Background on Game Bar party

Discus and support Background on Game Bar party in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I updated Xbox Game Bar do find when I join a party a weird background shows up, I have it set to minimal mode just I see a transparent gray block on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Endlord15, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Endlord15
    Endlord15 Guest

I updated Xbox Game Bar do find when I join a party a weird background shows up, I have it set to minimal mode just I see a transparent gray block on background. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Background on Game Bar party [​IMG]

:)

Endlord15, Jul 19, 2022
  2. DylanSnell Win User

I figured this out! Not sure if it was a change they made with this update, but it seems to have resent the 'widget transparency' option in the settings. Open game bar, click the settings "gear" then under 'Personalization' there is a section for 'Widget Transparency". Farther under that, there are two sliders that just say 'Pinned", set those both to 100 and it'll be fully transparent again. The way that settings screen is set up it feels like it's two unrelated sliders.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Endlord15. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

By the screenshot, this is the party background tab that shows up when you join or create a party. Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no option to remove it. Sorry about this.

Feel free to ask back any questions.
  4. XBF-Spartan Win User

PC Xbox Game Bar Party Chat Crush after joining Group Party

Hi Allesandro,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums! Do you by chance have additional 3rd party software running in the background that may be causing the Game Bar to crash?
  5. porgearello Win User

Party chat only works when party overlay is on (PC)

Thank you for responding, before this latest update to game bar I could have the party in the background without the overlay and people would hear me. I didn't realise that feature got removed.
  6. Daniel O'Neill1 Win User

Party Chat Trouble Exclamation Point Triangle

This is really starting to piss me off, I don't know what's going on.. my party chat was working absolutely fine and then all of a sudden people can't hear me in the party chat.

So if I join a party and I have the Xbox Game bar on the screen and can view the party people can hear me

However if I don't have xbox game bar on my screen they cannot hear me but I can still hear them? ( its like something isn't allowing it to run in the background )
Thema:

1. Background on Game Bar party - Similar Threads - Background Game Bar

2. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  3. How to turn on xbox game bar in background?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to turn on xbox game bar in background?: Hello, everyone. I've been having a problem with the game bar for a while now. It doesn't let me use it in the background of my PC. The Gamebar tells me that the app permission is off. I follow...
  4. Xbox game bar background permissions is off and only way to fix it is by reseting Xbox game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar background permissions is off and only way to fix it is by reseting Xbox game...: When ever I turn my pc on to play with my friends I have to go into settings reset Xbox game bar and select my preferred audio settings but when I turn my pc off the fix goes away and I have to do...
  5. game bar is not allowing background audio and its permissions are unfindable

in XboX Insiders
    game bar is not allowing background audio and its permissions are unfindable: ever since I installed the lockdown browser for a class my gamebar hasn't worked at all, I've since installed lockdown but its permissions are still flummery beyond all repair. submitted by...
  6. I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar: I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating the xbox game bar, what can I do? d9667d4d-593e-4fc1-9969-bf20e8d78b76
  7. Anyone know how to enable xbox game bar to run in the background on windows 11?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Anyone know how to enable xbox game bar to run in the background on windows 11?: I cannot find anywhere in settings a place to enable xbox game bar to run in the background 523ba6db-a6d0-494b-baa6-4035f33fcea9
  8. Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area...: Hello, I updated the Xbox game bar and I want to be able to talk to my friends while game bar is running in the background. The update disabled game bar's permission to run in the background, and...
  9. Game bar doesnt work in background anymore

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar doesnt work in background anymore: I have this weird problem, where the game bar app only pics up my mic, when its actively open... It also only works, if I pin the widget on my screen. But thats just annoying, when In play...
  10. Xbox Game Bar picking up too much background noise?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar picking up too much background noise?: So I have been having a problem where Xbox game bar is receiving too much background noise in recordings through my Blue Iceball condenser mic. I have tested my mic with other Windows recording...