User

Xbox 360 discs are in a proprietary format anyway, so making a backup is very difficult. That being said, it's not recommended. Too much trouble, and really, the best way is to install your games or have them in digital format.
  12. Miguel ÁngelSaavedr Win User

You're better off installing the games to the HDD and then using the discs only as a "key" for the game to boot up. That way, you won't damage your optical drive or game disc ;)
  13. x10K Tat 1664x Win User

It is not illegal to backup copy your disc but as said the backups as you have ownership rights, however as stated above the backup will be useless as the Xbox won't play it. Digital backups will work but you will need the disc every time you want to play
    the game (little tip: if you have a damaged disc borrow the game off a friend install it then a lot of the time the damaged disc is enough to 'handshake' and start the game from the install[bigger 2disc games don't work so well for this mind]). In my experience
    though backups are not really needed so much as by the time the game disc is starting to fail the games age lowers the cost to a few quid 'bucks'
  14. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Creating copies of video games is illegal.

Copied video games will not work on any standard console anyway even if it was legal.

You would have to modify your console to use them which would result in a console ban.

No, microsoft do not offer trade ins on old games, you would need to repurchase the game if it became faulty.
  15. WPAK Win User

Thema:

1. Backup Copies of XBox 360 games - Similar Threads - Backup Copies 360

2. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  3. Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?: Hello, so am running into an issue and I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix. So I bought a TV series on the Movies & TV app, and it works correctly while streaming it on either my PC or Xbox...
  4. can we recover world in minecraft without backup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can we recover world in minecraft without backup: can we recover world in minecraft without backup in mobile f42d0ccf-f680-4e77-b7cc-641cf2019a5b
  5. cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall: i cant copy it it says that i have to be an administrator ven though i am and when i checked and my user has full cntrol permission set on it and it says that i cant edit it because is corrupt or...
  6. How to put my backups from Ghostwire: Tokyo on steam ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to put my backups from Ghostwire: Tokyo on steam ?: Yesterday I decided to re buy Xbox game pass Ultimate because I loved playing Ghostwire: Tokyo. But after some thinking, I thought it was a good idea to buy on Steam. I downloaded it on Steam...
  7. Backup gaming clips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backup gaming clips: H, I am having a problem with the new gaming clip backup app. On XBox series xs OS10.0.25398.2258 SV2309.0.2309.18001 I have tried backing up to a 1tb external drive usb 3.0 and if the new...
  8. xbox pc game pass saves(Starfield) to OneDrive for backup how?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox pc game pass saves(Starfield) to OneDrive for backup how?: How to script or app to backup Pc games pass save files ie (starfield) to OneDrive. The files on located at :...
  9. Minecraft worlds file and backups have disappeared is there any way to recover the data.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft worlds file and backups have disappeared is there any way to recover the data.: Recently my Minecraft world has disappeared as well as most backups (about 8 backups). I have tried to troubleshoot the problem myself by deleting the game, deleting local saved data, factory...
  10. FORZA HORIZON BACKUP E:47-b ERROR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FORZA HORIZON BACKUP E:47-b ERROR: Hello, last week I formatted my pc and when I reinstalled Forza Horizon 5 I get this error with my backup. Tried to unninstal, tried to login/log out and sync off but nothing works. Can you guys...