Awful framerate in 1440p mode in Red Dead Redemption 2 and other 30 fps games. Works fine in ...

Discus and support Awful framerate in 1440p mode in Red Dead Redemption 2 and other 30 fps games. Works fine in ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some reason, when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 in 1440p, the framerate is so bad it's hard to play. There is stutter like every 2 seconds even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by theillum, Nov 26, 2018.

1. theillum
    theillum Guest

Awful framerate in 1440p mode in Red Dead Redemption 2 and other 30 fps games. Works fine in ...

For some reason, when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 in 1440p, the framerate is so bad it's hard to play. There is stutter like every 2 seconds even when looking at the sky or in the ground. When I switch to 1080p or 4k mode the game runs butter smooth.
    I've noticed the same issue in Assassins Creed Oddysey and few other 4k 30fps games. The problem only appears when in 1440p mode. I've contacted Rockstar and Ubisoft, but the answer is always the same "It's a problem with Microsoft software". I've contacted
    MS support but the only answer I get is the usual "restart your console, clear cache etc". I have 3 Xbox One X's in my household and 5 displays (1x 1080p, 2x 1440p and 2x 4k) and it's the same on all of them. 4k is super smooth, 1440p stutters so bad it's
    hard to play (only in 30 fps games as far as I've noticed), 1080p is super smooth. Any way to combat the issue? Or can we at least get a word from MS that it's being looked into?

:)

theillum, Nov 26, 2018
  2. SyberWeapon
    SyberWeapon Guest
    Xbox Scorpio Questions and Suggestions - Possible Updates For "4k Gaming" Or "Options" For Original And Future XB1 Games.

Honestly i'm all for a 4k Gaming mode and a Hyper 1080p/1440p 60 fps mode.

SyberWeapon, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Spacemoonkey
    Spacemoonkey Guest
  4. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist, It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with the framerate in game only when using 1440p resolution. To better assist you what are the display that are currently being used(Make and Model)? As well this
    only happens with those two games correct?

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!

XBF Paul M, Nov 26, 2018
  5. theillum
    theillum Guest
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the fast reply.

Here are my displays:

- 2x OLED55C8PLA - works great in 4k, works great in 1080p, 1440p mode stutters in RDR2

- Acer Predator XB271HUBMIPRZ (1440p display) - 1440p mode stutters in RDR2, 1080p mode super smooth. I also use my PC on this display and sometimes PS4 and they work fine. This is my main gaming display.

- LG 27mb85r-b (1440p display) - 1440p mode stutters in RDR2, 1080p mode is super smooth.

- 6 years old Sony TV (forgot the model, 1080p display) - works great in 1080p

I don't have many 4k games to test right now but I do remember Assassins Creed Oddysey had a very similar problem while For Honor runs fine (at least as far as I remember, this one doesn't have native 4k tho I believe). Red Dead Redemption is the worst case,
    to be honest. It's instantly noticeable and never goes away. I still don't understand why it's so bad in 1440p mode while in the more demanding 4k mode it's perfect. A representative of Rockstar Support told me that Red Dead Redemption is rendered always
    in 4k and scaling the game to other resolutions is on MS side. Hopefully, you can help me sort it out.

theillum, Nov 26, 2018
  6. Hi,

That's an odd issue. When running the One X in 1440P the image is dowsampled to that resolution, however the game itself is still playing interaly at 2160P - so there shouldn't be any performance hit at all.

Having had quick look at your monitor's
    user manual
    in the 'Picture' settings, there is a 'response time' setting regarding fast moving images. Reading that suggests to me it should be set to 'High'

Have you tried adjusting this?

Obsessive Power, Nov 26, 2018
  7. Darkwolfecze
    Darkwolfecze Guest
    Strange issue. Is there anyone else who can try to switch between resolutions and say if they have same problems?

Darkwolfecze, Nov 26, 2018
  8. theillum
    theillum Guest

Hi there,

I've tried that as well and nothing helps Awful framerate in 1440p mode in Red Dead Redemption 2 and other 30 fps games. Works fine in ... :(. I've tested it on all my 1440p capable displays and other Xbox One x units and it's the same. My friend that uses 1440p display has the same issue in Red Dead. It's really frustrating, especially because RDR
    online comes out today Awful framerate in 1440p mode in Red Dead Redemption 2 and other 30 fps games. Works fine in ... :(

theillum, Nov 26, 2018
  9. theillum
    theillum Guest
    I've personally tried it on a few displays and few Xbox one x units. My friend has the same issue. It would still help a lot if anyone else could confirm it.

theillum, Nov 26, 2018
  10. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hi theillium,

This does seem like an issue when trying to downscale the resolution to 1440p for 4K games at 30 fps on Xbox One X. I haven't been able to confirm it personally, but I have seen others on Reddit and one other post about it here that I found when searching.
    The first thing I recommend is to install the Xbox Insider program and launch the Report a problem feature within the app. From there you can report the issue as new if you don't see it on the list of known issues and you are able to provide a screenshot or
    a video to send it in to be investigated.

Here is a resource for how to report a problem to Xbox:
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem

I hope this helps!

XBF Diego M, Nov 27, 2018
  11. theillum
    theillum Guest
    Thanks Diego, I'll do that!

theillum, Nov 27, 2018
  12. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hi theillum,

We appreciate your understanding while the team gathers data on this. We encourage others who come across this post with the same issue to follow the same procedures listed before in reporting a problem to the engineers. The more reports the Xbox team receives,
    the easier it is for them to find the correct solution. We also encourage to let those you know personally experiencing this issue to report the problem as well.

Thank you for your feedback!

XBF Diego M, Nov 6, 2018
  13. XBF Paul M Win User

Awful framerate in 1440p mode in Red Dead Redemption 2 and other 30 fps games. Works fine in 4k Xbox One X

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist, It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with the framerate in game only when using 1440p resolution. To better assist you what are the display that are currently being used(Make and Model)? As well this
    only happens with those two games correct?

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
  14. Darkwolfecze Win User

Awful framerate in 1440p mode in Red Dead Redemption 2 and other 30 fps games. Works fine in 4k Xbox One X

Strange issue. Is there anyone else who can try to switch between resolutions and say if they have same problems?
  15. theillum Win User

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the fast reply.

Here are my displays:

- 2x OLED55C8PLA - works great in 4k, works great in 1080p, 1440p mode stutters in RDR2

- Acer Predator XB271HUBMIPRZ (1440p display) - 1440p mode stutters in RDR2, 1080p mode super smooth. I also use my PC on this display and sometimes PS4 and they work fine. This is my main gaming display.

- LG 27mb85r-b (1440p display) - 1440p mode stutters in RDR2, 1080p mode is super smooth.

- 6 years old Sony TV (forgot the model, 1080p display) - works great in 1080p

I don't have many 4k games to test right now but I do remember Assassins Creed Oddysey had a very similar problem while For Honor runs fine (at least as far as I remember, this one doesn't have native 4k tho I believe). Red Dead Redemption is the worst case,
    to be honest. It's instantly noticeable and never goes away. I still don't understand why it's so bad in 1440p mode while in the more demanding 4k mode it's perfect. A representative of Rockstar Support told me that Red Dead Redemption is rendered always
    in 4k and scaling the game to other resolutions is on MS side. Hopefully, you can help me sort it out.
  16. theillum Win User

Thanks Diego, I'll do that!
  17. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi theillum,

We appreciate your understanding while the team gathers data on this. We encourage others who come across this post with the same issue to follow the same procedures listed before in reporting a problem to the engineers. The more reports the Xbox team receives,
    the easier it is for them to find the correct solution. We also encourage to let those you know personally experiencing this issue to report the problem as well.

Thank you for your feedback!
Thema:

1. Awful framerate in 1440p mode in Red Dead Redemption 2 and other 30 fps games. Works fine in ... - Similar Threads - Awful framerate 1440p

2. Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation: I have recently bought an xbox360 controller and dongle for my PC but the controller is nearly useless due to the translation between the physical movement of the analogue sticks to the in-game...
  3. EA Play is awful so I canceled my subscription to Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA Play is awful so I canceled my subscription to Game Pass: I wanted to play Dead Space on PC Game Pass but when I went to link my xbox account to EA Play I got this message: Linked Accounts Found Your accounts can’t be linked because your Xbox account...
  4. Xbox app awful download speeds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app awful download speeds: I have a 70mbps connection from Ookla speed test, and my Xbox app downloads never go higher than 10mbps. Is there a way to uncap it so it takes less than a few hours to download a game?...
  5. Why is Microsoft Support so abysmally awful?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Microsoft Support so abysmally awful?: Several weeks ago i redeemed all my Microsoft rewards points for 1 month of Game Pass. I never received the reward! I contacted Microsoft support who directed me to the rewards team. I told them...
  6. The new profanity system is awful in my opinion

in XboX Insiders
    The new profanity system is awful in my opinion: Personally I think the whole 8 strikes thing is stupid, and I’ll give a few points as to why I think this. First and foremost, it’s online gaming, who hasn’t cussed each other out over a heated...
  7. My COD AW dlc camos are not working once purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My COD AW dlc camos are not working once purchased: i recently bought the xray camo on Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare and even after installing it it still shows up as locked on the game. I looked around online and i am yet to find an answer any...
  8. Problems with 3 games on gamepass this morning. Microsoft support beyond awful

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with 3 games on gamepass this morning. Microsoft support beyond awful: Humankind disappeared Starfield not syncing on iPad Football manager touch screen not working. And Microsoft support never ever ever calls you back. Jokes ba0f2c73-2db9-4358-ace3-9f70e10916aa
  9. Awful download speeds on xbox app PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Awful download speeds on xbox app PC?: Downloading is super slow. Getting around 5 MB. where on Steam and everywhere else I am hitting 200mb+. I reinstalled Xbox app. Reinstalled game services I saw a post where someone said to...
  10. The new UI is awful, how can I modify it with less ads? The entire thing is ads.

in XBoX on Windows
    The new UI is awful, how can I modify it with less ads? The entire thing is ads.: I can't stand this UI. The old one was simplistic but manageable. I can currently only have 2 of my groups on the homepage followed by 9000 ads for games I usually already own. This UI is a...