Background music from audio CD's

Discus and support Background music from audio CD's in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Glad to see that background music is coming and I understand that apps like pandora will come come eventually, but I was wondering if and when will... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DatWunFooL, Aug 5, 2016.

1. DatWunFooL
    DatWunFooL Guest

Glad to see that background music is coming and I understand that apps like pandora will come come eventually, but I was wondering if and when will audio cd's be able to play in the background? I tried putting in some music CD's I have but none of them
    seems to want to play in the background. The only thing at the moment that seems to work is the CAST app.

:)

DatWunFooL, Aug 5, 2016
  2. ColdKarma
    ColdKarma Guest
    Playing music in the background on xbox one

Has anyone come up with a good way to do this?
    I know of two ways to play music in the background while playing a game-
    1) Paying extortionate amounts for xbox music subscription
    2) Snapping a music video on youtube

I notice there's an 'Audio CD' sort of app thing, I don't know if you can insert a CD, snap 'Audio CD' and then play it along side a digital game, I think when that feature was announced they said it couldn't be snapped ... If anyone can spare a moment please try it and report back.

ColdKarma, Aug 5, 2016
  3. spleendingo
    spleendingo Guest
    Xbox One will support CD playback, but.....

The Xbox One will support CD playback, but will not support MP3 playback or "ripping". It will, however, be able to play streaming music from certain devices. The following link provides all the details

Do you think this is just to sell their unlimited music service, or a response to the PS4 news that they won't have these capabilities?

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/1/50...lna-compatibility-audio-cd-playback-microsoft

spleendingo, Aug 5, 2016
  4. Uwe.
    Uwe. Guest

Background playback is currently only implemented by a small number of apps because it was just introduced. There are several apps coming through the "Universal Windows App" program on the Xbox One that will support more playback devices and probably also
    one which can play CDs in the background.

Uwe., Aug 5, 2016
  5. greg_window10_instal Win User

Is there anyway to play CDs in the background?

Hello SubjectDelta004,

It's a good question. And, it seems you are not the only one asking about a "Background CD player" . Now, it is true that the Groove app
    will let you "Playing background music on Xbox One" . But, at this time it does not support playing from music CD directly. You can download and
    install the free Audio CD player app from your Xbox. However, that does not support playing background music. Once you leave the app, the music will stop. But, the opposite is not true for things you are downloading. The downloads will continue regardless
    if you are playing a CD. I know this may not be exactly what you wanted. But, it does mean you can play a music CD and download at the same time.

Also, may I suggest going over to the Xbox
    feedback
    website and vote for the "Background CD player" post. It is possible that this feature may show up in future Xbox One updates.

xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/17017216-background-cd-player

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/playing-background-music-xbox-one

xbox.uservoice.com/

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
  6. Uwe. Win User

Background playback is currently only implemented by a small number of apps because it was just introduced. There are several apps coming through the "Universal Windows App" program on the Xbox One that will support more playback devices and probably also
    one which can play CDs in the background.
  7. JamesBeltz Win User

Xbox 360 S

It is an audio cd with .mp3 music files
  8. XBF George L Win User

Xbox One (X) - MP3-Discs, Copy/Paste, Disc Explorer

Also, You can play music CD's with the Audio CD Player App available from the Store (Press "Y" from the home screen to search). Hope this helps.
  9. juan van Win User

riping music

Thema:

1. Background music from audio CD's - Similar Threads - Background music audio

2. Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music

in XboX Insiders
    Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music: That would be great. And there are probably lots of people who would use it. submitted by /u/Brocker_9000 [link] [comments]
  3. Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?: I usually play games with Spotify or Soundcloud music playing in the background. Lately, I've decided to try streaming, first testing in my own server to see if it works. I realized if I listen...
  4. Where is youtube music on the background music player

in XboX Insiders
    Where is youtube music on the background music player: Please add Youtube music to the background music player submitted by /u/MMRRF [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox One Background Music Game Clips

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox One Background Music Game Clips: I was wondering how to get game captures to include music playing in background from an app like spotify or one of the other apps in captured video clips taken specifically on 360 games...
  6. Ambient Background Music for New Xbox Dashboard?

in XboX Insiders
    Ambient Background Music for New Xbox Dashboard?: I find it a little odd that only the Original Xbox had at least a certain kind of background audio for it's Dashboard, but going forward neither the 360, the Xbox One [OG, S, X] or the Series S/X...
  7. Why does Xbox Series S crash when listening to background music via Windows Media Player?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Xbox Series S crash when listening to background music via Windows Media Player?: Today I started playing music on my xbox in the background via Windows media player app on xbox via DLNA connection. It worked fine for about 20 minutes, then it began opening up Windows media...
  8. What other games are there that have cool music in the background while playing like...

in XboX Insiders
    What other games are there that have cool music in the background while playing like...: What other games are there that have cool music in the background while playing like Doom(2016), Doom 2: Eternal, Payday 2: Crimewave, and Elden Ring? submitted by /u/xArkSlade08x [link]...
  9. Xbox One - Background Audio (Media Player,VLC,Groove Music)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One - Background Audio (Media Player,VLC,Groove Music): Hey, i'm pretty sure that you know what i (well i guess a lot of player) want. Is there any chance that you let VLC or other great apps play audio files such as songs in the background? Xbox's...
  10. Significant Audio Crackling/Popping When Listening to Background Music - Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Significant Audio Crackling/Popping When Listening to Background Music - Xbox One X: Dear Microsoft Community, I have encountered an issue when trying to run a music application alongside a game on the Xbox One X. No matter what I try settings-wise, the audio is interrupted by...